Random Play

As I sit here while Roon uses its Radio function to trawl through my library to brilliant effect, I want to ask whether Naim might give us something similar in the Naim app, or at least the Random play function which was a feature of N-Serve, which was not the same thing, but nevertheless opened the library door. I never understood why it wasn’t carried over to the Naim App.

Original Post

If you are using android you can use the Bubble UPnP App to let generate a random list of tracks that you can add to the playlist (some or all). It only requires an UPnP server that supports "UPnP Search" like minimserver. The synology media server unfortunately does not support this.

If you also have installed the Bubble UPnP Server e.g. on your NAS you can play the tracks via this server. So your smartphone or tablet is no longer required to tell your streamer which track to play next, making the track advancing more robust.

I have a NAS in my holiday home, with my entire collection, and I want a straightforward way to get it to play tracks randomly through a Muso. It needs to be really simple, so I can explain to my non tech family how to make it work. The Smiths followed by Debussy would be no problem, but entire albums of either might be. 

Add Reply

Likes (1)
MichaeldeWaard