My front end for the past couple of years has been the Sonore ultraRendu > SingXer F1.
Last weekend a friend came over with his DCS Network Bridge. This had a tad more resolution and a tad more dynamics - as well as greatly simplifying the spaghetti of cables & LT3045s I have cleaning the DC. All for £3,250.
This got me thinking, the thoughts including:
- Is it really worth an additional £2k?
- What about the Auralic G1 or G2?
- Which effects the SQ more, the F1 or the uR? and
- How good is the SOtM Trifecta?
So, I have bought the SOtM Trifecta with a 30 day money back guarantee, this comprises:
- SOtM 200ultra 12V with clock input;
- SOtM sps500 PSU; and
- SOtM txUSB 12V with clock input; and
- DC Y cable - copper, they will send me the silver when it is in.
Will this simplify my system? NOT AT ALL. These three boxes will replace just my ultraRendu!
Reports to follow.