System Pics 2019

Posted by: hungryhalibut on 20 December 2018

Welcome to System Pics 2019.

To start things off, here is a picture of my setup. The only thing that has changed since last year is the addition of a maple Fraim to match the speakers. 

Posted on: 28 December 2018 by Bart

Lovely room Bert - thanks for sharing!

Posted on: 28 December 2018 by Chag...

I was wondering what would be the emerging consensus today as for installing the ND555. Top of the brain Fraim stack just like for the NDS or somewhere below? ????

Chag -

Posted on: 28 December 2018 by Bert Schurink
French Rooster posted:
Bert Schurink posted:

My AV is fully integrated into the system, which produces good or better great results. The red accessory is part of the visual room correction ...

Hey Bert, wonderful system!    Did you choose first the color of the cat  or the color of the ffraim? ????????

The cat was first....

Posted on: 28 December 2018 by TOBYJUG
Bert Schurink posted:

My AV is fully integrated into the system, which produces good or better great results. The red accessory is part of the visual room correction ...

And David Baldacci put to good use.

Posted on: 28 December 2018 by Innocent Bystander
Bert Schurink posted:

When I saw that picture in a catalogue a few months ago, looking for something fo my artistic musician son, it struck me as a good image for using on a sound absorber panel, with others in the same style for companion panels (though would have to be enlarged a bit).

Posted on: 28 December 2018 by wenger2015
Bert Schurink posted:
wenger2015 posted:

Very Nice Bert, lovely room and system......just not sure about the cat sitting on the black box?

It’s an essential part of the system, he controls the vibration, and his brother also sometimes does :-)....., a reason why I don’t have Vinyl...

If he controls the vibration, then have you tried putting him under the black box ?

Posted on: 28 December 2018 by yeti42
Chag... posted:

I was wondering what would be the emerging consensus today as for installing the ND555. Top of the brain Fraim stack just like for the NDS or somewhere below? ????

Chag -

I run mine between 500 head unit and superline, the superline will never be needed at the same time so its shelf provides a space to the 552, which would be on top if the turntable didn’t have priority.

I will be unlikely to run a second ps as I don’t have room and when I heard 2 ps on an ND555 at a demo, albeit with 252/300 dynaudios, the room was split about 50:50 as to its benefit, I was on the one ps side of that division, which was quite distinct, no one seemed undecided.

Posted on: 29 December 2018 by Bert Schurink
TOBYJUG posted:
Bert Schurink posted:

And David Baldacci put to good use.

Yes I didn’t opt for the cable holders of Ansuz....., I fear they also will have a significant impact on sound 

wenger2015 posted:
Bert Schurink posted:
wenger2015 posted:

Very Nice Bert, lovely room and system......just not sure about the cat sitting on the black box?

It’s an essential part of the system, he controls the vibration, and his brother also sometimes does :-)....., a reason why I don’t have Vinyl...

If he controls the vibration, then have you tried putting him under the black box ?

It’s clear you don’t have cats. If you would have you would know that they only do what they like to do, and you are only there for supporting or serving them....

Innocent Bystander posted:
Bert Schurink posted:

When I saw that picture in a catalogue a few months ago, looking for something fo my artistic musician son, it struck me as a good image for using on a sound absorber panel, with others in the same style for companion panels (though would have to be enlarged a bit).

There are indeed more similar styled pictures like this. So you should be able to find them. I left my room correction untouched white....

Posted on: 29 December 2018 by Dan Steel
Bert Schurink posted:
Bert Schurink posted:

There are indeed more similar styled pictures like this. So you should be able to find them. I left my room correction untouched white....

Is he chillin out to this. ????

Posted on: 29 December 2018 by Gazza
Dan Steel posted:
Bert Schurink posted:
Bert Schurink posted:

Is he chillin out to this. ????

Burt would never get a look in with his new streamer if the cat heard that album????

Posted on: 29 December 2018 by ROOG

Stax

Here's my headphone system, now fed by an Rpi 3 + Allo Digione  > Audio Note DAC > Stax 006ts energiser > L700.  Recently relocated to my 'home office'

Posted on: 29 December 2018 by Clay Bingham

Lovely systems. Visually very balanced. I'm impressed with each and every one. Not a dud in the bunch. 

Posted on: 30 December 2018 by ClaudeP
Bert Schurink posted:

Hi Bert, unless I'm mistaken you'e one of precious few members using Verity Audio speakers with Naim. Do they PRAT?

Claude

Posted on: 31 December 2018 by Franz K

not much of a change since June, except some cables

Posted on: 31 December 2018 by stuart.ashen

Those DBLs look fantastic!

Stu

Posted on: 31 December 2018 by Franz K
stuart.ashen posted:

Those DBLs look fantastic!

Stu

Thanks Stu

Posted on: 31 December 2018 by quickben

* imgur not behaing*

Same trouble as Bert but we have preventive measures atop the Planar 3. No changes in 2018 but thinking of upgrading from the Focals with standmounts to handle a move from 200DR to 250DR.

Peter

Posted on: 31 December 2018 by The Naim's Dave
ROOG posted:

Stax

Here's my headphone system, now fed by an Rpi 3 + Allo Digione  > Audio Note DAC > Stax 006ts energiser > L700.  Recently relocated to my 'home office'

Same headphone system as me :-)

Fantastic sounding kit.

However I have stacked mine vertically.

Posted on: 31 December 2018 by ROOG

Yes the orientation thing is very odd, it looked fine after posting on my ipad, but viewing this on my PC I can see what you mean. :0)

Posted on: 31 December 2018 by Bert Schurink
ClaudeP posted:
Bert Schurink posted:

Hi Bert, unless I'm mistaken you'e one of precious few members using Verity Audio speakers with Naim. Do they PRAT?

Claude

The Verity Audio’s work very well with Naim. They have a musicality which transcends the music to different levels. Do they have the best PRAT probably not, but I wouldn’t consider changing as they form a great overall package. Other speakers who tend to be even more PRAT tend to have a dryness to them.

Posted on: 31 December 2018 by Speedtrip

Ok , hope I've worked this out. there should be a few system pics here

Posted on: 01 January 2019 by spacey

Happy New Year peeps. 

Posted on: 01 January 2019 by Kevin-W

[@mention:1566878604008263] - I really like the cabinet your TV is on. Where's it from?