Naim Supernait 2 + Nap 200 DR or 250 DR

Hi , not 100% sure if possible but could you not by eg a 282 and use your SN2 as power? Have limited experience of SN2 but in general I believe it is wise to prioritize the pre before power with naim amps.

That said and as already pointed out, looking at your sources might be the wisest move. That would in my experience include the use of rca-din interconnects.

The Supernait 2 is an excellent amplifier. If you want to improve the sound of your system then you need a better record player or CD player. Leave the Supernait/Hicap alone and spend the money on sources. Something like the Rega RP8 mentioned above, or a used Naim CDX2 would be perfect. 

Good morning, finally I have decided to abort the idea of moving from my Naim Supernait 2 to separate components. It could costs a fortune for my finances.
I will invest my efforts on sources. Maybe I will trade in my CD/SACD player Marantz SA-14 S1 Special Edition for the Marantz CD/SACD player SA-10. Is there a good signal XLR / Din cable in order to interface this player to my integrated amplifier Naim Supernait 2, please ? Or it is better to use a common RCA/RCA signal cable ?. Cheers.

Tramat posted:

Is there a good signal XLR / Din cable in order to interface this player to my integrated amplifier Naim Supernait 2, please ? Or it is better to use a common RCA/RCA signal cable ?. Cheers.

The best route is to use RCA > DIN cable (e.g. Naim Hi-Line).
There will be no benefit in using an XLR output, as Naim does not run a balanced architecture, compatible with XLR output-input.

Adam Zielinski posted:
Tramat posted:

Is there a good signal XLR / Din cable in order to interface this player to my integrated amplifier Naim Supernait 2, please ? Or it is better to use a common RCA/RCA signal cable ?. Cheers.

The best route is to use RCA > DIN cable (e.g. Naim Hi-Line).
There will be no benefit in using an XLR output, as Naim does not run a balanced architecture, compatible with XLR output-input.

Dear Adam, thank you for your kind reply. I will move to an RCA / 5 Pin Din connector. But ...... no Naim brand cable, more cheaper, are available for you ?

Tramat posted:

Dear Adam, thank you for your kind reply. I will move to an RCA / 5 Pin Din connector. But ...... no Naim brand cable, more cheaper, are available for you ?

There are some cable manufacturers that stock RCA > DIN. Chord being one of them.

If you don’t fancy splashing out on a ‘fancy interconnect’ I’d actually start with Naim’s standard ‘lavender’ one (RCA > DIN) for now.

Add Reply

Likes (1)
Tramat