I hope you might be able to offer some, let’s say, guidance. I’ll try to be thorough so as not to be too ambiguous in requirements.
I have got myself a little confused, unfortunately this is mostly self inflicted by budget requirements and buying second hand. Short Story is that is means it’s tricky to demo anything.
Rega Planar 3 (current model + neo psu) & TV into UQ2 to Focal Aria 906.
This is in 4x5m living room. Thick carpet and lots of furniture and suspended wooden floorboards. The system resides in a bay window firing up the long length. One side is fireplace with alcoves either side, the other is a sofa. I cannot bring the speakers too far into the room, only approx 25cm from back wall and 20cm from side this is the angled wall of the bay so closer at the rear of the speaker. They are approx 2m apart and 3m to listening seat.
I mainly listen to vinyl, iradio and stream Tidal/Spotify Premium. I have lots of music (mainly flac) sitting on an old hard drive doing nothing which would be nice to have access to (obviously a NAS but haven’t added yet).
With fairly well produced music this sounds pretty good. When I move to anything fast paced it seems to get a bit muddied and lacks dynamics on passages I know well. I do like a bit of rock and metal from time to time and it seems to struggle with the pace. Not sure if this is uq2 or speakers? I don’t listen very loud due to neighbours, usually my qute is at 35-40 and only if I know they are out to I push up to 45-50 on the volume.
I have approx £1500 to spend currently. The less the better really as anything saved will go towards further upgrades. I am thinking electronics first, then speakers.
I listened to some ATC SCM 11 that were very good. Uq2 isn’t powerful enough for these. I also want to try some others including kudos, proac and harbeth.
before this I want the electronics sorted.
Options I think I have and am confused by which is a better route.
1) Add Nap 200/200DR - Nap200 better financially but likely to need servicing so pushes price up to nearer DR. I probably won’t ever upgrade streamer section as too pricey so not sure if this is worth it.
2) buy Superuniti and sell qute - Prob cheapest/quickest/easiest. Some descriptions of sound signature confuse me if this is the best option compared to above and below options
3) sell qute for Nait Xs or xs2 and add auralic Aries mini and maybe chord mojo later.
4) sell qute for supernait and auralic Aries mini and maybe mojo later
5) add non-naim power amp. Maybe Exposure 3010s2 or similar.
options 3&4, I might leave the tv unconnected and just get a soundbar for it.
Be interested to hear any thoughts on direction as I can’t seem to see the wood for the trees at this point.
Thanks for reading this far and any input anyone might be able to give.