Confused by upgrade options...

hungryhalibut posted:

Well yes, but he’s not actually intending to buy three amplifiers. 

ah yes,  sorry, I'd  just spent 5 hours watching training material - brain fried, obviously didn't click out of idiot mode.  Still, 2 days to come without seeing a PowerPoint slide to recover...

TallGuy posted:
hungryhalibut posted:

Well yes, but he’s not actually intending to buy three amplifiers. 

ah yes,  sorry, I'd  just spent 5 hours watching training material - brain fried, obviously didn't click out of idiot mode.  Still, 2 days to come without seeing a PowerPoint slide to recover...

You have my simpathy. I tried to complete some idiotic courses this year, it relates strongly to the days I've been active most on this forum. Worst thing is computer voice over.

JME,

Any news with your proposed UQ2 upgrades? I’m curious as I too have a UnitiQute2, so also considering the many options. My thoughts are currently similar to your idea No 1). Although a variation on your No 4) is also an option I’d considered. To me, the following seem logical cost effective steps.

…UQ2 + NAP200. The UQ2 used as Pre / Streamer initially.
…NAC-N 272.2 + NAP200. The UQ2 sold or used elsewhere.
...NAC-N 272.2 + XPS + NAP200. Simple. Not too many boxes.

Ideas are in anticipation of the direction Naim take with their NAC-N range, so I’ll not be making any quick decisions. If the current 272 is the last NAC-N incarnation, then I’ll keep plans fluid, which will still be easy. Temporarily use the UQ2 as a source into a Supernait2 and then add an NDX2 as funds permit, or plunge for an NDX2 from the off and use that as a source into the UQ2. So many options only a dem will help clarify!

Just a couple of ideas rattling around my noggin. Please keep your thread updated with progress as it would be good to read how you move forward.

Add Reply

Likes (0)