System Pics 2019

Posted by: hungryhalibut on 20 December 2018

Welcome to System Pics 2019.

To start things off, here is a picture of my setup. The only thing that has changed since last year is the addition of a maple Fraim to match the speakers. 

Posted on: 22 December 2018 by Bob the Builder
Geoff C posted:
Loki posted:
hungryhalibut posted:

Welcome to System Pics 2019.

To start things off, here is a picture of my setup. The only thing that has changed since last year is the addition of a maple Fraim to match the speakers. 

Forgive me HH, but even from here in the 9 realms your post seems a little previous? What's the rush to obliviate 2018? Oh sorry, that's HP, not that I'm doubting your sauce.

HH Started last years on the 17th December, and this one on the 20th December, I haven't checked any other start dates. So in a few years time it might get closer to the actual correct date! That is if his fear of someone else beating him to it doesn't relax! Having said that his advice on the forum can be invaluable and well considered so his eagerness deserves respect if it really is that important to him! 

Perhaps they should have been titled System Pics Almost 2017 or System Pics Very Nearly 2018 or even System Pics On The Very Cusp of 2019.  Yes he does deserve a little indulgence in that respect he has shepherded many on this forum and given much good advice to those in need of it and no doubt as one who can be a little jagged himself at times he will appreciate a little vinegary humour at this time of year. 

Posted on: 23 December 2018 by Geoff C

Hi Bob, without requoting you...

I like your suggestions for titles! Yes he definitely deserves his indulgence, though his 'this is the 9th year...' reminded me of a Martin from 'Ever Decreasing Circles' type character which would make me 'Paul'!

Seasons Greetings! 

Posted on: 23 December 2018 by hungryhalibut

It’s started about this time for years, including when Mike did it before me. Also consistent is that somebody will raise the issue that it’s a bit premature. And what I always say to that is stop moaning and post some pictures of your own stuff!

Posted on: 23 December 2018 by Bob the Builder

Well done and well said.

Posted on: 23 December 2018 by HiFiman

It's good to see peace between Bob and Nigel especially this time of the year.

Some more pictures please.

Posted on: 23 December 2018 by Bartman

Untitled

Change of house has allowed me a dedicated music room, so I have been able to distribute to 3 stacks:

LP12, Whest RDT SE and Radikal

Brain - 252, Headline, NDS and 300

Brawn - SCDR, 555DR, HCDR, 300PS DR with an NS01 server at the bottom

Always a compromise but sounds good and is getting better - surprisingly the streamer likes the new setup more than the LP12.

Headphones (not shown) remain a pair of Sennheiser HD800. 

Posted on: 23 December 2018 by Dougie Danger

Merry Christmas to me.  So pleased with it that I've posted three photos. 

Posted on: 23 December 2018 by nigelb

Sorry, no pics from me (yet), just a thank you to HH for his tireless and invaluable contributions to the forum over the many years he has been active on here. He has helped so many, and I appreciate him continuing this particular thread.

Enough words from me, and I promise to post a photo after I have moved house.

Posted on: 23 December 2018 by Innocent Bystander
AndyP19 posted:
hungryhalibut posted:
M@rtin posted:

How can one add pics to logs?

Have a look in the FAQ.

Sorry to labour this, but I think I am one of many who struggle to post a pic (even following advice on FAQ) - I've just worked out how to do it from a website image, say an album cover, but sometimes that requires using different web addresses to get the image.

So, I snap my 2019 system pic, go in Flickr find the pic, set privacy to public (or keep it at private doesn't seem to change things), go to bendy arrow at the bottom of the screen, copy URL, then paste this into the mountain icon under source in the post and nothing other a tiny little blue square appearing in the top left-hand corner which will not expand. Tried other ways but always the same outcome.

There must be other posters using Flickr and the Flickr URL who are going to say ah you just need to click this or that and.........

It seems it does not work in exactly the same way fir everyone, presumably dependent on the device used and/or the remote source being linked. There have been a couple of recent threads on this which detail some of the slightly different solutions that seem to fit different scenarios.

https://forums.naimaudio.com/t...ctures-from-an-ipad?

https://forums.naimaudio.com/t...-pictures-in-a-post?

Posted on: 23 December 2018 by Gazza
nigelb posted:

Sorry, no pics from me (yet), just a thank you to HH for his tireless and invaluable contributions to the forum over the many years he has been active on here. He has helped so many, and I appreciate him continuing this particular thread.

Enough words from me, and I promise to post a photo after I have moved house.

We want the Fez in the picture and a Tommy Cooper portrait over the fireplace????

Posted on: 23 December 2018 by Loki
hungryhalibut posted:

It’s started about this time for years, including when Mike did it before me. Also consistent is that somebody will raise the issue that it’s a bit premature. And what I always say to that is stop moaning and post some pictures of your own stuff!

Where's Myrtle?

Posted on: 23 December 2018 by bazz

Just the desktop setup this year. Topping VX2 DAC/Amp fed by USB from a Windows PC, Kralk Audio BC 30 speakers and a QNAP NAS which feeds just about everything in the house.

Posted on: 23 December 2018 by elkman70

CDS3/555DR, 552DR, 300DR, kudos 707, SL throughout

Posted on: 23 December 2018 by MDS
elkman70 posted:

CDS3/555DR, 552DR, 300DR, kudos 707, SL throughout

Oh, I really like the look of that system, Elkman.  Super.

Posted on: 23 December 2018 by elkman70

This is what it looked like back in 2011. CD5x/ flat cap/ 202/ 200 and monitor audio gS10s. Quite a change over 8 years

Posted on: 23 December 2018 by CraigR

Hello, after spending a year or so looking at posts on this forum, I thought I should join and post. It was almost a year ago I bought my first Naim equipment- nac202, nap200 and PCM twenty5.23. I have added napsc and HiCap dr recently. My sources are sonos for streaming and a Rega PR3. I currently have on loan a nd5 xs2 over the holiday period to demo.

Happy Christmas, Craig. 

3P5A5882

3P5A5879

Posted on: 23 December 2018 by wilro15

I'm a long time stalker, rare poster in these parts.  Here is my system:

• NAC-N 272
  • NAP 250.2 (DR upgrade in January!)
  • 3rd party power supply
  • Kudos Super 10 with Partington Broadside stands
  • Michell Tecnodec / Michell Tecnoarm / Denon DL103R cartridge
  • Rega Aria phono stage
Posted on: 23 December 2018 by HamiltonNZ

At last with the help of my wonderful wife I’ve managed to post some pictures.

CD5XS & NDAC swapped out this year for NDX2 & Core. I’m really enjoying streaming.

Merry Christmas from down under.

Cheers

Posted on: 23 December 2018 by TK421

Hamiltonnz - very nice system and thanks for prompting me to now play Defying Gravity from Wicked. LOL.

Posted on: 23 December 2018 by HiFiman
TK421 posted:

Hamiltonnz - very nice system and thanks for prompting me to now play Defying Gravity from Wicked. LOL.

It's a down under shot everything is upside down there

Posted on: 23 December 2018 by bazz

And here's the non-desk stuff. A mixed bag, as per profile, but it works and keeps me smiling.

Posted on: 23 December 2018 by Bob the Builder

IMG_3255IMG_3253

The Hicap on top is going after Christmas so going to give a final test against the Supercap, it's a very special HC imo an early Olive one with the Holden and Fisher transformer and the big red caps.

IMG_3133

Posted on: 24 December 2018 by Clive B
bazz posted:

And here's the non-desk stuff. A mixed bag, as per profile, but it works and keeps me smiling.

Any system pic with SBLs gets a like from me. Very nice.

Posted on: 24 December 2018 by Massimo Bertola
Robert Burgess posted:

I must confess, I was a bit skeptical about the improvement it would bring to my 272/250DR based system, but WOW – a big surprise and the best upgrade ever, thanks to guidance of members on this forum!!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all – Bob Burgess

And the fact, perhaps, that the PSU has a retail just under the other two other boxes's together...? 

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you,

Max Bertola 

Posted on: 24 December 2018 by Massimo Bertola
GraemeH posted:

Untitled

Merry Christmas all!

G

With all those beautiful shades of Gray (socks included) too bad, from my humble point of view, that the speakers are pure 21st century white....  But Merry Christmas to you!. I just wanted to remind everyone the the King PITA is still me, here.