Hydra or Extension Block?

Meerkat posted:
Mike-B posted:
ChrisSU posted:

It’s been said that the optimum length for an Ethernet cable is 3 meters minimum, for reasons I won’t pretend to fully understand. Maybe you need to go for quantity over quality?!

Minimum length ethernet is another of those myths that have been assumed to be fact in some quarters..   There is nothing in the regs & specs that suggest a minimum length.   

Thanks...Were your ears burning Mike?

This issue seems to crop up every now and then....feel free to argue amongst yourselves!

https://forums.naimaudio.com/t...95#75906056727244795

Meerkat posted:

I then unpacked and installed my new 282/HiCapDR/300DR (Blimey, those Burndys are tricky)...and without fail, I've got the Naim Hum! On my old system, the HiCapDR was giving it large, but this time its the 300s power supply. Switched off all other electrical appliances in the house, so it's not those...Probably, as we have mentioned above, DC issues.

Good stuff - the 282 and 300 work very sweetly together. Let it settle in for a few days and see how it goes with the hum. How have you got the system setup with regards racks ? 

james n posted:
Meerkat posted:

I then unpacked and installed my new 282/HiCapDR/300DR (Blimey, those Burndys are tricky)...and without fail, I've got the Naim Hum! On my old system, the HiCapDR was giving it large, but this time its the 300s power supply. Switched off all other electrical appliances in the house, so it's not those...Probably, as we have mentioned above, DC issues.

Good stuff - the 282 and 300 work very sweetly together. Let it settle in for a few days and see how it goes with the hum. How have you got the system setup with regards racks ? 

Thanks James...At present, I'm using my old Target rack which has five shelves. I will upgrade it next year, once my bank balance recovers from black box syndrome.

1. Streamer
2. 282
3. 300DR
4. 300 Power Supply
5. HiCap DR and NAPSC

james n posted:

Ah yes that old problem .

For now, i'd be tempted to swap PSU positions and move the 300PS to the bottom shelf. It might reduce the hum due to better mechanical coupling to the floor.

Ok, I'll give it a whirl...it'll probably start the HiCap off!

Meerkat posted:
james n posted:

Ah yes that old problem .

For now, i'd be tempted to swap PSU positions and move the 300PS to the bottom shelf. It might reduce the hum due to better mechanical coupling to the floor.

Ok, I'll give it a whirl...it'll probably start the HiCap off!

When I had a 282/300 on one stack I went bottom shelf 300PS next shelf was my streamer and dac then I had the 300 head unit and then the 282 on top not perfect and I had to loop the burndies but it was the only way that I could keep the Burndy cables off of the floor and my pre on top.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              

Add Reply

Likes (1)
Blackmorec