what was the last cd you bought?

Posted by: AL4N on 13 March 2004

after a suggestion,i have split up the old topic into this one and what was your last vinyl purchase.I hope it makes life easier.
so to get things off and running
queen--the highlander sound track
Posted on: 19 December 2018 by Stevee_S

A nice 50 track, double CD collection from Decca records.

For under £4 from the bay, delivered. 

Posted on: 19 December 2018 by naim_nymph

Deluxe 6-CD set

• Numbered limited edition • 105 rare popsike tracks 

• Full-colour booklet with details group biographies • Sleevenotes by Nick Saloman

Volume 1 1. Clover - Ice Cream Man 2. Los Brincos - Nobody Wants You Now 3. Rhubarb Rhubarb – Moneylender 4. Peter Cook & Dudley Moore - Bedazzled 5. Lomax All-Stars - Honey Machine 6. Stars - Auntie Annie's Place 7. Head West - Someday 8. Waterloo - Why May I Not Know? 9. Johnny Burton - Polevault Man 10. Tandem - Shapes & Shadows 11. The Penny Peeps - I See The Morning 12. Jon Plum - Alice 13. Nick Garrie - Wheel Of Fortune 14. Dry Ice - Running To The Convent 15. Arzachel - Garden Of Earthly Delights 16. Vashti Bunyan - I'd Like To Walk Around In Your Mind 17. Mystery Track #1

Volume 2 1. Alex Harvey - Dance Of The Green Scarab 2. The Fruit Machine - Follow Me 3. Orange Peel - I Got No Time 4. The Smoke - Dreams Of Dreams 5. Nimrod - The Bird 6. The Fingers - Circus With A Female Clown 7. Blonde On Blonde - Castles In The Sky 8. The Wire Machine - The Doves 9. The Eggy - You're Still Mine 10. Blonde On Blonde – Circles 11. Fruit Machine – I’m Alone Today 12. The Green Scarab – Asariah’s Dance 13. Cirkus – Amsterdam 14. Tamara Koran and Perception – Veils Of Mourning Lace 15. Rhubarb Rhubarb – Rainmaker 16. The Wire Machine – Mind Fascination 17. Mystery Track #2

Volume 3 1. Hat & Tie - Finding It Rough 2. The Actress - Good Job With Prospects 3. Shy Limbs - Reputation 4. The Churchills - Too Much In Love To Hear 5. The Lovin' - Do It Again 6. The Summer Set - It's A Dream 7. Thane Russal - Drop Everything And Run 8. The Mirage - Tomorrow Never Knows 9. Shy Limbs - Love 10. Earth - Resurrection City 11. Druid Chase - Take Me In Your Garden 12. The Mirage - And Life Goes On 13. The Marianne - You Had Better Change Your Evil Ways 14. The Fenmen - Rejected 15. The Living Daylights - Jane 16. The Mirage - My Door 17. The Medium - Edward Never Lies 18. Mystery Track #3

Volume 4 1. Cat’s Pyjamas - Virginia Water 2. Jerusalem - Kamakazi Moth 3. Kate - Shout It 4. Opus - Baby, Come On 5. Andromeda - Go Your Way 6. Bent Frame - Fairylights 7. The Answers - Tawney Wood 8. Juan & Junior - To Girls 9. Cardboard Orchestra - Yes I Heard A Little Bird 10. Broken Toys - Broken Toys 11. Shubert - Until The Rains Come 12. Temple Row - King & Queen 13. Jon Isherwood - Apple Pie 14. Peter & The Wolves - Little Girl Lost And Found 15. Peter Janes - Go Home Ulla 16. The Cortinas - Phoebe's Flower Shop 17. Tuesday’s Children – She 18. Mystery Track #4

Volume 5 1. Tomorrow’s Thoughts - Night Is Like Day 2. Rainbows – Rainbows 3. The Worrying Kynde - Sand & Water 4. Clover – Ice Cream Man (psychedelic version) 5. The Secrets - I Think I Need The Cash 6. Threshold Of Pleasure - Rain, Rain, Rain 7. Peter & The Wolves - Lantern Light 8. David Copperfield Style - I've Been Wrong, I've Been Right 9. Jason Crest - Juliano The Bull 10. Blue Yoghurt - Lydia 11. Clover – Dream Dream Dream 12. The Sweetshop - Barefoot & Tiptoe 13. Dave Justin - You Outside 14. Cecil McCartney - Liquid Blue 15. Pattern People - Take A Walk In The Sun 16. Juice - The Elastic Band 17. Mystery Track #5

Volume 6 1. The Scots Of St. James - Eiderdown Clown 2. Together - Memories Of Melinda 3. Price & Sheridan - Tracy Smith 4. The Cymbaline - Fire 5. Timothy Grass Second Glance 6. Queen Flora’s Recollections - Red Brick House 7. Motivation - Little Man 8. Leze Majesty - Regency Gardens 9. Sparrow - Dream Song 10. Kate – Don’t Make A Sound 11. The Idle Hands - Remember 12. Green Pavane - The Nymphs Of Untwalumi Wood 13. The Amelia Smile - Father Good's Space Flight 14. The Factory - Red Chalk Hill 15. The Essence - Call Me A Friend 16. Peter & The Wolves - Smokey Wood 17. The Majamood - 200 Million Red Ants 18. Mystery Track #6

<>

Looking forward to this but have no idea what it's like yet

and it may not arrive here until next month

Debs

Posted on: 19 December 2018 by Jeroen20

Posted on: 20 December 2018 by Bert Schurink

Posted on: 21 December 2018 by Jeroen20

Posted on: 21 December 2018 by ted_p

Jackson Brown

For Everyman

The Pretender

The Very Best Of Jackson Browne

Finally got around to buying some of the albums recommend by Stevee_S and Ewemon.

Edward

Posted on: 21 December 2018 by Skip

You don't see many of these.   But it is Christmas for the CD555, too, after all.   And this is a great 2 CD live set which rocks on a Naim system.   Van Morrison plays with what I believe is the house band for Austin City Limits.   Check it out on YouTube to be sure you like the country & western flavor.  

I like it a lot but my wife is still processing.   #sticker-shock

Posted on: 23 December 2018 by Jeroen20

Posted on: 27 December 2018 by ted_p

Simple Minds

ONCE UPON A TIME [DELUXE Box Set]

Edward

Posted on: 28 December 2018 by Clive B

It's been mentioned on here a few times, always with favourable comments, so I thought I'd take a punt to see what it's all about. 

Posted on: 29 December 2018 by Kevin-W

Posted on: 29 December 2018 by musicfan51
Kevin-W posted:

What a wild and cool album cover ! Perfect for the subject of the CD. 

Posted on: 29 December 2018 by kuma

Looking to hear Say's Liszt B Minor sonata. ( I reckon it'll be wild ) and more Trifonov's rendition. I'd reckon will be a sharp contrast in style but will see...