Electric car owners?

Don Atkinson posted:

Winky, how committed are you to the EV scenario at the moment ?

.......bearing in mind that you placed, then cancelled an order for a Model 3 Tesla’s not that long ago.

Fairly committed, but.....our issue is that while we'd love to have an EV for 75% of the driving we do, we also need our mini-van (dogs and kids) for a fair bit of the time. We don't want to be a 2-car family, so for now, it is on hold. Once the kids leave home (they're 15 and 17 so just in another 20 years-or-so) we'll then seriously be in the market. We'd perhaps get by now with a Model X, but they're just too expensive for us.

I'd also like for us to do a lot less driving generally. I hardly ever drive, but my wife spends hours in the car every day, just running errands. Ironically, she drives to the gym. She'd ride her bike instead, but she is scared by the traffic. Getting a second car is not a step towards reduced automobile dependency.

winkyincanada posted:
Don Atkinson posted:

Winky, how committed are you to the EV scenario at the moment ?

.......bearing in mind that you placed, then cancelled an order for a Model 3 Tesla’s not that long ago.

Fairly committed, but.....our issue is that while we'd love to have an EV for 75% of the driving we do, we also need our mini-van (dogs and kids) for a fair bit of the time. We don't want to be a 2-car family, so for now, it is on hold.Once the kids leave home (they're 15 and 17 so just in another 20 years-or-so) we'll then seriously be in the market. We'd perhaps get by now with a Model X, but they're just too expensive for us.

I'd also like for us to do a lot less driving generally. I hardly ever drive, but my wife spends hours in the car every day, just running errands. Ironically, she drives to the gym. She'd ride her bike instead, but she is scared by the traffic. Getting a second car is not a step towards reduced automobile dependency.

Add Reply

Likes (1)
james n