New to Naim: Nova vs 272 vs ND5XS and 250DR vs 300DR

Ardbeg10y posted:

Its not only the Tellurium Brigade which is absent, the Hugo Huggers are shockingly silent ... Where is e.g. IB when you need him???

Away on holiday with a poor internet connection and plenty of things to keep me distracted, despite absence of music!

i did contribute to this thread earlier, though I believe I may have been remiss in not mentioning Hugo. I nay fix that when I have a spare moment!

Ardbeg10y posted:

Its not only the Tellurium Brigade which is absent, the Hugo Huggers are shockingly silent ... Where is e.g. IB when you need him???

I'm listening to Tidal through my Hugo in the garden which is robust and reliable and doesn't cut off every two minutes........

Hungryhalibut posted:

I'm pleased your garden is robust and reliable. It makes a pleasant change from strong and stable. 

Some of the weeds are pretty strong and stable Nigel, plus anything could be hiding out there in the wilds, it's not safe to move too far from the patio until the Gardner comes on Sunday but it s a lot cooler than in our living room at the moment.

perizoqui posted:
james n posted:

Out of interest have you not considered the DAVE with your present McIntosh integrated ?

I have... the sad bit is that I don't have a dealer nearby for any of these things. It's hard to spend that kind of cash on something without listening to it in your own rig first. If I bought it in conjunction with a new rig that'd be different as that would become the full setup. The Hugo 2 would be a more reasonable proposition given the price difference. Maybe I should...

I found a dealer in UK who was willing to send Dave (and Hugo TT) by mail to my remote island location for trial, though I had to pay the full cost upfront as a deposit. It may be worth inquiring of suppliers in USA at least tomsee if they would do the same - or even further afield like UK, thoughbthe hsipping charge both directions may be significant,

Likes (0)