Streaming new vs older recordings

French Rooster posted:
Innocent Bystander posted:
French Rooster posted:

I downloaded recently a relative recent album of Clapton, a tribute to JJ Cale, on 24/96 from Qobuz.   Album and sound is very good.

Not in danger of being converted, are you? 

Already converted IB.  great moments with my nds, but also my turntable.  I hope I understood your question well....?

Yes it seems so!

Bob the Builder posted:

I meant that in my experience though both analogue and digital both carry the same signal to my ears and in my experience an analogue replay system always lets a larger and bigger signal through than digital.  It was a simple analogy and probably anatomically in correct but I thought it was an easy way of expressing my opinion.

Strange, because vinyl has more inherent constraints than digital, hence if you want to relate it to blood vessels it could be argued that vinyl equates to the smaller vessel. However, as I said in an earlier post so much depends on the mastering, which in either case could make much worse than the best of which the medium is capable, and there certainly is poor digital music around, which might explain your experience.

However, maybe this is diverting a bit far from the theme of this thread, except insofar as some older recordings may have started out analogue.

Add Reply

Likes (0)