ND555 Roadshows

Yes, quite. Musicfan took my comment in the spirit in which it was intended. I don’t understand why others feel the need to tell me how to phrase my posts. The Forum can get a bit too po-faced at times. I’d like to think we can all express ourselves how we see fit, within reason. 

For the first time in quite a while, I flicked through some Hi-Fi comics this week, and noticed that Hi-Fi News has the NDX2 down for an 'exclusive' review in its next issue (due out early August, IIRC) - presumably, that means that the NDX2 will have been 'finalised' some time ago, given the copy deadline etc.?

Sloop John B posted:
joerand posted:
hungryhalibut posted:

Wilson Benesch are based in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, which is not, to the best of my knowledge, part of Germany. 

"Wilson Benesch are based in Sheffield, South Yorkshire"

... why not just leave it at that?

musicfan51 was obviously misguided. No need for condescension.

It’s known as banter, lightens things a bit, adds a bit of humour. 

Your post on the other hand is supercilious at best, no banter, no humour, with the slight odour of malevolence.

.sjb 

your post is not super delicious towards Joerand too....

It doesn't take a lot of research to get a good picture of what was done to the country, its population its language and its hierarchy after our defeat in 1066. And as if that wasn't convenient enough to forget, we are "ruled" over by a German monarchy. But Sheffield is definitely in England. 

Harry posted:

It doesn't take a lot of research to get a good picture of what was done to the country, its population its language and its hierarchy after our defeat in 1066. And as if that wasn't convenient enough to forget, we are "ruled" over by a German monarchy. But Sheffield is definitely in England. 

Actually, Sheffield is in God's own county of Yorkshire, which is quite a different thing, tha knows. 

dave marshall posted:
Harry posted:

Actually, Sheffield is in God's own county of Yorkshire, which is quite a different thing, tha knows. 

Yorkshire for England is like Corsica for France ?

dave marshall posted:
Harry posted:

Well, all right then. 

Some of you readers of HiFiCritic might want to know that Martin will publish his review of NDX-2 against ND555, both on 555DR, in the next issue. As a matter of fact, they just have received the NDX-2 last week and are burning it in. 😝

I still don’t know which I should order first, Vol 12 No 2 or ND555.

Chag -

Chag... posted:

Some of you readers of HiFiCritic might want to know that Martin will publish his review of NDX-2 against ND555, both on 555DR, in the next issue. As a matter of fact, they just have received the NDX-2 last week and are burning it in. 😝

I still don’t know which I should order first, Vol 12 No 2 or ND555.

Chag -

I do not see any review of the NDX 2 on Vol. 12 No. 2. Perhaps you should just order the ND555 and forget about the review ...

I went to a presentation last night of B & W 800D at my local SW London dealer. He said about two weeks ago that it was doubtful if their demo ND555 would be with them. If the player was not available and it wasn't then he would be happy to use a heavily modified Linn LP12 with the Stiletto plinth. The TT did not disgrace itself, for from it. No news when the new streamer would be in store.

Douglas.

Dustysox posted:

Hi all,

Forgive me if i’ve missed this, is Roon “live” on the ND555 or is it a feature to be added in the future?

It will be a Roon ‘endpoint’ like the new Unitis. You will, of course, also need a Roon ‘Core’ running on a computer, NAS or whatever, somewhere on your network. 

If I am lucky enough to get my wife to agree to let me purchase a Naim ND555, how much is an NDS worth that was purchased new 2015?  I would have to keep my 555dr as new ones have gone up in price yet again . So in USA dollars what would you ask for NDS unit on it’s own ? It cost $12,900 when I bought it  in 2015 I believe . 

musicfan51 posted:

If I am lucky enough to get my wife to agree to let me purchase a Naim ND555, how much is an NDS worth that was purchased new 2015?  I would have to keep my 555dr as new ones have gone up in price yet again . So in USA dollars what would you ask for NDS unit on it’s own ? It cost $12,900 when I bought it  in 2015 I believe . 

In the uk I would expect around £4750 for an immaculate 2015 one inc box and all accessories, inc two burndies.

Mr Happy posted:
musicfan51 posted:

In the uk I would expect around £4750 for an immaculate 2015 one inc box and all accessories, inc two burndies.

That would be about $6200 in American dollars! Gives me something to go on. Thanks . 

musicfan51 posted:
Mr Happy posted:
musicfan51 posted:

That would be about $6200 in American dollars! Gives me something to go on. Thanks . 

40% of 12,900, so about 7500 dollars seems a good price.  Prices in the uk are the cheapest.

In France, the prices for 2015 nds are around 6000/6500 euros with burndys.

French Rooster posted:
musicfan51 posted:
Mr Happy posted:
musicfan51 posted:

40% of 12,900, so about 7500 dollars seems a good price.  Prices in the uk are the cheapest.

In France, the prices for 2015 nds are around 6000/6500 euros with burndys.

$7500 huh! Hmmm.  I wonder if that is a good starting point ?  I was thinking 50% of retail. Around $6450 for an NDS made in 2015. But love the $7500 figure . 😊.  Right now I do not even know when the first Naim ND555 will arrive in the USA. 

The price of used NDS will likely fall fast once ND555 and NDX2 are available in numbers in your market. Don't forget that Naim think NDX2 sounds better than NDS, so the price of a new NDX2 (£5000 inc tax in UK) will probably establish the NDS used price ceiling as somewhat below that.

best

David

David Hendon posted:

The price of used NDS will likely fall fast once ND555 and NDX2 are available in numbers in your market. Don't forget that Naim think NDX2 sounds better than NDS, so the price of a new NDX2 (£5000 inc tax in UK) will probably establish the NDS used price ceiling as somewhat below that.

best

David

I'm not sure that anyone in Naim have said that NDX2 will sound better than NDS.

From what I recall it was reported that the NDS was discontinued because it was not sufficiently better than NDX2 to warrant the price difference, but that implied to me that NDS would still be slightly better than NDX2

Add Reply

Likes (0)