What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested? (Vol. XV)

Posted by: Richard Dane on 31 December 2018

On the eve of a new year, it's time for a new thread. 

Last year's thread can be found here:

https://forums.naimaudio.com/t...e-interested-vol-xiv

Posted on: 14 January 2019 by DenisA
ewemon posted:

This will be my last posting on the forum as I am going to take a break.

I may register for the new one and look in once in awhile.

Been thinking about it for awhile and the moving over to the new forum has just given me the opportunity to call it quits for now.

There are other reasons, which I have posted in another thread which I won't go into here.

I would like to thank JeffA for his kind words and friendship (love to H), Tony, Dave, Bert and if I have forgotten anyone then please accept my apologies

Hope to see you on the other side Ewen. Musical stories are worth sharing, so I'm sure after your break our horizons will be expanded again on your return.

ATB

Denis

Posted on: 14 January 2019 by MDS
ewemon posted:

Been thinking about it for awhile and the moving over to the new forum has just given me the opportunity to call it quits for now.

There are other reasons, which I have posted in another thread which I won't go into here.

I would like to thank JeffA for his kind words and friendship (love to H), Tony, Dave, Bert and if I have forgotten anyone then please accept my apologies

Sorry to hear that, ewemon.  I hope you change your mind at some point but in any event I'd like to thank you: I've discovered many new artists and albums because of you for which I shall always be grateful.

Mike 

Posted on: 14 January 2019 by Chico
Clive B posted:

Sonny Rollins - Saxophone Colossus

I'm continuing with my studies of Sonny Rollins for this evening. I find his playing very listenable. Yet he'll still take the listener off in directions which aren't always predictable, and that's just as I like it. 

Clive, you've probably heard it already.. but "Slik 'n satin" from the album "Moving out" might be one of the most

beautifull pieces of music ever recorded.

Posted on: 14 January 2019 by Christopher_M

Kate Bush - Never For Ever

I've seen the love here. Never really got her at the time if I'm honest. But this evening I have dug out a few old records. Pretty bloody amazing. They seem so inventive. And then she went....

Posted on: 14 January 2019 by dknk
ewemon posted:

Say it isn't so. As a new member for the past 6 months you have given me/us so many music suggestions for a multitude artists. Please reconsider. 

Graham Parker and The Rumour - Squeezing out Sparks

A bit of a change of tone from the Kate Bush, above. But still with hair standing up on the back of the neck moments.

How I wanted a T-shirt like that with the offset stripes!

Posted on: 14 January 2019 by Quad 33

Nancy Wilson torch singer whose polished pop-jazz vocals made her a platinum artist and top concert performer. Died 13 December 2018. She was notable for her single " How Glad I Am" and her version of the standard "Guess Who I Saw Today". 

Posted on: 14 January 2019 by MDS

I've selected a Dire Straits album as my last listen and post in this thread before the big switch-over.  Hope to see as many of you as possible in the new music thread which awaits us.  

Posted on: 14 January 2019 by hungryhalibut

And here is the last recommendation from me. Brilliant modern, inventive, cool jazz from a superb band. 

Posted on: 14 January 2019 by TOBYJUG

The Anders Hjelmstad Experience.   Mystic brew.

May the good vibes continue.

Franz Ferdinand - Right Thoughts Right Words Right Action

Vinyl. Awesome. The Archdukes of power-pop.

Posted on: 14 January 2019 by Chief Chirpa.

Posted on: 14 January 2019 by james n

My last post to the present forum Music Room. 41 minutes of sheer musical bliss. 

Talk Talk - Spirit of Eden

Posted on: 14 January 2019 by ALANP
ewemon posted:

Respect your decision Ewemon, just like to echo most people's thoughts and thanks for the recommendations over the years

Posted on: 14 January 2019 by Gazza
ALANP posted:
ewemon posted:

Respect your decision Ewemon, just like to echo most people's thoughts and thanks for the recommendations over the years

Ewemon, thankyou for the music, best part of the forum. Hope to hear you soon. Gazza

Posted on: 14 January 2019 by CariocaJeff

Norah Jones ‘come away with me’ on 200g vinyl from the vinyl collection. Got the phono stage to match my amps here on demo at moment. Never heard the turntable sound better, and Norah sounds amazing. Was good before but the phono stage has taken to a new level.

http://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/2032943/81837509.jpg

Posted on: 14 January 2019 by ewemon

This is definitely the last and it is my parting gift to all.

Brilliant French Bayou Blues

https://pics.me.me/by-request-the-snurds-all-your-favorite-gospel-quartet-songs-31095151.png

https://gorightly.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/269324_10152482919025332_1700506789_n.jpg

The Vulgar Boatmen - Please Panic

Thanks for your choices Ewemon.

C.

http://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/2265415/84907011.jpg

Posted on: 14 January 2019 by Tony2011

1976 - Vinyl - First US pressing...

It's been a pleasure being part of this forum and thanks for the enlightenment and enrichment.

Love you all!

Signing off!

Posted on: 14 January 2019 by lutyens
ewemon posted:

Ewemon, that is a shame but I can understand. Walk good my friend as your contributions will be missed here.

james

Posted on: 14 January 2019 by naim_nymph

See you on the other side everyone! : )

Debs