I have seen this post passing by now a couple of times. And it always follows the same patterns. But let me reflect on it as well besides the starting remarks that we are in general a group of nerdy introvert type of people, so things can become a bit tiring and boring at times unless we get challenged on our core beliefs. Serious reflection though:
1. It’s a great source of finding new music, or getting pulled into new direction. Yeah I would love to see back those longer post of people who really have a hand of properly describing a classical album, this happens too less. But at the same time I am like many others also often too lazy to describe my own listening experiences. So it’s just a desire when fulfilled great, when not still ok as I am triggered to look at new music.
2. A great source of information when you are new to the Naim world and want an opinion about the next steps in your journey or just need advise how to make things work or even working better. In the beginning I was really fond of these posts.
3. A great source of opinion when new things come out. And sharing of opinions about listening experiences and differences between the products on offer. I am very much liking the current discussions about the new streamers and look very much forward to the listening experiences when people get hold of the devices, including sharing my own expererience.
4. A great source of compassion when desired and wanted. I have seen quite often how people react in a warm manner when forum members are challenged in live.
5. It’s also a forum which has a certain openness to other products which are sometimes competing with Naim products. While sometimes the Hugo community is quite dominant.
6. It’s a great source for typical audiophile humor. And insiders jokes. Devices sounding broken, etc...
Of course also some things could improve:
7. People could also contribute a bit more. And not only consume what others produce. Every bodies opinion is useful and helps to get a broad picture. Specifically show experiences, musical experiences etc could be shared more.
8. More discussion would help. Very often the key opinions are only represented by a few individuals. It would help if all are stronger opiniated and don’t follow. It would give a richer view of things.
9. I would appreciate if more people share and discuss about musical experiences. As the forum is one of the important sources for exposure to new music, it can never be enough.