System Pics 2018

mpw posted:
spurrier sucks posted:

New TT up and running. Pro-Ject Debut Carbon with acrylic platter,speed box s and Schiit Mani phono stage. Good re entry to vinyl. 

Hi

How many meters of naca5 behind the speakers  ?

Nice system BTW

Regards 

There is a 5m pair now. I did have 3.5m but picked up the 5m as I’m planning on getting a dedicated rack for my Naim gear and the 3.5m wasn’t going to be long enough to reach the right speaker. 

Tganks. 

Bob the Builder posted:
spurrier sucks posted:

New TT up and running. Pro-Ject Debut Carbon with acrylic platter,speed box s and Schiit Mani phono stage. Good re entry to vinyl. 

What does the Pro-Ject sound like ss?

It sounded pretty good what little I’ve heard. I compared to Tidal with same album and the TT was a bit warmer sounding. Didn’t think either was ”better” but they had a different presentation. Not a huge difference but different. Unfortunately a nasty hum has been detected and as of now the TT is gone. The guy I bought it from took it back to check if there was an issue with the TT but the hum didn’t follow the TT. Unless I get this issue fixed I will go back to all digital. 

spurrier sucks posted:
Bob the Builder posted:
spurrier sucks posted:

What does the Pro-Ject sound like ss?

It sounded pretty good what little I’ve heard. I compared to Tidal with same album and the TT was a bit warmer sounding. Didn’t think either was ”better” but they had a different presentation. Not a huge difference but different. Unfortunately a nasty hum has been detected and as of now the TT is gone. The guy I bought it from took it back to check if there was an issue with the TT but the hum didn’t follow the TT. Unless I get this issue fixed I will go back to all digital. 

Hum or rumble? I had both with my project debut carbon. An Earth wire was needed between the ground post of the TT and the amplifier. I have done a lot of tweakery on the TT to get rid of the rumble. There is a lot on the web regarding this.

Besides these peculiarities, the project debut carbon + ortofon red is an engaging TT.

Add Reply

Likes (18)
ChetBakerAlcide NikopolNo quarterRevoliñoIvo BMuttonjefkmoldskredChag...JTBnigelbRomiNorthern SoulAdamxjcitsmanna.diabelliFolkmanKlydejames n