? TINA TURNER,...an Icon as a Live Performare,and Artist..?

Posted by: Peder on 25 April 2018

???? TINA TURNER,...what can I say. 6 month ago a friend send me a clip from YouTube. I have some of her records on vinyl,have listen to her records and also earlier.....a long time ago see her on TV. But never see her doing a Live Performance on stage,I have now.....thanks to YouTube.

The sound is not so good on YouTube-clips than on vinyl-records,but it doesn't matter,to see this heroin-lady (as Oprah Winfrey says) in Live Performance is out of this world

To see her performing live is marvelous,she owns the stage,and the audience eat from her hands. She was known as to have 100% public-contact from the first song. And I think you know about  her energy,dynamic,intensenty,electrisity and always giving 100% on stage. Some facts...

?Tina Turner has sold more concert tickets than any other solo-artist...over all times ? 

? 11 World Tours, every one Sold Out,the longest "Break Every Rule Tour" in 1988, 218 conserts....and we talk here about Arena-concerts. Not many artists can fill arena-conserts,all Tina's was Sold Out. 

? Tina's last Tour was 2009,she was then 69 years old,and have been away from stage 9 years. This Tour goes in Europé and USA, 96 concerts.....everyone Sold Out. Believe that,....away from the music-business 9 years,return,and every Arena-concert Sold Out. She also get top-writings in all "newspapers"...as all called her,..."The Queen of Rock'n'Roll".....69 years old,and the same energy on stage ? 

? Tina has the world-record of the biggest concert in all times,it was at Maracana-stadium in Rio de Janeiro 1988. 188 000 people was at the concert....think about that, 188 000 people. The second place has George Michael,the same stadium with "only ????" 160 000 people.

? TINA; The Musical,...a musical of her life had World Premier in London some week ago. Tina loves England,London and was glad that this musical starts in London.

? A new book about Tina come in october,the first "I Tina" came 1986.

? Tina has won everything you can think of in the business, Kennedy Center Honored ect,the last one in januari this year.....The Lifetime Achivements Award,because of this price they shall have a big concert for her this summer. Best Rock voice of all time and of the 100 best sing voices of all times she is on place 17.......not bad for a rock-singer.

This is a start-post to this thread,maybe others here can put in something about this Iconic Artist. She loved to performe in England,I shall later post a clip from her consert at Wembley-stadium year 2000,she was then 60 years old....maybe some of you visit that consert?

At last,here is a clip from 1990,a concert in Barcelona. From the "Foreign Affair World Tour" 124 conserts.Tina was here 50 years old.....but,holy sh-t .... Look at the powerlady?  Here we can talk about electrisity....enjoy.

As I say,Tina you shall see,hear live...not on record.

----------------------------------------------------

Here comes a YouTube-video to you https://www.youtube.com/watch?...R57Q4gds&sns=sms

Posted on: 01 June 2018 by Peder

???? Promotion picture
https://i.imgur.com/BYL0G69.jpg
--------------------------------------------------------

???? Break Every Rule Tour (1987 - 1988) ????

This tour was billed as Tina’s farewell tour and brought her to all over Europe, North and South America, Australia, Japan and Israel. It was sponsored by Pepsi-Cola.

Broke box office records in 13 countries and is the biggest tour by attendance for a female artist ever with over 4 million visitors.
Opening night was on March 4, 1987 in front of a sold-out crowd at the Olympiahalle in Munich (Germany).
Closing night was on March 27, 1988 in Osaka (Japan), where Mick Jagger joined Tina on stage with the duet ”Honky Tonk Women“.

Four days earlier on March 23, Tina was a special guest on Mick Jagger's ”Tour of Japan“ in Tokyo, where both performed the songs ”Brown Sugar“ and ”It’s Only Rock’n Roll“ together.
The concert is available on the….From Far East To Down Under bootleg.

During the first few shows, Tina’s signature song ”Proud Mary” wasn’t on the setlist. Tina avoided it because she had done it so many times for so many years and was a little bit tired of it. 

Finally in Rotterdam she agreed to try it, just to see how it would work.
As the crowd erupted and sang the whole song, Tina realized that 'Mary' is still rolling on the river.

On January 16, Tina broke the ?World Record for the largest paying audience at a solo concert with a crowd over ????188,000 people at the Maracana stadium in Rio de Janeiro.
Parts of this concert were later released on the Rio '88 home video.
---------------------------------------------------------
???? Picture of the Band Members on "The Break Every Rule World Tour"
https://i.imgur.com/yOPdQeP.jpg

?Band members
Jack Bruno: Drums / Deric Dyer: Saxophone, Keyboard / Bob Feit: Guitar, Vocals / John Miles: Keyboard, Guitar, Vocals / Steve Scales: Percussion / James Ralston: Guitar, Vocals / Laurie Wisefield: Guitar / Don Snow: Keyboard, Saxophone, Vocals / Ollie Marland: Keyboard, Vocals

? Setlist.

What You Get Is What You See
Break Every Rule
I Can’t Stand The Rain
Typical Male
Acid Queen
or
Girl's
Two People
Back Where You Started
Better Be Good To Me
Addicted To Love
Private Dancer
We Don’t Need Another Hero
What’s Love Got To Do with It
Help
Let’s Stay Together
Proud Mary…..
Tina performed 'Proud Mary' for the first time in Rotterdam

Show Some Respect
It’s Only Love…..
duet with John Miles

Overnight Sensation
sometimes
Nutbush City Limits
Paradise Is Here

special songs
Tearing Us Apart
duet with Eric Clapton in London

Honky Tonk Women
duet with Mick Jagger in Osaka

???? Tina Thanks Europe.!https://i.imgur.com/CcsAkmE.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------

? June 17, 1987

The invincible Tina Turner brings the continuation of her "Break Every Rule" World Tour to North America on August 10th.

After spending the past five months on the biggest European Tour in history.
On  this, her final tour, she has played 99 Sold Out Shows to date, to a total audience of 1.8 million.

Turner tickets smashed box office records in 13 countries:
Germany, Holland, England, Switzerland, Belgium, Norway, Sweden, Spain, ltaly, Austria, France, Ireland, and Denmark.

In England, tickets went on sale in November 1986 for seven Wembley shows, June 11 through 18, and Sold Out in a matter of hours.

In Germany, the astounding ticket demand at the beginning of Tina's tour was such that promoters added open-air shows in July in Hamburg (55,000); Munich (80,000); Essen (57,000); and Nuremberg (80,000).

In Dortmund, her four concerts at "The Westfalenhalle" (85,000)… broke Pink Floyd's previous house record set in 1979.

Spain witnessed the biggest rock concert ever staged in the capital city of Madrid where 60,000 Tina fans packed the "Case De Campo Stadium.

"Tina's Break Every Rule album on Capitol Records has already gained platinum status in seven countries, including double platinum in Germany. Worldwide sales to date have exceeded five million units.

The United States tour kicks off on August 10th in Portland, Maine, and treks across America and Canada until Christmas — a total of 80 concerts in 70 markets.
The Tina Turner Band comprises an Anglo-American line-up including Americans Jack Bruno, Deric Dyer, Bob Feit, James Ralston, and Steve Scales.
The British contingent is comprised of John Miles, Don Snow and Laurie Wisefield.

? April 13, 1988

Tina Turner’s Farewell ”Break Every Rule“ Tour, BREAKS EVERY RECORDS.!

Osaka, Japan….. After 31 years on the road, Capitol Recording artist TINA TURNER has said farewell to live performances.
TINA TURNER completed her last date of her Break Every Rule Tour March 27th in Osaka, Japan.

The tour, which began unofficially the last week of November 1986 when her band performed at a taping of a "Break Every Rule" TV Special in London, was officially launched February 28th, 1987, at Olympia Halle in Munich, Germany.

The Tour spanned 25 countries and 145 cities in 5 continents.
The Osaka performance, her 220th of the 13-month tour, included a surprise appearance by Mick Jagger, who coaxed her into an impromtu duet of "Honky Tonky Woman."
TINA had surprised Jagger onstage earlier in the week during his show in Tokyo and performed "Brown Sugar" and "It's Only Rock & Roll" with him.

The facts and figures accumulated over this monumental Tour are astounding:
Over 4 million fans saw her worldwide.

In Europe alone, TURNER performed over 100 shows and was seen by over 1.7 million fans…. making it the most successful tour ever undertaken by a artist there.
---------------------------------------------------------
???? Nice picture of a 48 year old Rock-singer from this Tour.
https://i.imgur.com/pkP88TS.jpg

I conclude this writing by adding the song "Paradise Is Here", it was with this song that Tina completed her Shows during the "Break Every Rule Tour".

The song was written by,... Paul Brady.
It is possible to say a small ballad, firmly performed on Tina's special way of performance..... with a lot of power and energy.

Some reviews....
? "This is better than the original studio recording..... Absolutely Brilliant.!
? Love It, Tina's soaring vocals, This really rocks..!! 

-----------------????????????????????????????????----------------

???? Here is a YouTube video for you! Https://www.youtube.com/watch?...9EaXLyME&sns=sms

-----------------------------------------------------

This performance is worth listen too.....for information. I had listen to this clip/video,with B&W P9 headphone and Chord Hugo dac....smartphone,Ipad.

/Peder???? 

Posted on: 01 June 2018 by French Rooster

alliante93 return.....

Posted on: 01 June 2018 by Drewy
Ardbeg10y posted:

She sounds very much as Madame Edith from Cafe Rene.

Edith? That was Rene’s wife with the awful voice wasn’t it? Michelle wasn’t too bad but that German Helga had me going

Posted on: 01 June 2018 by Gianluigi Mazzorana
Peder posted:

I conclude this writing by adding the song "Paradise Is Here",

May i have some of your stuff?

Posted on: 01 June 2018 by Ardbeg10y
Drewy posted:
Ardbeg10y posted:

Edith? That was Rene’s wife with the awful voice wasn’t it? Michelle wasn’t too bad but that German Helga had me going

Yes. It was my first encounter with British culture. In the eighties, my neighbours were fans of Tina and we were watching Allo Allo every Friday on Dutch TV. The similarities were striking.

Last week I introduced Allo Allo to my 10 yr old kid and he was barely able to remain seated on the sofa.

Posted on: 01 June 2018 by Ardbeg10y
Gianluigi Mazzorana posted:
Peder posted:

Many people think like that of Sweden.

Posted on: 01 June 2018 by Gianluigi Mazzorana
Ardbeg10y posted:
Peder posted:

All the others go stuff!

Posted on: 02 June 2018 by Peder
Ardbeg10y posted:
Peder posted:

All the others go stuff!

Gianluigi Mazzorana,.... I got to think for a while before I understood what you meant, different cultures and languages can set to it for an old brain..... my ????????.

Looked at your profile, you have a wonderful system..... classic combination ????????.

/Peder ????

French Rooster posted:

alliante93 return.....

But this, I do not understand,..... explain. Who is he, or she?

/Peder ????

Posted on: 02 June 2018 by French Rooster
Alba1320 posted:

Allante93 is (was?) a forum member.

yes.  can’t say anymore, some will understand....

Ardbeg10y posted:
Drewy posted:
Ardbeg10y posted:

Yes. It was my first encounter with British culture. In the eighties, my neighbours were fans of Tina and we were watching Allo Allo every Friday on Dutch TV. The similarities were striking.

Last week I introduced Allo Allo to my 10 yr old kid and he was barely able to remain seated on the sofa.

Ardbeg10y,.....Now, the token dropped down, that TV series was good.! ..... agree.

But, you must probably be one of the exceptions that compares Tina Turner to Madame Edith ????????????.

Some pictures of Madame Edith.... you see the similarity to Tina ????????????...see the links ????????.

???? Not quite like Madame Edith ????.
Https://i.imgur.com/Atr7ofw.jpg

???? Madame Edith ????, (Tina 51 years old), performing "Undercover Agent For The Blues" Https://i.imgur.com/xN5UUGL.jpg

???? Madame Edith ????, give her all under a Performance.
Https://i.imgur.com/QihHZQL.jpg

???? Madame Edith ????, 69 years old... fantastic French Lady.!
Https://i.imgur.com/y1ZNvkP.jpg

Another thing, saw in your profile that you have Audioquest Dragonfly Black usb-dac.
It is good, I also have it, and also AQ Dragonfly Red usb-dac.
AQ Black has analogue volume control, AQ Red has digital volume control.

AQ Red plays a little cleaner and clearer, but to many songs, I prefer AQ Black...... it has a bit more drive in the bass I think, more Rock'n'Roll if you now what I mean.

Have these when I'm traveling, takes little space in my pocket.
But I always try to have them energised in the Lap-top, they play best after having been energised for 24 hours.
Moves over it to the phone, when I'm going to listen when I travel.

But, back to Madame Edith ????.

/Peder ????

French Rooster posted:
Alba1320 posted:

Allante93 is (was?) a forum member.

yes.  can’t say anymore, some will understand....

Okey, no problem.... just hope that it is not an insult to me in my thread..!!

If it is, we will have problems.

/Peder ????

I had some time over, so I was curious...... how ?Ardbeg10y could see similarities between Tina Turner and Madame Edith, in the middle of the 80 century.
Found 2 pictures of Madame Edith, and 3 at Tina Turner..... all from 1985.

?Ardbeg10y said it was in the 80 century they looked at Allo' Allo', the series was made between 1982 to 1992.So the pics from 1985 fit well enough.

I see no resemblance, but the truth lies in the eyes of the beholder..... so no one is right or wrong.
Just interesting how different we perceive things.

Madame Edith passed away 2002.

???? Year 1985, Madame Edith https://i.imgur.com/2lMhY2j.png

???? Year 1985, Madame Edith https://i.imgur.com/n2UVVTI.jpg

???? Year 1985, Tina Turner https://i.imgur.com/OnxDR7j.jpg

???? Year 1985, Tina Turner https://i.imgur.com/rhf36IO.jpg

???? Year 1985, Tina Turner Https://i.imgur.com/k9qmNN5.jpg 

/Peder???? 

Posted on: 02 June 2018 by Gianluigi Mazzorana
Peder posted:
Ardbeg10y posted:
Peder posted:

All the others go stuff!

Gianluigi Mazzorana,.... I got to think for a while before I understood what you meant, different cultures and languages can set to it for an old brain..... my ????????.

Looked at your profile, you have a wonderful system..... classic combination ????????.

/Peder ????

Some of the old forum wild bunch agitated irony that comes up sometimes......

Posted on: 03 June 2018 by Ardbeg10y
Peder posted:

Another thing, saw in your profile that you have Audioquest Dragonfly Black usb-dac.

AQ Red plays a little cleaner and clearer, but to many songs, I prefer AQ Black...... it has a bit more drive in the bass I think, more Rock'n'Roll if you now what I mean.

But I always try to have them energised in the Lap-top, they play best after having been energised for 24 hours.

/Peder ????

I have actually bought my DragonFly Black in Stockholm. I was working for that big Telecom company in Kista and office was quite noisy. The DragonFly made more difference than upgrading headphones.

These days, I have a Raspberry Pi which hosts the DragonFly. Since it has a pretty low output voltage (around 1V or so), I can use the analogue volume control of my Nac 72. As you probably know, the volume control is balanced best around 10hr and when using the DragonFly, I normally use the volume control around 10.

I have compared it to the Red, but remained using the Black. Maybe I'll buy the Red when I have saved some extra coins, but live is expensive in different areas these days.

Posted on: 04 June 2018 by Peder
Ardbeg10y posted:
Peder posted:

/Peder ????

I have actually bought my DragonFly Black in Stockholm. I was working for that big Telecom company in Kista and office was quite noisy. The DragonFly made more difference than upgrading headphones.

These days, I have a Raspberry Pi which hosts the DragonFly. Since it has a pretty low output voltage (around 1V or so), I can use the analogue volume control of my Nac 72. As you probably know, the volume control is balanced best around 10hr and when using the DragonFly, I normally use the volume control around 10.

I have compared it to the Red, but remained using the Black. Maybe I'll buy the Red when I have saved some extra coins, but live is expensive in different areas these days.

???? Ardbeg10y,.... Now, I remember that you have previously written that you have worked in Stockholm. It was when you defended my way of expressing myself, you said we're talking like this in Sweden...... thanks.

I have traveled incredibly much in Europe, have never really thought that we are talking, expressing ourselves differently.....
But of course we do all that,..... different countries, different cultures.
But no one usually means something bad, just different ways of writing, expressing themselves.

Dragonfly Black, interesting that such a little thing can still be so good, developments have really gone forward.
Think of the 90 century when the DAC's were in full sized boxes, for me it is a bit arcane.

As I said, to some songs I prefer AQ Black in front of AQ Red, when I listen to music with my phone when I travel.
That's why I wrote what I was listening to for equipment, when I added the Clipp/video with Tina Turner "Paradise Is Here".

Then you know where my reference point is, if you are going to compare,listen yourself.
Think with AQ Black that Tina and the band, in that song have more drive, energy and attack.

That Clipp/video is worth listening to with "good equipment"....loud ????, also to be on Youtube it has good sound.

/Peder ????

Posted on: 08 June 2018 by Peder

????EROS RAMAZZOTTI & TINA TURNER????

???? Cosas De La Vida ????

An amazing version, EROS and TINA cooperated extensively.
Eros said he loved Tina's energy and power, as well.... stood on the same stage as Tina, so you really got to be on top, to not end up in her shadow.

Also good sound to be Youtube.!!

The track was re-recorded by Eros Ramazzotti and Tina Turner in 1997 for the Greatest hits compilation Eros.

This time the song was bilingual with Tina Turner's English lyrics written by Turner herself, then retitled "Cose della vita – Can't Stop Thinking of You".
 The additional English lyrics were by Turner herself and James Ralston. This re-release was accompanied by a music video shot in September 1997, and directed by Nigel Dick.

The Duet version charted better, with a peak in the Netherlands and Germany at number 4.
Ramazzotti later re-recorded a Spanish-language version with Turner's English vocals called "Cosas de la Vida – Can't Stop Thinking of You", and a live version of the Italian-English version featuring Tina Turner was included on his album Live in 1998.

"Cose Della Vita – Can't Stop Thinking of You" has been included on Tina Turner's Greatest hits albums All the Best (2004) and the Platinum Collection (2009).
----------------????????????????????????????????????----------------

Här kommer en YouTube-video till dig! https://www.youtube.com/watch?...oxw0ca9E&sns=sms

/Peder???? 

Posted on: 16 June 2018 by Peder

???????????????????????? The POWER OF MUSIC ????????????????????????      ????USA FOR AFRICA,"We Are The World"????  

You who were in that time (1985), this was amazing.
All then,the world's top artists in the music industry,merged and sang money into Ethiopia.
The power of music is great,when it is used in the right context.

???? Listen to the "We are The World"-video at the bottom of this post.
Of course,Tina is with as Solist ????????, there are 21 soloists and 23 performers in the choir..... = 44 World Artists on stage at the same time.!!

? "We are the World" is a song by 1985, written by Michael Jackson and Lionel Richie...in the beginning also Stevie Wonder.Produced by Quincy Jones, and recorded by the artists at the charity project,...USA for Africa.

The song was released as a single and the money went to famine Ethiopia.
The inspiration came from the British Band Aids Charity Christmas single,.. "Do They Know It's Christmas?" from 1984.
The single sold 800 000 copies already the first week, and 9.5 million copies total 

? USA FOR AFRICA ?
???? We Are The World ???? ….Lyrics below....????????????

There comes a time when we heed a certain call (Lionel Richie)
When the world must come together as one (Lionel Richie & Stevie Wonder)
There are people dying (Stevie Wonder)
Oh, and it's time to lend a hand to life (Paul Simon)
The greatest gift of all (Paul Simon/Kenny Rogers)
We can't go on pretending day by day (Kenny Rogers)
That someone, somehow will soon make a change (James Ingram)
We're all a part of God's great big family (Tina Turner)
And the truth (Billy Joel)
You know love is all we need (Tina Turner/Billy Joel)

We are the world, we are the children
We are the ones who make a brighter day so let's start giving (Michael Jackson)
There's a choice we're making we're saving our own lives (Diana Ross)
It's true we'll make a better day just you and me (Michael Jackson/Diana Ross)
Well, send'em you your heart so they know that someone cares (Dionne Warwick)
And their lives will be stronger and free (Dionne Warwick/Willie Nelson)
As God has shown us by turning stone to bread (Willie Nelson)
And so we all must lend a helping hand (Al Jurreau)
We are the world, we are the children (Bruce Springsteen)
We are the ones who make a brighter day so let's start giving (Kenny Logins)
There's a choice we're making we're saving our own lives (Steve Perry)
It's true we'll make a better day just you and me (Daryl Hall)
When you're down and out there seems no hope at all (Michael Jackson)
But if you just believe there's no way we can fall (Huey Lewis)
Well, well, well, let's realize that a change can only come (Cyndi Lauper)
When we (Kim Carnes)
stand together as one (Kim Carnes/Cyndi Lauper/Huey Lewis)

We are the world, we are the children
We are the ones who make a brighter day so let's start giving (Michael Jackson)
There's a choice we're making we're saving our own lives (Diana Ross)
It's true we'll make a better day just you and me (Michael Jackson/Diana Ross)
? Writer(s): Michael Jackson, Lionel Richie,and also in the beginning…Stevie Wonder.

???? Soloists,in the order they perform.
Lionel Richie
Stevie Wonder
Paul Simon
Kenny Rogers
James Ingram
Tina Turner
Billy Joel
Michael Jackson
Diana Ross
Dionne Warwick
Willie Nelson
Al Jarreau
Bruce Springsteen
Kenny Loggins
Steve Perry
Daryl Hall
Huey Lewis
Cyndi Lauper
Kim Carnes
Bob Dylan
Ray Charles

???? Choir,In alphabetical order.
Dan Aykroyd
Harry Belafonte
Lindsey Buckingham
Mario Cipollina
Johnny Colla
Sheila E.
Bob Geldof
Bill Gibson
Chris Hayes
Sean Hopper
Jackie Jackson
La Toya Jackson
Marlon Jackson
Randy Jackson
Tito Jackson
Waylon Jennings
Bette Midler
John Oates
Jeffrey Osborne
Anita Pointer
June Pointer
Ruth Pointer
Smokey Robinson
------------???????????????????? Video ????????????????????------------

https://www.bing.com/videos/se...1BCE77729BB382BAE262

This is a song, that gives shivers in the soul even today,.. 33 years later.... enjoy.!

/Peder ????

Posted on: 21 June 2018 by Peder

???????? SIMPLY THE BEST,..by TINA TURNER ???????? 

The song became Tina Turner's anthem,and is repeatedly used during several ceremonies and sport events.
Three videos,are last in this post.

?From,…Billboard Magazine, October 26, 1991?
          -------????????????????-----
It’s a long road from Star to Superstar, but Tina Turner has made it look easy.
Tina, with her incredibly Sexy voice and famous Legs.

Four multi-platinum albums, including 1984’s Grammy-winning Record of the Year Private Dancer.
Worldwide record sales over 25 million. Two 1 place singles. And the Nr 1 biggest international tour of 1990.

Now Tina brings you the song..Simply The Best.
The Best is a rock song, written by Holly Knight & Mike Chapman.

From "Let's Stay Together”.
The Grammy winning.."What's Love Got To Do With It",…and "We Don’t Need Another Hero".
To the hits of her Multi-Platinum seller "Foreign Affair”,… this is the evidence that TINA Turner truly deserves the title….”First Lady Of Rock".

Tina Turner is once more the undisputed and most successful artist of EMI.
Several longplayer from the "First Lady Of Rock" were certified the last year.
-------------???????????? The History ????????????----------

The 1991 release of Tina Turner's greatest hits album ”Simply The Best”, crowns the most amazing comeback in music history.
Since the release of the multiple Grammy-winning album ”Private Dancer” in early 1984, the worldwide record sales have topped a staggering 25 million.

?Tina has fulfilled her dream of being the only woman to pack Concert Stadiums countless times.!
She burst into the Guinness Book of Records in 1988….when ?188,000 fans jammed Brazil’s Maracana Soccer Stadium,…the largest paying crowd for a solo artist in history.

In 1990, Tina’s international Foreign Affair World Tour was Europe’s biggest ever,with ?121 Sold-Out Shows, attracting more than Four million fans in 19 countries.
On her way to realizing her dream, Tina has shared stages and recording studios with an extraordinary number of fans and collaborators – including…
?The Rolling Stones.
? David Bowie.
? Rod Stewart
? Paul McCartney.
? Mark Knopfler of Dire Straits.
? Bryan Adams.
? Elton John.
? Joe Cocker.
? Lionel Ritchie.
? Eric Clapton….etc,etc.

Bot the release of the Simply The Best CD and companion home video, is not merely a celebration of the past.
Along with the cream of Tina’s comeback period are three brand new soon-to-be classics — „Love Thing,“ „I Want You Near Me“ and „Way Of The World.“ In addition, top London club producers/mixers C.J. Mackintosh and Dave Dorrell have recorded a fresh version of "Nutbush City Limits,“ an autobiographical hit originally penned by Tina in 1973.
And as an extra special bonus, the legendary Phil Spector has remastered and equalized his ultimate classic,…”River Deep, Mountain High”’.. for inclusion on the album at Tina’s request.

But it has been a long and often difficult road to international triumph for the girl from Brownsville, Tennessee.
Raised in the nearby hamlet of Nut Bush, the young Anna Mae Bullock moved to St. Louis in 1956, which led to the Club Manhattan, where she first set her eyes upon Ike Turner and his Kings of Rhythm.

?The story of Ike and Tina is now legendary.
How Tina stepped in at the last moment to sing lead on…”Fool In Love“ and how in the autumn of 1960, that record rocketed into the Top 40.
How Ike renamed the act The Ike and Tina Turner Revue, moved to Los Angeles and eventually built it into the favorite gut-bucket soul act of the burgeoning hippy audience.
Hoe Tina stepped out on her own for the tirst time to record the fabled…”River Deep, Mountain High“ single with Phil Spector.
Then returned to Ike to cut such subsequent hits as…”I Want To Take You Higher”,…”Proud Mary“ and Tina’s self-penned…Nutbush City Limits“.
How Ike built his own studio, and how, after that, the whole setup began falling apart.
And how, in July, 1976, Tina finally bailed out.

The split left Tina saddled with massive debts.
She sometimes needed food stamps to make ends meet.
She began turning up on TV game shows and then eased her way back into performing, mostly in cabarets, supper clubs, Vegas.
Tina knew she wasn‘t a has-been…..
?In fact,…she hadn‘t even started.?

In 1979, she met a man who shared that belief.. Roger Davies, a young Australian manager who had recently relocated to L.A.
Davies helped Tina strip the glitz from her lounge act, peeling it down to its Rock'n'Roll heart.
He also pointed her in a new musical direction: toward the English new-wave sounds that were then transforming the scene.

The end result of all this refinement was……”Let’s Stay Together”,an electrifying and very electronic rendition of the Al Green classic which went Top 5 in Britain at the end of 1983.
Seizing the moment, Tina and Davies flew to England and, in two hectic weeks, Tina recorded Private Dancer under the helm of such producers as Terry Britten, Rupert Hine, Martyn Ware and Greg Walsh, and Carter.
The album remained in the Top 100 for more than two years, ultimately selling more than 11 million copies worldwide.
It spawned one chart-topping single,…”What’s Love Got To Do With It“ and two other hits (the title track and,…”Better Be Good Too Me”.

At the subsequent Grammy Awards,…”What’s Love Got To Do With It”, was voted ?Record Of The Year, and Tina took home an additional three statuettes.
After a quarter-century of dreams and struggles, Tina had finally reached the Top.?

Sustaining that success was an even greater challenge.
Tina followed up quickly with a co- starring role beside Mel Gibson in,…”Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome”,which produced another chart-topping classic,..”We Don’t Need Another Hero”.

Then came the multi-platinum ”Break Every Rule”-album accompanied by an exhausting 13 month worldwide tour with 228 Conserts.
As well as an autobiography,..."I, Tina”.
In late 1989, Tina released Foreign Affair, another huge seller, which led to 1990’s record-breaking European tour.

???? ”I’m a farm girl and I have worked to get what I want,“ Tina says.
”I wanted to sing, I wanted the star on my door, to be all of what I had seen in the movies when I was young.
I went against the rules, I made the rules for my life…butI never let go of the dream.“ ????

This October 1991 album and its new home video counterpart are extraordinary packages by a truly unique artist.
And as always, Tina Turner's latest works contain nothing but the best.

/Billboard Magazine.
----------------------------------------------------------

???? Simply The Best…….lyrics below ????????????

I call you, when I need you my heart's on fire
You come to me, come to me, wild and wild
You come to me
Give me everything I need

Give me a lifetime of promises and a world of dreams
Speak the language of love like you know what it means
And it can't be wrong, take my heart
And make it strong, baby

You're simply the best
Better than all the rest
Better than anyone
Anyone I ever met

I'm stuck on your heart
I hang on every word you say
Tear us apart
Baby, I would rather be dead

In your heart I see the start of every night and every day
In your eyes, I get lost, I get washed away
Just as long as I'm here in your arms
I could be in no better place

You're simply the best
Better than all the rest
Better than anyone
Anyone I ever met

I'm stuck on your heart
Oh, tear us apart, no, no

Each time you leave me I start losing control
You're walking away with my heart and my soul
I can feel you even when I'm alone
Oh, baby, don't let go

(Instrumental)

Oh, you're the best
Better than all the rest
Better than anyone
Anyone I ever met

I'm stuck on your heart
Oh, tear us apart, no, no

Oh, you're the best
--------------???????????????? Video ????????????????--------------
1.The first video is from Wembley 2000,Tina is here 61 years old.
The audience is completely wild,and Tina goes down on her knees two times and thank the audience after the song.
That you can see only in the concert version, not in this clip.
There were 6 sold-out Wembley concerts during one week in 2000, during the "Twenty Four Seven 24/7.. One Last Time Tour".

? Här kommer en YouTube-video till dig! https://www.youtube.com/watch?...yFHWBUlc&sns=sms

2. This video is from 1990, Tina 51 years, also one, as always Sold Out concert from Barcelona, Spain.
Simpler production, but more nerve in her voice.

? Här kommer en YouTube-video till dig! https://www.youtube.com/watch?...-KJJTSyc&sns=sms

3. This final video with "Simply The Best" is a studio version.
Just added it as a fun thing ????.

? Här kommer en YouTube-video till dig! https://www.youtube.com/watch?...3aIJs88g&sns=sms

/Peder???? 

Posted on: 28 June 2018 by groover45

In a way or another, Tina Turner is a great artist indeed.

Posted on: 29 June 2018 by Peder

???????? TINA; THE MUSICAL ????????

This musical has become a smash success,Tina must,in addition to artist be an incredible "businessman" with fingertip sensitivity.
Everything she has done since her incredible World Comeback 1984 has become a success.

Now they Celebrate,..that 100 performances are played by TINA; THE MUSICAL.... and the success continues.

Below some public testimonials... ????????????

? Saw Our Tina 7/8 times in Melbourne Australia. The only woman on this planet, to shatter grown men and women to tears when she walks of stage. Love to see you again Tina.

? Tina, thank you so much for giving us the chance to share your music and life in the musical in London.
It will be forever in my memories as the best musical I have ever seen.

?Wonderful. I saw her on her tour at age 70. She was gorgeous and still got it in heaps. Fantastic, talented woman, singer and black role model. Saw the musical in London's this year twice brilliant.

TINA THE Musical..... ????????????

https://m.facebook.com/video_r...fid=12&__tn__=FH

/Peder???? 

Posted on: 04 July 2018 by Peder

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? 

?READ THIS: Tina Turner's firstborn son Craig Turner found dead from suicide aged 59.!

It doesn't matter who you are,famous,rich or poor. We all get to partake of life's events,Joy and Sorrow.
My thoughts go to Tina Turner and her family.

/Peder ????

See the newspaper article. ???????????????? 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...are_article-masthead
Skickat från min Windows 10-telefon

Posted on: 08 July 2018 by Peder

????THE DOCUMENTARY about TINA TURNER????
          ? It will be a remarkable story ?

TINA'S FILM SET: Music legend Tina Turner will open up about her son’s suicide in a new documentary
The documentary will also go into Turner's career and abusive relationship with late husband Ike.

MUSIC legend Tina Turner is to open up for the first time about her son’s tragic suicide in a new documentary.
The singer is working on the “ultimate on camera insight” into her astonishing career and heart breaking personal life, including abusive marriage to first-husband Ike.
Producers have agreed with 78-year-old Turner that no subjects will off limits, including her family traumas over the course of her long career.
Tina has not spoken publicly about eldest son Craig’s suicide last week.

He died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound at his Studio City home, in LA, on Tuesday.
A source connected to the production team said: “Tina will address the loss of Craig in the project”.

She starts filming the project in the next few weeks with many hours of on camera interviews lined up.
“Given how Tina is discussing much of the darker moments in her life, this would be impossible to miss out”.

“Before Craig passed, Tina agreed that nothing would be off the table,with revelations too that the public have never heard. It will be a remarkable story.
“It is sure to shock people. In early briefings, some of the discussion points have really been harrowing.
“What Tina has seen and lived through is astonishing, but for the first time the truth about the violence, drugs and family problems will be told in full by her.”

The team behind the project are Dan Lindsay and TJ Martin, who have enjoyed an Oscar win for doc ‘Undefeated’ and an Emmy for ‘LA 92’.
Tina’s husband Erwin Bach will act as the executive producer with Tali Pelman of Stage Entertainment, which launched “Tina Turner the Musical” in London’s West End.
The film will feature Turner herself as well as friends and collaborators.
------------------????????????????????????????????????-------------------

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/...suicide-documentary/

/Peder???? 

Posted on: 16 July 2018 by Peder

????????????The Legendary Song,..PROUD MARY ????????????

????A Lioness Storms the Scene,a fantastic Live      Performance...(See the review below).

An incredible Intro of almost 3 minutes before the song begins,it is also great sound in this video.

This video is from 1982,here begins Tina's real journey to filling World Stadiums for decades.
This continued in 1983,when Tina released the song ?"Let's Stay Together".
To really conquer the World in 1984,with the album,.... ?"Private Dancer".

????Tina says in this video,song....????People Ask Me When I Am Going To Slow Down...
(Tina's answer). I'm Just Getting started..!!!! ????

And after already 25 years on stage so Tina had absolutely right,her incredible World-success came 2 years later..1984.
Then Tina had already 27 years of stage experience,which artists now reach it.

? Some Public Reactions.....
? DAM!!!! This is so Good.
? I saw Tina in South Africa for my 40th birthday with my daughter.My daughter said she will never forget that night.

---???????? A Picture of The Queen ????????---
A real Rock Lady,52 years on stage.!!
https://i.imgur.com/liRBk4V.jpg

------------????????????????---------
? The Acron Beacon Journal
    February 22, 1982

Tina Turner is one of those specimens of snarrling. purring. smoldering sexuality that sort of makes you want to sacrifice a virgin. 
(Peder says,….I love this comment ????).

She doesn’t just walk onto a stage, she storms it like a lioness in heat and proceeds to conduct what amounts to a rock’n roll rhythm 'n' blues jungle fertility rite that lasts about an hour but seems more like 15 minutes.

The woman is a blast furnace of energy and gut-jerking emotion who seems perpetually on the verge of doing something really shocking.

Aside from occasionally flashing a warm, disarming smile that seems out of character in the context of her fiery act, she never really does, however. At least not anything that’s beyond the realm of the scintillating reputation she's built during the past 26 years - the first 20 of which were spent singing with her for-mer husband Ike and his band.

ALTHOUGH Ike has always been given much of the credit for Ms. Turner‘s emergence in the late sixties as one of rock’s most formidable females, it was apparent by her performance Sunday in the Sultan's Caberet at Tangier that, despite the loss of Ike and company, she has still got her act together.

Backed by a superb five-piece band featuring pianist-singer-sometime dancer Kenny Moore, Ms. Turner wailed and whirled and kicked and strutted her way through 12 rock classics that included Get Back, Honky Tonk Women, River Deep - Mountain High, Jumpin' Jack Flash, a show-stopping rendition of Help and, of course, her hallmark, Proud Mary.
Early in the show, she was joined by two goddesses of whoopee in leopard-skin body stockings who gave new and moving meaning to the tune Shake A Tail Feather.

The well-drilled tamdem remained on stage and in a constant and frantic state of agitation throughout most of the show and - along with the star - provided a riveting vista that was almost more than the eye could handle.

MS. TURNER, wearing what resembled a Rod Stewart roostercut wig, opened the show in a beige, fringed jumpsuit but left briefly at about the halfway mark to don a red-sequined camisole and swoop back into the spotlight for a blistering rendition of Jack Flash. The vocals and the costume were both breathtaking.

At 42, Ms. Turner, if possible, seems even more dynamic than during her Ike and Tina Turner Revue years.

Her throaty vocals retain the distinctive — almost desperate — emotional edge that can drive a lyric into the very soul of an audience. And the intensity and enthusiasm of her performance were, for the most part, amazing.

SMOOTH and self-assured, she was at ease with the sellout crowd of more than 350 despite a handful of overly exuberant males apparently bent on mounting a personal conversation with her.

To a certain extent, however, the exuberance is understandable. Tina Turner has that effect on people.

Ms. Turner returns to the Sultans Caberet at 7 and 9 tonight. Both performances are sold out.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Below from "Billboard Magazine" a few years later...
????I would say Michael Jackson is the biggest Mega Star and than Tina Turner, but yes she is absolutely amazing... a QUEEN.!!

????Always giving Her All on Stage,a picture.!!
https://i.imgur.com/kCy1UUz.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------

It's worth watching this 36 year old video,it's just over 9 minutes long.
So on with the headphones,put yourselves right, raise the volume.....look at the picture.

Also remember then,Tina's pianist Kenny Moore who played with her since 1977.
Kenny died during Tina's World Tour in Australia 1996.
-----------???????????????? Video ????????????????-----------

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...pkMDRjYw&sns=sms

Almost 27 million views.

/Peder???? 

Posted on: 21 July 2018 by Peder

?????? A QUESTION ?????? 

Many stars on the same picture,but three pieces I do not recognize.
Is there anyone here who knows what they three unknown is.?
The famous ones are.....

? Tina Turner.
? Sting.
? Tom Jones.
? George Michael.
? Bryan Adams.
? Dustin Hofman.

But who are the other three below.?

----------------???????????????????????? ----------------

Who is this persons on the picture,three are unknown...Help Please.!!

https://i.imgur.com/REYSZXv.jpg

------------------------------------------------

/Peder????