B&W 803D3

was at my dealers today and he was doing a dem with 803D3 drivin by Cyrus 300 signature mono blocks

I was really impressed

i asked him could I hear them drivin by Naim 300DR the Cyrus was able to control them so much better

i really like the speakers and they offered me a good price for my 804D3

i can’t afford the funds to upgrade the next Naim amp 

any advice would anyone go with the 300 signature mono blocks.

tonycurran1 

Original Post

Hello Tony.

Not quite "like for like", but whilst my 500 was away being DR'd my dealer kindly lent me their demo 300DR. At that time my speakers were B and W 802 Diamonds. The combination was a success, even more so when the 500 came back, but that's another story.

I now have 802 D3's which are streets ahead of the previous generation.

This is a long winded way of saying the 300DR is an excellent amplifier and I doubt you will be disappointed. At this level they should give you a home demo. INMO these speakers need an amp to grip them firmly. This applies to  current and previous generations, although they have got easier to drive with each new revision.

Hope this helps

douglas posted:

Hello Tony.

Not quite "like for like", but whilst my 500 was away being DR'd my dealer kindly lent me their demo 300DR. At that time my speakers were B and W 802 Diamonds. The combination was a success, even more so when the 500 came back, but that's another story.

I now have 802 D3's which are streets ahead of the previous generation.

This is a long winded way of saying the 300DR is an excellent amplifier and I doubt you will be disappointed. At this level they should give you a home demo. INMO these speakers need an amp to grip them firmly. This applies to  current and previous generations, although they have got easier to drive with each new revision.

Hope this helps

I think the OP was as,ing views on getting the Cyrus 300 not the Naim...

Add Reply

Likes (0)