Naim Fraim specs

RaceTripper posted:
ChrisSU posted:
RaceTripper posted:
varyat posted:

Def keep the phono stage on a top shelf if available- top shelf is the golden shelf on a Fraim. 

Why would the top shelf be best for a phonostage? I was a planning to go [from bottom up]: phonostage, ND5-XS, 282
The phonostage will have the med level. Everything else will be on std levels.

Assuming that the higher shelves are progressively further from PSUs on the lower shelves, and give some beneficial isolation, the more sensitive boxes might benefit most from it. The tiny signal going into the phono stage would be the most sensitive, even compared to other source signals. 

Having said that, I found that putting my 282 on the top shelf and NDX below sounded better than the other way around - but I have sold my turntable.

I am doing two stacks. One on the left for phonostage, ND5-XS and 282; and one on the right for HD-DR, NAPSC and 250DR. I would like the 282 on the top shelf since that's the one I will access for the controls and the phonostahe on the bottom since it has none.

OK, but still worth experimenting. The deciding factor may well be cable dressing and keeping them off the floor.

ChrisSU posted:
RaceTripper posted:
I am doing two stacks. One on the left for phonostage, ND5-XS and 282; and one on the right for HD-DR, NAPSC and 250DR. I would like the 282 on the top shelf since that's the one I will access for the controls and the phonostahe on the bottom since it has none.

OK, but still worth experimenting. The deciding factor may well be cable dressing and keeping them off the floor.

That may be. I am going to try it with phono on bottom and 282 on top first, since that is most ergonomically sound.

hungryhalibut posted:

You don’t really want the ND5 on the left, as it’s powered. I’d put it on the top on the right, with the hicap below and the 250 on the bottom. Put the napsc on the floor behind the rack.

When I play the turntable the ND5 is off. About the only time I play it when I am streaming music while working down the hall in my home office. It may work out better space-wise to stick to my plan, but I will take your advice with thanks under consideration.

Add Reply