Nice Photos.

Posted by: u5227470736789439 on 27 February 2008

Most of us have taken one or two nice photos.

Here is my candidate as being almost quite good. In fact it is two painstakingly joined.

Taken up in the mountain at Skurdalsvatn in 2000.

Though this one takien in Warsaw in November 2006 is not bad:

I know there are several good photgraphers here, and it would be nice to see some of you best efforts if you feel inclined to share!

George
Posted on: 21 December 2018 by rsch
pete T15 posted:

Argegno on Lake Como . Motorcycle trip last year. 

This is pretty familiar to me. If you come around next time, i suggest you a stop at Pasticceria Grandi for a tea or coffe  with their delicious cakes. It's  on the right of your motorcycle and eventually at Villa Belvedere just a few yards at your left. A very nice charming hotel dipping its toes in the lake. They have lots of clients from England and Australia

Regards

Roberto

Posted on: 21 December 2018 by Christopher_M
GraemeH posted:

MktSt

Edinburgh Night

G

I get a flavour of Rebus there.

C.

Posted on: 23 December 2018 by Mr Fjeld

Waiting for the summer

EmptyName 134

Posted on: 23 December 2018 by JamieWednesday

Goose Eye View

Goose Eye View

Posted on: 23 December 2018 by Don Atkinson

DSC_1326

Bergen, Last June

Oopps ! Stavanger.

Posted on: 23 December 2018 by Mr Fjeld
Don Atkinson posted:

Oopps ! Stavanger.

Yes, but still beautiful Don! I absolutely love Stavanger and the surrounding area. My wife and I used to go there annualy.

Masts

Still in Stavager. It is picturesque. We also visited Flam, Olden and Bergen.

DSC_1489

No doubt recognisable to some ?

Posted on: 24 December 2018 by Mr Fjeld
Don Atkinson posted:

DSC_1489

No doubt recognisable to some ?

I present you the opposite view from my offices (I work in one of the seafront buildings)

IMG_8602

This is from the pier close to the fish market

EmptyName 27

Posted on: 24 December 2018 by Don Atkinson

Bergan from Floyden

Those are VERY nice photos Mr Fjeld.

Mine are just holiday snaps (a bit like George's when he started this thread - well, that's my excuse !)

You could probably see me taking this one, when you took yours looking toward the funicular railway.

We usually walk over the mountain to the "gallery". This year there was a "Mountain Marathon" in preparation.

Posted on: 24 December 2018 by Mr Fjeld
Don Atkinson posted:

Bergan from Floyden

Those are VERY nice photos Mr Fjeld.

Mine are just holiday snaps (a bit like George's when he started this thread - well, that's my excuse !)

You could probably see me taking this one, when you took yours looking toward the funicular railway.

We usually walk over the mountain to the "gallery". This year there was a "Mountain Marathon" in preparation.

Your photos are great Don! Lovely perspective and veiw towards the historic "Tyskebryggen"/the Hanseatic area, King Haakon's Hall and Rosenkrantz fortified tower, our beloved sail ship Statsraad Lehmkuhl and the Nordnes peninsula.

I was brought up in another part of the country, and moved here to study. And somehow I never left I suppose I even like the rain...

Posted on: 24 December 2018 by rodwsmith

La Cascade de Courmes

Posted on: 24 December 2018 by JamieWednesday

Mist on The Mere

Posted on: 25 December 2018 by Haim Ronen

The bend

The bend

Posted on: 26 December 2018 by rodwsmith

Christmas day walk in Nice yesterday

Posted on: 27 December 2018 by GraemeH

HD

Electra-glide.

G

Posted on: 30 December 2018 by JamieWednesday

Dark and gloomy day and she was doing her best to stay hidden but I managed to catch a little pose within the undergrowth...

A shot in the dark

Posted on: 30 December 2018 by Eoink

Wonderful shot Jamie!

Posted on: 30 December 2018 by Gazza

Really lovely shot

Posted on: 30 December 2018 by JamieWednesday

Thank you both

Posted on: 30 December 2018 by Haim Ronen

For Tom: The Neighbors

DSC_5710_edited-1

First thing I would usually do with such a moody, bokeh saturated image is send it to my good friend Tom who is an avid photographer to discuss matters such as perspective, choice of focal point and color balance. I would also take that opportunity to talk to Tom who years ago was the sale representative of Pioneer and is very knowledgable about Hi Fi and music. So much common ground between us and add to it our off the wall sense of humor, no wonder we leave the line of communication between Texas and Illinois constantly open.

The bad news hit us four days ago when Tom suffered a severe seizure which damaged his brain. He is lying in the hospital in a coma, condition still not fully determined. His dear wife is at his bed side, friends and family are calling and I cannot lift the camera without thinking of him..

Posted on: 31 December 2018 by GraemeH

A moving story Haim. I hope your friend makes a full recovery.

Graeme

Posted on: 31 December 2018 by JamieWednesday

Best wishes for Tom.

Posted on: 01 January 2019 by Kevin-W

New friend:

New Friend