TEOTWAWKI

Posted by: Kevin Richardson on 16 July 2018

Anybody familiar with the tv show "Doomsday Preppers"? I watched a few episodes and used to think the "preppers" were sad people pissing away their lives. Today I think preparing for a disaster is important for survival.

Step 1 - Liquidate all USD securities

Step 2 - Sell your Bitcoins

Step 3 - Max out all available lines of credit to get cash and goods. [Get a home equity loan.]

Step 4 - Formulate a plan to get your family out of USA and to live indefinitely in a friendly country.

Step 5 - Procure all survival provisions.

Essential provisions for survival:

1. Gold in segregated storage outside USA (Canada and Australia) [London is another option]

2. Family members * ( $25,000 cash + 20 oz physical gold). [Might need more cash if you anticipate chartering a jet to escape]

3. Swiss Bank account with all remaining cash in CHF

4. Valid passports 

5. 6 months non perishable food supply 

6. As much bottled water as you can store in your home.

7. 6 months of all necessary medications

8.  AR-15 for each family member + 1

9.  Handgun for each family member + 1

10. As much ammunition as you can get

11. Materials required to fortify your home if you don't get out in time.

12. Fuel 

13. Solar powered battery chargers.

14. Alcohol, honey, tobacco, and Marijuana(if legal in your jurisdiction) for bartering.

15. As many Rolex watches as you can reasonably afford. [For bribes]

Once you have everything in place wait until you see the obvious warning that the plan from step 4 needs implementation then implement the escape plan ASAP.

Am I missing anything?

Posted on: 20 July 2018 by Don Atkinson

Crickey, when this thread first started, I assumed it was meant to be light-hearted and my first three responses were in that vein.

Now, i'm not entirely sure what the OP really intended. Was it meant to be a light-hearted escape so as to enjoy a bit of "fun-time", or....

....was it a serious cry for help, eiher to prepare for an apocalypse or to escape a depression ?

I don't want to end up being flippant and insensitive on the one hand, nor unnecessarily assertive on the other.