? TINA TURNER,...an Icon as a Live Performare,and Artist..?

Posted by: Peder on 25 April 2018

???? TINA TURNER,...what can I say. 6 month ago a friend send me a clip from YouTube. I have some of her records on vinyl,have listen to her records and also earlier.....a long time ago see her on TV. But never see her doing a Live Performance on stage,I have now.....thanks to YouTube.

The sound is not so good on YouTube-clips than on vinyl-records,but it doesn't matter,to see this heroin-lady (as Oprah Winfrey says) in Live Performance is out of this world

To see her performing live is marvelous,she owns the stage,and the audience eat from her hands. She was known as to have 100% public-contact from the first song. And I think you know about  her energy,dynamic,intensenty,electrisity and always giving 100% on stage. Some facts...

?Tina Turner has sold more concert tickets than any other solo-artist...over all times ? 

? 11 World Tours, every one Sold Out,the longest "Break Every Rule Tour" in 1988, 218 conserts....and we talk here about Arena-concerts. Not many artists can fill arena-conserts,all Tina's was Sold Out. 

? Tina's last Tour was 2009,she was then 69 years old,and have been away from stage 9 years. This Tour goes in Europé and USA, 96 concerts.....everyone Sold Out. Believe that,....away from the music-business 9 years,return,and every Arena-concert Sold Out. She also get top-writings in all "newspapers"...as all called her,..."The Queen of Rock'n'Roll".....69 years old,and the same energy on stage ? 

? Tina has the world-record of the biggest concert in all times,it was at Maracana-stadium in Rio de Janeiro 1988. 188 000 people was at the concert....think about that, 188 000 people. The second place has George Michael,the same stadium with "only ????" 160 000 people.

? TINA; The Musical,...a musical of her life had World Premier in London some week ago. Tina loves England,London and was glad that this musical starts in London.

? A new book about Tina come in october,the first "I Tina" came 1986.

? Tina has won everything you can think of in the business, Kennedy Center Honored ect,the last one in januari this year.....The Lifetime Achivements Award,because of this price they shall have a big concert for her this summer. Best Rock voice of all time and of the 100 best sing voices of all times she is on place 17.......not bad for a rock-singer.

This is a start-post to this thread,maybe others here can put in something about this Iconic Artist. She loved to performe in England,I shall later post a clip from her consert at Wembley-stadium year 2000,she was then 60 years old....maybe some of you visit that consert?

At last,here is a clip from 1990,a concert in Barcelona. From the "Foreign Affair World Tour" 124 conserts.Tina was here 50 years old.....but,holy sh-t .... Look at the powerlady?  Here we can talk about electrisity....enjoy.

As I say,Tina you shall see,hear live...not on record.

----------------------------------------------------

Here comes a YouTube-video to you https://www.youtube.com/watch?...R57Q4gds&sns=sms

Posted on: 05 November 2018 by Peder
French Rooster posted:

Peder, I thought the book was written by you.   

???? French Rooster,....If it was,I would have a Statement-system at home..but I don't see any Statement ????.

/Peder???? 

Posted on: 05 November 2018 by Peder

????????Tina Turner rocked
                     Gateshead
                     International Stadium
                     on this day 25 years ago.!

How American rock diva Tina Turner,played two sold-out 30,000 shows at Gateshead Stadium,this week in 1990.

Twenty-five years ago this week,an incredible 60,000 fans flocked to see Anna Mae Bullock live in concert.
You’ll know her better,of course,as Tina Turner.
And the 51-year-old rock diva performed two sell-out 30,000 shows at Gateshead Stadium.

The tickets had gone on sale in February that year, and the phenomenal demand for the initial July 21 concert meant a second show was added for the following day.

The two concerts would be the first at Gateshead Stadium since The Police appeared in 1982,and their success would herald a string of superstar shows at the venue.
By the likes of Dire Straits,Simple Minds,and Bon Jovi throughout the 1990s and beyond.

Tina arrived in the middle of her 125-date Foreign Affair World Tour.
Which the singer said would be her last before she embarked on a career in films.
But before the American Star took to the stage, the Chronicle reported how security staff at the stadium had confiscated thousands of cans, flasks and bottles of drinks at the turnstiles, “leaving some fans furious”.

Notwithstanding,..Tina brought the house down as our reviewer,at the first show, declared:
 “There was never any suggestion that the grand old lady of rock would have to win over the audience.

“The 30,000 were with her from the first number, Steamy Windows,waving,swaying in time,and singing along.

“Giant screens on either side of the stage gave those of us further away a close-up of the star.”

The singer,who included South Tyneside musician John Miles in her excellent backing band,..belted out the classics,including Nutbush City Limits, What’s Love Got to Do with It, Let’s Stay Together, We Don’t Need Another Hero, and (inevitably) The Best.

Quarter of a century on,75-year-old Tina is resident in Switzerland.
Her last studio album was released in 1999 and she last toured in 2009.

We may have seen the last of Tina Turner as a live performer,but for those who saw her at Gateshead this week in 1990, she will remain “Simply The Best”.

?These reviews on her Live Performance,Tina Turner got all the time during her career.... "Simply The Best Live Performar"

See the article in the Chronicle..????????

https://www.chroniclelive.co.u...tm_campaign=sharebar

/Peder???? 

Posted on: 25 November 2018 by Peder

???? She Knew She Was Hot ????
            And Can Bring The House Down
                         ------------------------
Look Here,Than You Understand.Tina Here 70 Years Old in front of 81000 people.

https://i.imgur.com/zGftbyu.jpg

-------------------------

???? On Monday (26/11) Tina 79th Birthday ????
Celebrating The Life Of The Icon The Rock’n’Roll

And as Tina herself once said….
????People Ask Me When I Am Going To Slow Down...
Tina's answer..I'm Just Getting Started.!

This below we know already shall happens 2019,..for this 79 year old Rock’n'Roll Icon....

?Tina: The musical,..Premiere in March.. Hamburg,Germany.

?Tina: The musical,..Premiere on Broadway in September,..New York,USA.

?Premiere in 2019,..On the documentary film about Tina Turner's life as "The Queen Of Rock’n’Roll”.

"My Love Story"..The book that Tina released World Wide a month ago,already after 1 week became a bestseller in several countries.

So it's enough that Tina Turner once said,....
"I'm Just Getting Started.!"

News magazines around the world pay attention to Tina's birthday.
And many large TV-channels broadcast interviews with Tina,..including BBC in the UK.

???? We say a Big Congratulations to Tina's 79th Birthday,..and finish by adding an amazing version of her classic song "Proud Mary" from 1982.

When we see this video,we understand why Tina became the SuperStar she became..Total contact with her audience..Amazing...????????????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...pkMDRjYw&sns=sms
         -----------------------------------------------

/Peder???? 

Posted on: 26 November 2018 by Peder

???? Incredibly..Internet boils of congratulation-greetings to Tina Turner.

Various Fan-clubs will meet in London tonight,to get a special performance of the musical....
?TINA: The Musical.
Afterwards they should have a party with the artists in the musical for Tina's sake.

The same thing happens in Germany,and other parts of the world.
In Argentina there will be an extra large event for Tina Turner.

Newspapers and TV-channels world wide,pay attention to Tina's birthday,..and many other world artists send congratulations.

???? The Queen Of Rock’n’Roll still reigns at 79 years of age.

Below a representative photo for a star.????????

A representative photo for a star
https://i.imgur.com/uBGam46.jpg

/Peder ????

Posted on: 26 November 2018 by Peder

???? Big Interview With Tina on BBC 1,..10,45pm ????

Below,..a cake worthy of a Rock’n’Roll Queen.

English fans have ordered this cake to the party at "TINA: The Musical" tonight,..and the party afterwards
Quiet..There are several cakes ????.
???? A Tina Turner cake..???????? 
https://i.imgur.com/z4hE9e7.jpg

/Peder???? 

Posted on: 26 November 2018 by Innocent Bystander

Given your adulation of TT and longevity of this thread I thought I’d watch the BBC interview to see if I what I have been missing - sorry to say it didn’t convert me, she may have been going a long time, and did energetic shows with costumes designed to mesmerise men, but not my kind of performer or music.

May you continue to enjoy! (And maybe one day compile this thread into a book - maybe her 80th birthday will be a good time to publish...)

Posted on: 29 November 2018 by Peder

"It's Only Rock’n’Roll,.. But I Like It "
   sang Tina and Mick Jagger on" Live AID 1985.

A Live Performance that was so noticed,so that they ended up on the front page of "LIFE Magazine".. " The Rolling Stone "..many TV-interviews etc.,etc.

???? On Front Of "LIFE Magazine"
https://i.imgur.com/bjWlY0U.jpg

???? From Live Performance"Live AID-85"
https://i.imgur.com/EFLjvyg.jpg

-------------------------------------

From Billboard Magazine
TINA TURNER reveales on DAVID BOWIE and….
                        MICK JAGGER

Tina talks of her the book: ”My Love Story” which will arrive in honor of her 79 th year,late in october 2018.
                      ----------------------------
She said: “Mick wanted to dance,..and I was a dancer, I was the one who taught the Rolling Stones frontman his moves,..despite his claims he was taught by his mother.
But he never gave me the credit!  

We worked with him in the dressing room,me and the girls,and we taught him how to Pony.
I taught Mick to dance,but he never made a move on me!  
Jagger and David Bowie were ”like the brothers I never had”.
                     -----------------------------
She opened up about her retirement,her old poker pals David Bowie and Mick Jagger,and of course,..the point of the evening,the upcoming Musical on her life opening next year in London.

As a follow-up to her first Best-Selling memoir,….”I,Tina”, the new book will go into more detail about the nearly fatal moments with Ike, during their violently toxic relationship that ended in 1973.

Tina reveals that the story will start all the way back in the cotton fields of Tennessee.
Being raised by her grandmother in her native Nutbush,as well as her debuts in Missouri with the fearsome Ike Turner.

“It starts from Nutbush growing up,all the involvement with the cotton fields,church house, gin house,school house,out house,it really quite old now but it’s still there.
It starts with that.
It starts with the grandmother raising me,and all of the early stages into moving into teenager and then into St. Louis.”
                     ------------------------------
David and Mick?
First of all Mick wanted to do the dance.
David was just a gentleman,being there in some kind of way.
Trying to find out what he wanted to do with Tina.

Because they were like brothers,or close,close, close friends,and then I ended up doing an album with David and a live show.
We were dancing,.”Tonight”.

Tina concurs that the two of them together on stage was something special (“that was chemistry, that was!”).
But,not surprisingly goes all coy about the boy,refusing to reveal what the Thin White One had whispered in her ear during the sax-dominated instrumental break:

“No, I’m not telling ya!”..Cue lots of hysterical laughter,hoping Wossy changes the subject sharpish.
Of course he doesn’t.
Last time I saw David…????????

“I think I saw him in Brussels,and that was the actual last time that I went to his dressing room and said Hello,and talked about the show and where he was going.
”He was just in a shirt,trousers and a guitar and almost acapella,and that was the actual last time I went to his dressing room and said hello and talked about the show.
I remember the last thing he said..”I love you Tina”.. and I said ”I love you David” and that was all.

The next thing I heard,he was sick and then after that I saw Iman (David’s wife) and asked her how he was and she said “He’s OK”.
Because they kept it undercover,and then the news came through.

And the ”What’s Love Got To Do With It” hitmaker also opened up on her collaboration with the late icon David Bowie, and says their relationship was more about “singing”.
As he believed there was something he could learn from her voice.

“I had a different kind of collaboration with David, and it was more to do with the singing.
All those English guys felt I could sing.
They felt there was something to learn from my singing.
My vocals are natural.
I hit the note naturally and they’d go: ”What?! How’d you do that?!”
                     --------------------------
In 1985,..Tina Turner and Mel Gibson starred together in the film, ”Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome” which became a massive hit at the box office.
Tina was at the height of her fame at the time, and of course,she played a queen while on the set.
In an interview Mel revealed exciting details regarding his relationship with Tina Turner.
According to Mel,at that time in his life,his career was about to hit rock bottom because of his rapacious lifestyle.

However,..Tina stepped in to help the Braveheart alumni.
Gibson told the reporters from the publication that he used to be “a wild boy” and would get “loaded” all the time.
Tina was aware of Mel’s behavior,and one day she sent him a photograph of himself and told him, “Please don’t mess this up”.
                   ----------------------------
???? Below is the answer from Tina to "Innocent Bystanders" comment..”With costumes designed to mesmerise men”..????????

?I never used sex to sell music when I performed on stage.
”All I ever wanted to do was give people a good time,” the rock-n-roll legend tells me.
”I never did sexual moves,and I never did sexual gestures”.
”I played with se But I never actually did it,so they thought I was really trying to come on to someone”.

”When I stood there,sweat dripping from me,all the make-up on,and the hair,and everybody looking up at me, smiling.That was what I always left the stage with”,Turner says.
Adding she always knew when enough was enough.
”Give them too much,and you’ll get them on stage with you”.
                      --------------------------
Tina,..now 77,draws a sharp contrast between her act,at the height of her solo fame in the Eighties, and the female superstars of today:
Woman like Beyonce,Rihanna and Jennifer Lopez.

She blames competiveness — and weak management — for the sexual provocativeness, that pervades the world of female music stars now.

”There’s not a lot of people in their ear,trying to talk about manners on stage”,she says.
”I think they started out doing what they wanted to do; and you weren’t able to correct them.
So I think that’s why they’re taking off more clothes.?

”I never slept” with with either Jagger or Bowie, adding that neither of them ever “came on” to her.
She said: [They were] like the brothers that I never had. We never slept together; and they never came on to me,because I think they saw me as a role model in some kind of way.”

/Peder???? 

Posted on: 30 November 2018 by mudwolf

She was, is and always will be unique

Posted on: 09 December 2018 by Peder
mudwolf posted:

She was, is and always will be unique

???? Mudwolf,....I agree with you,Tina stood for among other things..Energy,.Joy and Emotion when she appeared on stage.
It was seen that she had fun on stage,she loved to perform before her audience,and she always gave 100% at every Performance....

Therefore,..her Live Performance was so famous,the audience knew that they got two hours of Real Rock’n’Roll when they visited a Tina Turner Concert.
See the pictures below,they really convey what I'm referring to.....???????????? 
????The Energy Of Tina
https://i.imgur.com/vtEh25j.jpg

????The Joy Of Tina
https://i.imgur.com/YqIdSEK.jpg

????Public Contact With Tina
https://i.imgur.com/nFhnq6F.jpg

????Rock'n'Roll Energy With Tina
https://i.imgur.com/NvRkBnF.jpg

/Peder???? 

Posted on: 12 December 2018 by Peder

This below,sent Tina out an hour ago on her Facebook page.

And this is just this year's result from Spotify,.. Everything else is not yet counted.

???? Thanks For An Amazing Year...????????????
Thanks From Tina.
https://i.imgur.com/wG9H5C8.jpg

/Peder????