RCA to DIN cable

Hi Guys

Does anyone know where I could get a decent cable made so I can connect the RCA out from my turntable pre-amp (Rega Fono MM MK3) to the analogue DIN input on my Uniti Star?

This will free up the useful Analoge input for something else of course.

Marc

Original Post

It all depends on price a used Chord Chrysalis or Crimson will cost around £30 whilst a Chord Music a few thousand. 

Unless you specify a price it’s hard to give advice and there are many companies selling RCA - DIN so you don’t need to have them made. 

Look up Flashback cables for a budget brand new cable. 

FlasbackSales do a good selection of Naim-style leads and provided me with exactly what you're after. As it was for a TT I wasn't bothered about it being the absolute best cable in the world ever, just that it gave the correct connectivity. About twenty quid, works for me.

Since we are at it, I have a RCA-to-DIN5 Hi-Line that I have purchased S/H from a dealer in London late last year. I had it on my Hugo to my 252. I was delighted with it. I am convinced it  contributed to make the little DAC compete with the.. NDS. 🤓

Chag -

Well I’ve splashed out on a new cable, Almost!!!

£1.74 for a gold plated 5 pin DIN connector, a quick google to confirm the pin connections and cannibalising a half decent RCA to XLR cable I’ve had in a box in the garage for 5 years.

Sounds better than the cheapo RCA to RCA I was using and I’ve got my Analoge RCA input free again :-)

Likes (0)