moved away from Naim

Having heard the Dave/Blu2 many times myself,I see why you like the Dave/Mscaler so much Tony.Why not separate the Dac/Mscaler from the streamer?Everyone here seem to be pushing you to give the ND555 another chance,but you clearly prefer the Chord combo,and it just works.I plan on a home demo of the Mscaler,possibly with the Hugo TT2 ,or  Qutest in the next little while.I will be feeding the Mscaler with my Core digital out,and also trying the digital out from my N272.These findings by you are great news for me,since my 272 appears to be losing value with the release of the new streamers...why not just hang onto it,convert it into a full time streamer.I do have a separate pre amp,Cary Audio,which I have been using for the past three weeks,Fed from the Core/272 digital out directly.Adding an Mscaler/Chord DAC would make a 5 box source,but since you can order black,with the Mscaler/TT 2,I think it would fit nicely on my Fraim,sound and look great,I happen to have 5 shelves.Keep the updates coming,I am very interested.

No quarter posted:

Having heard the Dave/Blu2 many times myself,I see why you like the Dave/Mscaler so much Tony.Why not separate the Dac/Mscaler from the streamer?Everyone here seem to be pushing you to give the ND555 another chance,but you clearly prefer the Chord combo,and it just works.I plan on a home demo of the Mscaler,possibly with the Hugo TT2 ,or  Qutest in the next little while.I will be feeding the Mscaler with my Core digital out,and also trying the digital out from my N272.These findings by you are great news for me,since my 272 appears to be losing value with the release of the new streamers...why not just hang onto it,convert it into a full time streamer.I do have a separate pre amp,Cary Audio,which I have been using for the past three weeks,Fed from the Core/272 digital out directly.Adding an Mscaler/Chord DAC would make a 5 box source,but since you can order black,with the Mscaler/TT 2,I think it would fit nicely on my Fraim,sound and look great,I happen to have 5 shelves.Keep the updates coming,I am very interested.

Yes the M Scaler is special

as it’s new to the market many have not had a chance to hear it.

yes connecting it to the uniti core breaths real life into your ripped CDs

analogmusic posted:

Msclaer with Dave is really one of the very few of the end game of digital sources and competitive with the very best available.... 

2 years on... I am delighted with my Dave 

Yes I am finding that the Dave on its own is a amazing Dac using it with the new Hugo M Scaler takes all your digital devices to another level blue ray players sound amazing.

Hi from the Chord site

The Hugo M Scaler is a highly advanced standalone upscaler capable of redefining sound quality from digital audio. It uses Rob Watts’ (our Digital Design Consultant’s) unique filter technology, the most advanced in the world, to upscale standard 44.1kHz digital audio up to 705.6kHz (16x CD’s 44.1kHz native resolution), ready to be passed to a suitable DAC; Hugo M Scaler extends its upscaling performance to 768kHz (from 96kHz input data) for our dual-BNC-input DACs: DAVE, Qutest and the new Hugo TT 2.

The Hugo M Scaler brings the unrivalled advantages of our ground-breaking FPGA-based WTA (Watts Transient Alignment) filtering technology to digitally connected audio devices, dramatically improving sound quality. Although optimised for use with selected Chord Electronics DACs (for the maximum 768kHz upscaling/decoding benefit), the Hugo M Scaler can be used with other DACs with suitable inputs, subject to their decoding capability.

The Hugo M Scaler’s compact form factor aligns with the TT (Table Top) series and has been designed to be stackable with other units in the range, including the TToby stereo power amp and the Hugo TT 2, to form a highly advanced yet space-saving system. In line with other models in the Hugo and Hugo TT series, the device features a number of illuminable fascia-mounted spherical controls, governing input selection, output sample rate and video mode for lower latency. The control spheres display data visually including input source and the incoming sample rate, using a polychromatic scale.

When partnered with either of Chord Electronics’ 768kHz-capable dual-BNC-input DACs, the Hugo M Scaler sets an astonishing technical benchmark for digital audio performance at it price point, redefining sound quality from digital audio.

Sold all my Naim gear (SN, CD5si, Allae, ND5XS/Fraimlite) except for NACA5 speakercable which performs perfectly with Pioneer surround receiver. The Pioneer has the MCACC roomcorrection so sound is much more to my likings now and furthermore the Focal's can be placed in front of me besides the TV cabinet, without booming bass. Clean, clear, solid sound. And of course no troubles what so ever with Spotify, Tidal, Deezer like the ND5XS/Qute 2 had.

Robiwan posted:

Sold all my Naim gear (SN, CD5si, Allae, ND5XS/Fraimlite) except for NACA5 speakercable which performs perfectly with Pioneer surround receiver. The Pioneer has the MCACC roomcorrection so sound is much more to my likings now and furthermore the Focal's can be placed in front of me besides the TV cabinet, without booming bass. Clean, clear, solid sound. And of course no troubles what so ever with Spotify, Tidal, Deezer like the ND5XS/Qute 2 had.

I did something similar in 2001. I got rid of  Linn Mimik II, Majik, Keilidhs, the Kustone plinths, and a tripod rack. I went to a Yamaha THX receiver, and all the home cinema gubbins that goes with it.

I refer to this period as my 13 years in the wilderness. While I felt I had lost nothing at the time, my music buying dropped off to near nothing and what I did buy wasn't great. 

In my experience, love of music is not universal across hifi at all. A decent system allows you to discover more, appreciate more, and broaden your palette. Even now, there are things I can enjoy on the main system but when I listen on the office system via the UQ2, they just don't make sense. So definitely think the better the hifi, the wider the music appreciation window.

You'll be back (maybe not to Naim). Hopefully it won't take 13 years of missed enjoyment like ir did me.

feeling_zen posted:
Robiwan posted:

I did something similar in 2001. I got rid of  Linn Mimik II, Majik, Keilidhs, the Kustone plinths, and a tripod rack. I went to a Yamaha THX receiver, and all the home cinema gubbins that goes with it.

I refer to this period as my 13 years in the wilderness. While I felt I had lost nothing at the time, my music buying dropped off to near nothing and what I did buy wasn't great. 

In my experience, love of music is not universal across hifi at all. A decent system allows you to discover more, appreciate more, and broaden your palette. Even now, there are things I can enjoy on the main system but when I listen on the office system via the UQ2, they just don't make sense. So definitely think the better the hifi, the wider the music appreciation window.

You'll be back (maybe not to Naim). Hopefully it won't take 13 years of missed enjoyment like ir did me.

Stopped listening to my music with Naim and now after "downgrading" enjoy it again. 

Add Reply

Likes (2)
mpwJoolzdee