What is the latest music you downloaded, what resolution and from where?

Posted by: Stevee_S on 13 January 2014

With more music being downloaded I thought it might be interesting to see what forum members are buying and from where. 

The news that HD Tracks are soon to open an online UK store means that more choice is going to be available to us. The variety and quality of downloadable music we can choose from is expanding, MP3 to 24bit studio Masters at 192kHz and beyond.

So what are you buying and downloading?

Posted on: 14 November 2014 by Bert Schurink

16/44 Qobuz

16/44 Qobuz

16/44 Qobuz

16/44 Qobuz

16/44 Qobuz

16/44 Qobuz

16/44 Qobuz

16/44 Qobuz

Posted on: 15 November 2014 by Bert Schurink

24/96 Qobuz

24/44 Qobuz

24/96 Qobuz

16/44 Qobuz

16/44 Qobuz

24/96 Qobuz

24/96 Qobuz

Posted on: 15 November 2014 by JamieWednesday

I have to say Qobuz does give a more eclectic range of suggestions than Spotify...

Posted on: 15 November 2014 by David O'Higgins

Bert, where will you get the time to listen to all this?

Originally Posted by David O'Higgins:

Bert, where will you get the time to listen to all this?

Hi David,

I have understand your comment. I haven't downloaded some music for some time - so in that sense it's possible. But at the same time I have far over 4000 albums so too much. I tend to concentrate on new buys in the period after buying and then see what stays more frequently on the list. While I am divorced I do have some time to listen to music :-(

Posted on: 15 November 2014 by Mike-B

I think your enthusiasm for music & Spotify is admirable Bert,  but maybe posting a new album picture every two minutes looks like you are not listening that seriously.  

Originally Posted by Mike-B:

I think your enthusiasm for music & Spotify is admirable Bert,  but maybe posting a new album picture every two minutes looks like you are not listening that seriously.  

I do normally fully listen to the albums I publish that I listening to. What might confuse is the publishing of my new bought albums which I published during the downloading process. But I would regard myself as a real serious listener.

Posted on: 15 November 2014 by Jeff Anderson
Originally Posted by Bert Schurink:

I do normally fully listen to the albums I publish that I listening to. What might confuse is the publishing of my new bought albums which I published during the downloading process. But I would regard myself as a real serious listener.

Bert

I have observed from your posts of purchases and listenings that you are a serious listener with quite eclectic taste.

There are some people on this forum who troll around from time to time on threads they never or very rarely contribute to and take shots at contributors.  They are unwilling apparently to use postings like yours as possible suggestions for things they could explore or actually attempt to connect with and offer their own assessments from experience.

Instead, they repeatedly suggest contributors are somehow not following  some arbitrary "thread guidelines" and therefore should cease or adjust what they are doing.

Ignore them. There is no need to "defend" yourself.  Enjoy your music and thank you for your postings.

Jeff A

Originally Posted by Jeff Anderson:
Originally Posted by Bert Schurink:

Bert

I have observed from your posts of purchases and listenings that you are a serious listener with quite eclectic taste.

There are some people on this forum who troll around from time to time on threads they never or very rarely contribute to and take shots at contributors.  They are unwilling apparently to use postings like yours as possible suggestions for things they could explore or actually attempt to connect with and offer their own assessments from experience.

Instead, they repeatedly suggest contributors are somehow not following  some arbitrary "thread guidelines" and therefore should cease or adjust what they are doing.

Ignore them. There is no need to "defend" yourself.  Enjoy your music and thank you for your postings.

Jeff A

Jeff,

Thanks for the encouraging words. I do indeed post to ensure that we exchange with each other in the forum and get clues for other music. I have also quite often been pointed to something new which I liked. I am even going to publish more - as I just bought some other music....... From a listening part I assume that I will even get more access to the music as I ordered a Muso and intending to buy a mobile high res player....

Bert

24/96 High Res Audio

teaser

24/88.2 High Res Audio - only 10 euros

teaser

24/88.2 High Res Audio

teaser