Dear Hungryhalibut. I may have over looked this recommendation. Below are the CDs I purchased after forum members recommendations. I have not listened to all or most. Though those I have listened too have been lovely and have taken me on a lovely journey. Here goes:
1. Bach Mass in B Minor, John Eliot Gardiner
2. J.S. Bach, St Matthew Passion, Sir David Willcocks
3. j.S. Bach St John Passion, Benjamin Britten
4. J'S Bach Mass in B Minor, John Eliot Gardiner
5. j.S. Bach Violin Concertos, Viktoria Mullove
6. Bach 6 Solo Sonatas & Partitas, Viktoria Mullove
7. Hilary Hahn, Back Concertos
8. Sechs Partiten, SIX Partitas BWV 825 - 830, Trevor Pinnock
9. Bach, Slava Grigoryan Cello Suites. Volume 1
10. Bach Cello Suites, Steven Isserlis
11. j.S. Bach Brandenburg Concertos BWV 1060, 1062, 1064, Christopher Hogwood
12. J.S. Bach, The Orchestral Suites BWV 1060 & 1062, Christopher Hogwood
13. Glenn Gould Plays Bach Goldberg Variations BWV988
14. Bach, Daniel Hope, Vilolin Concertos in A minor & E major, Concerto for 2 violins . Brandenburg Concerto No. 5
15. Murray plays Perahia Bach The Complete Recordings
16. J.S.Bach Orchestral Suites for a young prince.
17. Bach Six Concertos for the Margrave of Brandenburg, Trevor Pinnock
18. Bach, the Keyboard Concertos 1, BwV1052, BWV1058, Brandenburg Concerto No 5, Angela Hewitt, Australian Chamber Orchestra
19. Bach, The Keyboard Concertos - 2 BWV1053, BWV1055, BWV1056, BWV1057, Angela Hewitt, Australian Chamber Orchestra
20. Bach, Angela Hewit, BWV772-801, BWV802-805, BWV806-811, BWV812-817, BWV823, BWV825-830, BWV831, BWV832, BWV846-893 (2008), BWV894, BWV903, BWV904, 944, BWV906, BWV910-916, BWV924-928, 930, 933-943, 989, BWV963, BWV964, BWV971, BWV971, BWV988, BWV989, BWV992-993.
If I have missed anything that you believe that I should add to my collection. Please remind me. Even if it means you have to repeat yourself. I do wish to say that I have been lovingly encapsulated by the above albums. I have not listened to half of them. Though I am working my way through as time permits. I do play the same CD a few times before going onto the next. After which I will return. I do find that I enjoy the Orchestral Suites most. Though having said that I can be captivated by a Concerto or Partita. I am finding it all a lovely learning curve of escape that I was once, not aware of. By listing all these albums. I wish to inform those who have replied to my post. Your recommendations have not gone unheard. If there is anything else that is a must have, or takes your heart on a journey. Please feel free to add.
I would like to end this post with the words, "with much Love",