@ PB, using the 808 for some years now, I actually had one of the first ever produced I believe, there is some upgrades worth considering:
1. Change the links: Music links are just what your speaker wants. Sarum way better then what’s supplied
2. Use a great cone under. Chords offering is great. Could be enough
3. Even better, contact Sonority and use their platform.
4. They respond very positive on speaker cables. Best is...Chord Music (no surprise there). Stupid price, awesome sound.
5. 30 cm from the wall gives me a very “involved speaker”, 40 a very beautiful one, 50 is like a Martin Logan bit with PRAT and bass. 30 is the my choice.