ND555 with single 555DR vs NDS with two 555DRs

Max_B posted:
MangoMonkey posted:

I could get a second 555DR for my NDS today.

Indeed? Then what are you doing sitting there at the computer? Go out and buy it! There's already a long queue of people in front of the store.

Naim, please, build something – whatever – that has a third 555PS socket, for powering the logo..

Powering the logo or powering the ego? Please don't say 'Both,' I need a clear answer.

Haim Ronen posted:
Max_B posted:
MangoMonkey posted:

I could get a second 555DR for my NDS today.

Indeed? Then what are you doing sitting there at the computer? Go out and buy it! There's already a long queue of people in front of the store.

Naim, please, build something – whatever – that has a third 555PS socket, for powering the logo..

Powering the logo or powering the ego? Please don't say 'Both,' I need a clear answer.

Powering the Lego

badlands posted:

Spend the money on better speakers!!!!!!!!!!!

Haim Ronen posted:
MangoMonkey posted:

Lazy Saturday morning ....

Going mountain biking now

Please, don't run into the windmills of your mind.

kudos super 20 speakers are fine, but nds/552/500 deserve better speakers.  The second 555ps should not be a priority.  I agree with you.

Nice time mountain biking today. The Pacific  Northwest probably has the best mountain biking in the world. I'm lucky enough to live 20 minutes away from Duthie Hill - a mountain bike park.

It's as addicting as Naim. You're thinking of nothing else as you bike uphill and then again downhill.

I've been biking since about two years now, have been doing it with my son. Spent the first 6 months just running after him - pushing him uphill and running full speed downhills.

He turned 7 last month, and is already faster and nimbler than me.

Almost went over the handle bars today. Was going too fast for my own good.

NDS/552/500 playing Paul Simon in the evening. 

Reading "Ready Player One" - and realize we are living in done of the best times that humanity has seen - and in one of the best places too.

Peace is all too uncommon. A little prayer of gratitude is called for.

The post was just a teaser. I think I am done buying electronics for this lifetime.

opinions on 1 or 2 555ps are divided ....Martin Colloms in hificritic magazine tried both and preferred one ps on the nds. Harry, forum member, preferred and has 2 555ps....

If i had no money restrictions, i would do that, but only as ice on the cake upgrade.  In other cases, i would put the 8k in other upgrades, like chord music power cords or interconnects...

A reduction from two to one 555PS on the streamer is an integral component of my Plan A... the plan to fund an ND555.

Assumptions have been made, of course (1- the retail price of the ND555, 2- its power supply requirement will be minumum one 555PS, 3- the resale value of an NDS, etc), but so long as my guestimates on these numbers are fairly accurate, selling one of my 555PS's will enable me to buy an ND555.   I've spent a good three hours slaving over an Excel spreadsheet to establish this.

And "what about Plan B ?", I hear you ask...  Plan B is still a work in progress involving a complete switch from CD replay to streaming as being my primary, and only digital source.

Don't even ask about Plan C... that could involve Scotland, or perhaps a remote monastry... who knows?   I'm trying not to get too far ahead of myself 

Roger

rjstaines posted:

A reduction from two to one 555PS on the streamer is an integral component of my Plan A... the plan to fund an ND555.

Assumptions have been made, of course (1- the retail price of the ND555, 2- its power supply requirement will be minumum one 555PS, 3- the resale value of an NDS, etc), but so long as my guestimates on these numbers are fairly accurate, selling one of my 555PS's will enable me to buy an ND555.   I've spent a good three hours slaving over an Excel spreadsheet to establish this.

And "what about Plan B ?", I hear you ask...  Plan B is still a work in progress involving a complete switch from CD replay to streaming as being my primary, and only digital source.

Don't even ask about Plan C... that could involve Scotland, or perhaps a remote monastry... who knows?   I'm trying not to get too far ahead of myself 

Roger

Thinking of plan C myself.... :-)

Question: What can be better on a cold winter night than a nice barrel of cinnamon scented rum, a pirate asks his mates. Nothing right?

Answer: Wrong! Two barrels of cinnamon scented rum!

So ND555 with 2 555PS DR for me please! But If that's not possible, I'm not sure Naim takes these things seriously anymore, I'm afraid!

Likes (0)