Phil Harris posted:
Ardbeg10y posted:

Am I right that the 272 has multiple pre-outs contrary to the 282/202/252 and therefore the 272 is an ideal multiroom pre-amp?

It has two DIN and one stereo RCA preout but they are not independently controllable so therefore should not be considered as a "multiroom" source...

Phil... while not independently selectable, could the fixed level (RCA) output be connected to a separate integrated amp (or to an input of another pre-amp) to provide a basic 2-room source?

Eloise posted:
Phil Harris posted:
Ardbeg10y posted:

Am I right that the 272 has multiple pre-outs contrary to the 282/202/252 and therefore the 272 is an ideal multiroom pre-amp?

It has two DIN and one stereo RCA preout but they are not independently controllable so therefore should not be considered as a "multiroom" source...

Phil... while not independently selectable, could the fixed level (RCA) output be connected to a separate integrated amp (or to an input of another pre-amp) to provide a basic 2-room source?

I hope and think so, however my name is not HH or Phil. A 272 + PS would make more sense to me if I can use it in the different places where I sit.

kassos posted:

I hope so, that’s what mine does. It feeds into a preinstalled rest of the house system powered by a Teac integrated amp.

Yep, this is more or less what I do (RCA out of 272 fixed level to Nait XS2 in second room) works really well. 

Eloise posted:
Phil Harris posted:
Ardbeg10y posted:

Hi,

Yes but it's hardly an elegant solution...

Phil

Tape Out on my NAC works extremely well into a Uniti Qute2 Aux In.  It sounds better than the streamer and FM onboard the Qute.  

I use a Denon AV pre as a midpoint/hub, to allow for more distribution destinations.  

This setup meets my requirements perfectly, as it prioritizes sound quality, delivered by NDX/nDAC/555 to all zones, and synchronization of music across many zones.  I would not have it any other way.

Nick

My way gets me FM and analog to all zones, in addition to my lossless rips from the NAS.  I don’t know how to do that over a network.  

I have tried Party Mode from the NDX to the Qute, but the sound quality is obviously lower.

Network play is cheaper than analogue distribution, and it is simpler to install — the compromises in usability and sound quality are the price you pay.

Nick

Likes (2)
boomPeakman