Uniti Atom/Nova/Star - New firmware - March/April 2018 Comments

Richard Dane posted:

Obsydian,

Just so I'm clear here, are you saying you contacted Naim and you're waiting for them to get back to you?  Who were in contact with at Naim?  I can then try to follow it up by enquiring for you.  

Hi Richard,

We have the contact details of everyone who has contacted us and as and when the R&D team need to contact any of the customers who have reported issues they are able to do so - at this time we have not been asked to contact any of them with any requirements.

Cheers

Phil

Richard Dane posted:

Obsydian,

Just so I'm clear here, are you saying you contacted Naim and you're waiting for them to get back to you?  Who were in contact with at Naim?  I can then try to follow it up by enquiring for you.  

Richard - my error (i think) I was replying to Power Reduction PS: Comment "p.s. I think we'll get an update when Naim have something more to say - I'd imagine they are busy trying to find out the why first. Has anyone here's unit gone back to the factory yet to be checked out?"

I think I will also have to go back to 2.4, I’ve had my Star for just one week, I only listened to a couple of tracks before updating from 2.4 to 2.6.

I was initially impressed with the “out of the box” sound I had before updated the firmware, I’m new to HiFi in that this is my first “proper” investment in high end audio, but I have to admit that after a week, I’m disappointed with the experience.

There's a distinct lack of emotion in the sound, if that makes sense.

Obsydian posted:

Reminds me I think Naim where timing about now for a new release, I think ...

yes mid June I think was mentioned, thing is though, are the people who are currently happy with 2.6 going to see another sonic change to appease those who are not? Seems either way there will be unhappy owners unless some mid-ground is found that everyone is happy with. I'm still ok with 2.6 on my Atom but have ordered a Nova which I'll have in about 2 weeks, fairly sure it's a recent build so may well come with 2.6 preloaded but either way I'm going to be hearing big differences regardless until I adjust to the Nova and it fully burns in etc - another sonic rollercoaster no doubt!

Add Reply

Likes (3)
Robert_FMarcus67JosefM