System Pics 2018

christoph posted:

hi all, new flywheel and sds (power adapter and speed control) for the vpi, oppo 203 instead of dvd 5 (passed away), tom waits, orphans, vinyl (), same dog! happy christmas days for all! Christoph 

Good looking system with a serious looking turntable.  I particularly like the adorable Golden Retriever. 

HiFiman posted:
Joolzdee posted:
HiFiman posted:

Only change from last years system pics is the NAP250 from 1985 serviced a few months back at Naim and sounds immense.

Please could you tell me where the white rack is from?

Great looking system. 

Thanks Joolzdee. It' a cheap Ikea Kallax £25 with a home made adjustment where the XP5xs sits.

Very neat looking.

This is one of my favourite threads and we're already seeing some great looking systems.  However, am I the only person that finds having to constantly scroll through the same pictures in the "reply with quotes" posts frustrating?

Perhaps I should change my name to Mr Grumpy....... 

Johnell posted:

This is one of my favourite threads and we're already seeing some great looking systems.  However, am I the only person that finds having to constantly scroll through the same pictures in the "reply with quotes" posts frustrating?

Perhaps I should change my name to Mr Grumpy....... 

No need to simply hit the "reply with quote" button, when it's so straightforward to edit the original post, either by reducing the picture to thumbnail size, or deleting it altogether, leaving the original text intact, if you so wish.

Some folks do this in the "What are you listening to" thread within the Music Room topic, in order to avoid, as you say, endless scrolling down the page, especially if one is viewing the forum on a phone, for example, as opposed to a laptop.

Mind you, not using the "reply" button can result in having to scroll backwards through the topic, which is equally annoying.

Mr. Grumpy too. 

I was half tempted to reply and quote all of the pictures posted to date, but in this new joyous world of The Ashes taking their rightful home (anywhere but England!), I will bore you with only one picture; a re-arranged listening room and the system on Fraim (full and 'lite). The CD player could do with a glass shelf in smoked grey and the logos on the NAT03 and S'Cap could do with refreshing and that red light on the TMS PSU really annoys me. Perhaps a new cover plate for the RMS TT shelf as well. But these are minor changes, to be done at leisure. Of course with the wrong speakers in the system and sources of dubious merit it sounds terrible.

Matty, when you take the picture on the phone or pad, select the private rather than public option, so you don’t need to add a caption. Once the picture is uploaded, if you press on it one of the options is copy link. I think it’s the bottom left of the various options. That’s the one to copy into the top of the boxes that you will get when you click the little mountain in the Forum reply box. I always use my pad to do it as I have never managed to get the mountain on the phone. I took the pictures at the beginning of the thread with an iPhone 8, which seems to have a better camera than my iPad mini 4. I mail  the pictures to myself and then save them to the iPad, and then upload to imgur. I’m sure there is an easier way, but it works for me. There is probably airdrop or something I don’t understand. I hope you find at least some of that vaguely helpful. 

Hungryhalibut posted:

I took the pictures at the beginning of the thread with an iPhone 8, which seems to have a better camera than my iPad mini 4. I mail  the pictures to myself and then save them to the iPad, and then upload to imgur. I’m sure there is an easier way, but it works for me. There is probably airdrop or something I don’t understand.

You’re probably not interested but... if you have the same iCloud account on both iPhone and iPad then you can set it up to share the same Photo Library.  On both devices check the settings, Accounts and Passwords section and your iCloud account turn everything on under Photos.

Alternatiely can’t you just upload from your iPhone to imgur?

Hungryhalibut posted:

Matty, when you take the picture on the phone or pad, select the private rather than public option, so you don’t need to add a caption. Once the picture is uploaded, if you press on it one of the options is copy link. I think it’s the bottom left of the various options. That’s the one to copy into the top of the boxes that you will get when you click the little mountain in the Forum reply box. I always use my pad to do it as I have never managed to get the mountain on the phone. I took the pictures at the beginning of the thread with an iPhone 8, which seems to have a better camera than my iPad mini 4. I mail  the pictures to myself and then save them to the iPad, and then upload to imgur. I’m sure there is an easier way, but it works for me. There is probably airdrop or something I don’t understand. I hope you find at least some of that vaguely helpful. 

HH

on your iPhone turn it to landscape and you will get the controls for formatting and the mountain for picture inserting

Rob

18F2E07B-7D14-4483-B478-C4460485B1B4

Same basic system as last year (552-300-SL2) but with fraim no longer between the speakers. 

Experimenting with source with 2 DACs-  a Hugo TT and Holo Spring. The Holo to allow upsampling to DSD to see what all the fuss is about. 

Hiding there is also an ultraRendu and Singxer SU1. 

.sjb

Attachments

Photos (1)
TOBYJUG posted:

At last someone sensible enough to have the TV between the speakers.

When inspector Morse drives of in a huff, your head won't need scratching !!

I suppose it's all a question of how much TV you watch and, if you're not watching/listening to TV, whether you'd rather look at a big blank screen, or a beautiful painting / sculpture / log fire etc whilst listening to real music.....;-)

Add Reply

Likes (18)
ChetBakerAlcide NikopolNo quarterRevoliñoIvo BMuttonjefkmoldskredChag...JTBnigelbRomiNorthern SoulAdamxjcitsmanna.diabelliFolkmanKlydejames n