System Pics 2017

Oh, ok, thanks for that, I thought it was a bad case of the sun bleaching the left hand speaker, phew. One of my friends had a pair of oak Wharfdale Diamond (I think) and he had one placed in a bay window, in the end it looked as though he had one oak speaker and one maple speaker!!

it might be an idea to put the camera on a tripod, or something sturdy, and manually set the camera for a longer exposure, this will even up the shadows that your equipment is in, and balance the speaker colour up. No offence intended but I did do a part time course on photography and really found that this helps. Happy 2017 to everyone, when it comes.

Kermit posted:

Finkfan, be VERY careful! Please read my post above to Hungryhalibut.

Many thanks

Thanks @Kermit. This is only a very temp position.  No direct sunlight and most of the time the curtains are slightly drawn to guarantee this! My good lady wife isn't thrilled about this, but it is a very temporary compromise for the next month or so till my office is ready. 

MDS posted:
rjstaines posted:

The system as at December 2016

Goodness me. That's one impressive system you have there sir. 

Nothing missing front the Naim Catalog and some more.... i can not fallow what is what  Enjoy it!

If the average person would be like you sir naim was far better than apple financially! 

What do you have there as a headphone rig? Stax? 

Emre posted:
MDS posted:
rjstaines posted:

Nothing missing front the Naim Catalog and some more.... i can not fallow what is what  Enjoy it!

If the average person would be like you sir naim was far better than apple financially! 

Yes Emre, Stax.  The cans are SR009s and the energiser is the (4 valve) SRM-007tII Kimik.   The sound is rather special but comes nowhere near what the Diamond 802s deliver.

rjstaines posted:

System as at 1965  (that's fifty something years ago, before I discovered Naim)

I just realised... note the similarity... two turntables in 1965,  two turntables in 2016.  Just not the same two turntables. 

Oh, and the record collection's grown since then too, from a few 7"  to a few more than that LPs.

rjstaines posted:
Emre posted:
MDS posted:
rjstaines posted:

Yes Emre, Stax.  The cans are SR009s and the energiser is the (4 valve) SRM-007tII Kimik.   The sound is rather special but comes nowhere near what the Diamond 802s deliver.

Much as a I like good quality headphones I've yet to hear a pair that can match the wonderful feeling through your feet and chest that a decent set of floor standing speakers can deliver.  

MDS posted:
rjstaines posted:

Much as a I like good quality headphones I've yet to hear a pair that can match the wonderful feeling through your feet and chest that a decent set of floor standing speakers can deliver.  

You're absolutely on the button, MDS 

MDS posted:
rjstaines posted:
Emre posted:
MDS posted:
rjstaines posted:

You can get loud without waking up the kids and I still get complaints with Hd800 and elear

Drewy posted:
Adam Zielinski posted:

Main change this year: NDS and a pre-loved 252

I like that. Very neat and a lot of thought must have gone into that with the cables routing 

Indeed - there are special wide-diamater holes inside the strucure. 

NAP 250Dr is actually hidden under the NAC - what looks like a drawer is actually a flap that hides it. Mains and LAN sockets are below, NACA5 is routed behind the skirting and easily accessible. 

Stands for the CDX2 and it's PSU are custom made. Glass is 10 mm toughned glass resting on VibraPods. 

Adam Zielinski posted:

Another one of those rare pics that show how a system can be part of the home and the furniture and still satisfy all audio placement requests. Mechanical isolation, visual enjoyment... All in place. Compliments.

Winter look

DSC_2

I am not enclosing any close-ups since in our constantly changing world our music system seems to be the only non variant element. Under the LP 12, on a Quadraspire are sitting the same Naim electronics (Nait 3, 3.5 player, two Flatcaps purchased in December of 1999) and a Luxman tuner. The speakers are Proac Response 1.5. The room is cosy with very good acoustics and a nice view to the wooded back yard. There is a particular synergy between the speakers and the Naim player, both using fractions (0.5) with their model numbers.

Haim Ronen posted:

Winter look

I am not enclosing any close-ups since in our constantly changing world our music system seems to be the only non variant element. Under the LP 12, on a Quadraspire are sitting the same Naim electronics (Nait 3, 3.5 player, two Flatcaps purchased in December of 1999) and a Luxman tuner. The speakers are Proac Response 1.5. The room is cosy with very good acoustics and a nice view to the wooded back yard. There is a particular synergy between the speakers and the Naim player which are both sharing fractions (0.5) with their model number.

Can I come live at your place? 

Kidding of course, but this looks like a place where I could hibernate, as we all know 'winter is coming'..!! Looks and comfort seem to be top-notch! Enjoy!

Massimo Bertola posted:
Adam Zielinski posted:

Another one of those rare pics that show how a system can be part of the home and the furniture and still satisfy all audio placement requests. Mechanical isolation, visual enjoyment... All in place. Compliments.

Caro Max - grazzie mile. 

Adam

Kermit posted:

Oh, ok, thanks for that, I thought it was a bad case of the sun bleaching the left hand speaker, phew. One of my friends had a pair of oak Wharfdale Diamond (I think) and he had one placed in a bay window, in the end it looked as though he had one oak speaker and one maple speaker!!

it might be an idea to put the camera on a tripod, or something sturdy, and manually set the camera for a longer exposure, this will even up the shadows that your equipment is in, and balance the speaker colour up. No offence intended but I did do a part time course on photography and really found that this helps. Happy 2017 to everyone, when it comes.

That wouldn't make any difference as it wouldn't change the relative illumination on the two speakers. If a flash was used then other than more sophisticated flash methods the answer would be to be about equidistant from the two speakers, but it doesn't look as if flash is the cause, rather there may be a window illuminating the left speaker more than the right (?). This of course is a topic for a different place, and in any case the apparent mismatch doesn't detract from the subject, showing the beauty of the speakers (for those that like wood)...