What new releases are you looking forward to?

Posted by: Voltaire on 02 May 2009

I am sure this thread has been started before but...What new releases are you looking forward too?

I'll start the ball rolling...

Posted on: 27 September 2009 by Lontano
quote:
Originally posted by Emil F.:

Sounds interesting! Does ECM still record digitally?

Emil - I am pretty certain they do. Their recordings sound absolutely fabulous though.
Posted on: 27 September 2009 by Emil F
quote:
Originally posted by Lontano:
quote:

Sounds interesting! Does ECM still record digitally?

Emil - I am pretty certain they do. Their recordings sound absolutely fabulous though.
Thank you Lontano, but I wouldn't put digital and fabulous in one sentence. I prefer the pre-digital era of ECM.
Posted on: 27 September 2009 by fred simon
quote:

I wouldn't put digital and fabulous in one sentence.

I've heard my own album, Since Forever, recorded in 24bit/96kHz on a Nagra digital by Ken Christianson for this here audiophile label, Naim, played back in its original 24/96 format on Ken's amazing Naim system, and not only would I wholeheartedly put "digital" and "fabulous" in one sentence, I'd also add "sublime," phenomenal," and "mind blowing" to that sentence.

Further, I'd bet that if anyone else heard what I heard, they would agree on at least the sound quality, if not the music. (insert emoticon here)

All best,
Fred

Posted on: 28 September 2009 by Emil F
A digital recording by naim! Sorry Fred, I stopped buying CDs a couple of years ago. I didn't miss a naim LP. I'll certainly make the comparison with the new album.

Regards,

Emil
Posted on: 29 September 2009 by fred simon

Emil, you might consider further lobbying on the Who wants Fred Simon 'Since Forever' on vinyl? thread ... then you can get the LP and the CD and make a more direct comparison. And help to stimulate the global economy, too, of course.

All the best,
Fred

Posted on: 30 September 2009 by Emil F
Fred, I like your sense of humor. A digital recording! You lost me here.
Posted on: 30 September 2009 by BigH47
There won't be many/any analogue modern vinyl recordings these days.
Posted on: 30 September 2009 by fred simon
quote:

A digital recording! You lost me here.

How so?

Fred

Posted on: 01 October 2009 by Lontano
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Bull:
quote:
Originally posted by Lontano:

Me too, though before buying, follow the thread on Steve Hoffman forum about possible sound quality concerns.

The boxset has got a 2 star review in Uncut this month due to sound quality. Mojo gave it 4 stars and said it sounded great so who knows!
Posted on: 01 October 2009 by Lontano
Posted on: 03 October 2009 by Voltaire

Richard Bona - Ten shades of Blue, Flaming Lips - embryonic, Air - Love 2
Posted on: 07 October 2009 by Guido Fawkes
Heart of My Own by the brightest new singer songwriter ever to wear a floppy hat.
Certainly promises to be good from the snippets I've heard.
Posted on: 07 October 2009 by Andy1912
The great man following Hendrix at the Isle of Wight in 1970: vinyl release imminent

Posted on: 07 October 2009 by ewemon
Get Yer Ya Ya's Out 40th Anniversary set.
Posted on: 08 October 2009 by bhaagensen
quote:
Originally posted by fred simon:

Very eager to hear these:

Keith Jarrett - Paris/London: Testament

For those of you that are early adaptors of streaming, or otherwise have the equipment, I can inform you that hdtracks.com now has this one for download in 24/96 at a very reasonable price...

Btw. I'm fetching as I speak.
Posted on: 08 October 2009 by DenisA

Do What You Want, Be What You Are:The Music of Daryl Hall & John Oates [BOX SET]

Product Description
They are the most successful pop music duo of all time. Daryl Hall and John Oates have long since surpassed Simon and Garfunkel and the Everly Brothers in the annals of pop pairings, having scored no less than 22 Billboard Top 20 singles, including six number ones, six platinum albums (sales of more than one million copies) plus another six gold LPs (sales of more than 500,000 units). Spanning the years 1966-2009, DO WHAT YOU WANT, BE WHAT YOU ARE: THE MUSIC OF DARYL HALL & JOHN OATES, the definitive Hall & Oates anthology, collects 74 sublime tracks, culled from seven different labels on its four discs. The set showcases 16 previously unreleased cuts including a host of wonderful live performances, as well as never before heard studio tracks and remixes. This set is enhanced with an eloquent introductory essay penned by pop critic Roy Trakin, plus invaluable track-by-track annotation and commentary regarding each track by Daryl Hall and John Oates, drawn from extensive interviews by Ken Sharp.
Posted on: 08 October 2009 by Mat Cork
Kings of Convenience new album after a few years break...they've not done a duff track so far imo.
Posted on: 11 October 2009 by Voltaire
quote:
Originally posted by Andy1912:
The great man following Hendrix at the Isle of Wight in 1970: vinyl release imminent

I'll second this one
Posted on: 11 October 2009 by Voltaire
Posted on: 23 October 2009 by Voltaire
Posted on: 23 October 2009 by markah

Jan 11, 2010 (in Europe, Jan 12 in North America).
Posted on: 23 October 2009 by Paper Plane
quote:
Originally posted by markah:

Jan 11, 2010 (in Europe, Jan 12 in North America).

Just in time for her UK tour.

steve
Posted on: 23 October 2009 by u5227470736789524
Looking forward to both Brett's and Laura's new music. Currently, two of my favorite artists.

Jeff A

note - "Two Beer Veirs", an ep previously available only at shows, is now available as an mp3 at amazon.
Posted on: 23 October 2009 by winkyincanada
quote:
A digital recording by naim! Sorry Fred, I stopped buying CDs a couple of years ago. I didn't miss a naim LP. I'll certainly make the comparison with the new album.

Regards,

Emil

So much great music you've perhaps missed. Is it digital recording generally or CDs themselves that you are boycotting? Do you listen to digital recordings on vinyl?

winky
Posted on: 24 October 2009 by Voltaire