If the 552 DR is so good, why desire the Statement?

I do really agree with that ...... the Statement Preamp - will very positively improve on the 552dr,  you may have a point regarding a 500dr in a uk proportion room . However, shows are notorious - the mains supply is usually horrendous ...... and the statement amps need the very best of mains supply - a dedicated circuit being an absolute must.

douglas posted:

There is ALWAYS more.

lotus

Richieroo posted:

I do really agree with that ...... the Statement Preamp - will very positively improve on the 552dr,  you may have a point regarding a 500dr in a uk proportion room . However, shows are notorious - the mains supply is usually horrendous ...... and the statement amps need the very best of mains supply - a dedicated circuit being an absolute must.

Clearly the primary way in which Statement - and all other Naim gear - would benefit from improvement would be making them immune to mains power supply issues, so they work perfectly provided the supply voltage and stability are within the specifications normal to mains supply companies' standard specifications. I.e, so that anyone could buy and have working to perfection regardless of the home they live in, or hotel room in which demonstrated, and with freedom to move between rooms or locations without having to rewire the place.

Maybe this would be something worthwhile Naim working on.

BNN posted:

This post attract me.

I have full 500 series (not DR version, only the CD555 upgrade to DR version on PSU), pairing with ProAc Corbon Pro 8 Speaker which recently obsolete from ProAc. I have this setup sing for 4 years without changing any piece of the component on it. Reason why because I am total satisfied on its performance.

Then the Statement launch and I listened them pairing with Magico Q7 & dCS Vivaldi on Hong Kong HiFi show few years ago. To me the performance was good, but not as good as what I heard the different from 252 to 552 and etc.

To me, if your room approx 20ft length x 15ft more or less, then 500 series will just suite best, if you prefer to put Statement in this similar size of room with suitable speaker  then I can quite sure that the performance shall be very less in different, perhaps only slightly better in overall control the bass line (which the 500 already excellent), and possible slightly better on the sound-stage and detail, I mean slightly. Using the Statement on the small to mid size of room is a waste for Naim user.

Statement will only be good and suitable for large room size (35ft width x 60ft length), large speaker (Focal Utopia/Wilson/Kharma and etc) and require no compromise on the power demand, which's should no compromise to control the speaker from rock (fast) to vocal (slow) musics.

Summing up subjectively, I felt like if you have small-mid size room then don't waste your money to go for Statement, 500 series DR will do the best at its price point or even double/triple price setup. I certainly quite sure about this, if you match well, 500 series are the best combo so far I ever across at this price point or double than that.

Regards,

Joseph.

I agree with you totally, Naim's top of the line is the 500 series. 

The 282 is where it starts to get interesting, and believe me, it ain't bad either! 

But here in the US, an Statement System:

3 x 90K = 270K

Cabling & IC & Power mains = 12K

NDS & Dual PS,s = 30K

Speakers = 30K

Extras = 10K

Total~ $362K

Car ~ $150K

Home ~ 1 Million Plus!

Room size????

If I was only so lucky!

Allante93!

PS. My Home $160K

I know no experience!

Cdx2>282> HCDR>Tri-Amped > Briks

Statement Seminar, Hosted by the Esteem Manu, over  @ Audio Plus.

It ain't bad Either!

There has been some discussion in this thread about matching pre  and power amps and it has been said that Naim preamplifiers are designed to work with Naim power amplifiers. I recall the NAP500 was originally demonstrated with the NAC52, but I am interested in changing my preamplifier so was wondering if anyone on here has any experience of a NAC552 with a pair of Olive NAP135s?

Likes (2)
fathings catKacper