System Pics 2017

Chalshus posted:

This is how it looks here at the moment. Going through The Complete Village Vanguard Recordings, 1961 with Bill Evans. Perfect music for a lazy sunday. Sold my Rega RP6 and got a Kuzma Stabi S with Stogi S 12 VTA arm. PU is an Audio Technica AT33PTG/II. Plays with a lot of involvement in the music. 

Your profile still says you have SBLs, as well as an RP6, whereas those look like Harbeths, SHL5s maybe?  How do you find they they compare?

Ardbeg10y posted:
Mort2k posted:

Morning All. Couple of pictures of the system as it stands. 2017 has brought Fraim and NDX both being a huge step forward and amazing additions. 

That soundbar must have an inferiority complex. Poor thing.

Don't the SBLs boom being so close to the wall? Does the left one disperse well over your sofa?

Lol @ the sound bar. It’s going soon, the black cable you can see is a digital out into the NDX from the TV, Naim 1 Soundbar 0 👍🏻

As pointed out the SBL are designed to go to the wall so all good. The sofa has been moved around and removed as a test and does not appear to impact negatively. 

Rob

tonyi posted:
Mort2k posted:

Morning All. Couple of pictures of the system as it stands. 2017 has brought Fraim and NDX both being a huge step forward and amazing additions. 

Festive addition to the rack 

Thanks for looking

Rob

Hi Rob,

I assume you removed the speakers from their cabinets. Did you find the foam behind the mid/bass units had disintegrated and was falling into the "filter"? I had to get the drawing and specification of the foam from Naim as they didn't have any.  Trying to find the correct type was very time consuming especially as I was evaluating a 252 at the time.

Tony

Sorry Rob,

I should have noticed that Naim had rebuilt them. Please can you tell me when they were done

My system is a bit more prosaic than the majority here, but as I've just got a lovely new Cymbiosis built LP12 I'm going to share some photos anyway…

LP12/Lingo 3/NaimUniti/Neat Motive 2 – mfSystem custom shelving
Close-up with Arcade Fire's Everything Now

Sounding fabulous, even though I know the placement and room isn't great at the moment.  Nice to know it's going to get even better…

Simon

PS I gave up on painting the Target wall shelf… Tiger Paw VulKan once there's someone a bit more sensible to fit it.

Mort2k posted:

Festive addition to the rack 

Thanks for looking

Rob

Lovely classic system Rob.

You're in for a real treat when you activate those SBLs, love mine, wouldn't part with them for anything. Are those Mana soundbases under them?

Can I suggest a set of chips for the Fraim, apart from protecting the floor they have a surprising sonic benefit.

Bob the Builder posted:
Stevee_S posted:
Eoink posted:

PMC Twenty5.23s fed by a Nova, sounding excellent after a few weeks of running in, they look pretty lovely as well, the Nova is stylish and the PMCs look classy.

Really liking the look of that set up Eoink, congratulations. 

Lovely system Eoink, one very small tweak could be to maybe put Naim glass, cups and balls under the Nova.

Thanks Bob, I'm waiting to see feedback about successful stands for the new Unitis to work out what to do. It's currently sitting on an oak side table,and sounding pretty good As people get experience with the Unitis and see what stand types work, I'll look to tailor the stand based on that. My NDX/Olives sit on an oak Hifi Racks stand downstairs, and I really like that. I'm hoping that whatever it finally sits on will fit inside the screen I had made to hide the ugly cabling below.

@Bert Schurink It's a good point. I did try it with several different configurations, I got a wider soundtage from the PMCs with them more widely spread, but nothing else seemed to change. The soundstage doesn't make a lot of difference to me, so I went for the setup you see as I think it looks nicer. (Heresy I know to go for looks rather than sound, but it doesn't impact the things that matter to me in presentation.)

achique99 posted:

Gorgeous SBL and Fraim Rob!! Congrats on your new purchases. As what Bazz mentioned, yes you should add fraim chips for the sonic. I just got mine for the Allaēs last week from Leicester.

Cheers, Nasa

Thanks everyone for the comments. 

Lovley speakers !

I have chips under the mana stands that the SBL are on. Need to sort the ones for Fraim at some point. 

Rob

Tony2011 posted:
Hungryhalibut posted:

Cleverly done through a bit of glass(crystal), Nigel. For a moment I thought you were stuck inside a washing machine in your living room. 

My first thought was a gold fish bowl... but I suspect it would be small for a halibut.

Simon Everest posted:

My system is a bit more prosaic than the majority here, but as I've just got a lovely new Cymbiosis built LP12 I'm going to share some photos anyway…

Sounding fabulous, even though I know the placement and room isn't great at the moment.  Nice to know it's going to get even better…

Simon

PS I gave up on painting the Target wall shelf… Tiger Paw VulKan once there's someone a bit more sensible to fit it.

That's a very nice plinth on your LP12, Simon. Is it a Harban?

I too would like to use a Vulkan wall shelf, but have a dry lined wall, which would necessitate some complex wall fasteners.

Clive B posted:

That's a very nice plinth on your LP12, Simon. Is it a Harban?

Thank you! No, it’s a Simon Price Simplinth in Walnut - my wife and I liked the Woodsong plinths, particularly the more polished finish, compared to the matt finish on factory plinths or normal Simplinths. But Simon agreed to provide a slightly more glossy finish, and we’ve ended up with a lovely half way house with a really nice grain.

Only slight cloud on the horizon is it’s making my walnut Neats look a bit orange in comparison. First world problems…

Simon

This thread has gone a bit quiet of late so i'm popping it back up the forum list. The Shahinian Compass speakers have been the main change for me this year, having been on my list of things to try for quite a while. I'm really enjoying what they do and i suspect they will be around for quite a while. A bit of recent DIY work making up some new speaker cable based on the recommended Mogami 2972 has been the icing on the cake.

2017 also brought a Nait 1 into the house. I'd always wanted one (having gone straight to a pre-power when i had my first Naim amps) so when a mint, recently Naim serviced example appeared for sale i snapped it up. After reminding myself for a few weeks how much fun Naim integrated amps can be, it's now safely back in its box ready for a future project.

Looking forward to seeing the 2018 System Pictures thread 

james n posted:

This thread has gone a bit quiet of late so i'm popping it back up the forum list. The Shahinian Compass speakers have been the main change for me this year, having been on my list of things to try for quite a while. I'm really enjoying what they do and i suspect they will be around for quite a while. A bit of recent DIY work making up some new speaker cable based on the recommended Mogami 2972 has been the icing on the cake.

2017 also brought a Nait 1 into the house. I'd always wanted one (having gone straight to a pre-power when i had my first Naim amps) so when a mint, recently Naim serviced example appeared for sale i snapped it up. After reminding myself for a few weeks how much fun Naim integrated amps can be, it's now safely back in its box ready for a future project.

Looking forward to seeing the 2018 System Pictures thread 

Very stylish, James, even to the point of the song being played. 

Simon Everest posted:

Simon

I have just ordered a Tiger Paw Vulcan board to go on my Custom design wall shelf to either replace the glass or go in between the shelf and the glass depending on which sounds better.

Simon Everest posted:

Simon

Looks very nice, AT VM 540 ML cartridge?