What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested? (Vol. XIV)

Jethro Tull - Heavy Horses - vinyl

As promised yesterday after a hard day’s gardening. Too many things to do on Sunday. But enjoying how the new 252 has brought this even more alive. An exciting interplay of strings and wind.

Felt like the horse yesterday as I dug the patches for the flowers. Added an arbor with the help of my former builder, now a retired handyman. Now we can enjoy the sun with some protection when it’s high in the sky. Must try that that Sauvignon Blanc seated with friends and Family in the arbor. Can see the appeal of a wireless speaker.

Phil

10cc, Sheet Music. Listening to ripped CD and sounding great, but this is one of those albums that has me investigating buying a record player to get the full experience.

Smartass, clever, clever, Art school, stuff perhaps, but clever it certainly is and some belting tunes. An all time fave. Joyous Album. 

kevin J Carden posted:

10cc, Sheet Music. Listening to ripped CD and sounding great, but this is one of those albums that has me investigating buying a record player to get the full experience.

Smartass, clever, clever, Art school, stuff perhaps, but clever it certainly is and some belting tunes. An all time fave. Joyous Album. 

"Oh Effendi" never fails to raise a smile ,but rocks aii the same 

Now Playing........

Stevie Wonder - Natural Wonder

Stevie Wonder - Natural Wonder

Streaming on NAS.......   released 23 years ago and contains 24 tracks collected from tour dates with different symphony orchestras. Not my favorite album by Stevie but it is worth the time to take out for a spin.........  Yes, "Love's In Need Of Love Today"  ...don't ...don't delay, send yours in right away.....    Stevie is fantastic!

Now Playing.......

Fred Simon - Remember The River

Fred Simon - Remember The River

Fred Simon (piano), Paul McCandless (soprano saxophone, oboe, english horn, bass clarinet, tin whistle), and Steve Rodby (acoustic bass).

Streaming on NAS.......  A hi-res 24/96 download from the Naim Records webpage that I purchase awhile ago. A beautiful album with wonderful performances by this trio. 

seakayaker posted:

Now Playing........

Antonio Forcione & Sarah Jane Morris

Antonio Forcione & Sarah Jane Morris - Compared to What

Streaming on TIDAL........  Recent mention of Antonio in another thread prompted me to give one of his albums a spin...... sounding mighty fine indeed!

I'd missed this as SJM is one of my favourites - August is a brilliant album IMV. 

Thank you SK for flagging this.

Looking forward  to seeing Kim and co. on Sunday.

I have liked all their albums but obviously their first 2 certainly rode the wave of the zeitgeist of their time.  

Thier lack of virtuosity gives the music the visceral impact of early rock n’ roll, there is  joy and impact in the simple sound of guitars, bass, drums and voice.

.sjb

Now Playing........

Jan Garbarek - Twelve Moons

Jan Garbarek - Twelve Moons

Jan Garbarek  (soprano saxophone, tenor saxophone, synthesizer), Rainer Brüninghaus  (piano, synthesizer), Eberhard Weber  (bass), Manu Katché  (drums), Marilyn Mazur  (percussion), Agnes Buen Garnås  (vocals), and Mari Boine Persen  (vocals).

Streaming on NAS........  Starting the day with Twelve Moons which is an album I recently purchased and I thoroughly enjoy and keep coming back to, simply beautiful!

ewemon posted:
nigelb posted:
ewemon posted:

Some blues rock.

Another belter from the Oracle - AKA Ewemon.

Thanks again, great shout.

Have a listen to his Gone to Texas album think you will like that as well.

Mike Zito And The Wheel - Gone To Texas

Tee'd up Gone To Texas on Tidal as Ewen suggested (he is rarely wrong) but thinking I have already probably heard the best of Mike Zito with Greyhound. Wrong!

After a steady start, Gone To Texas develops into a real belter.

And despite the scary stare, I am sure Mike is a lovely chap and loves his Mum.

Add Reply

Likes (19)
PixelPopperEoinkPeterDFMerckydav301lutyensCloyde SyfoxMinh NguyenDenisjGolf53Tabby catGazzaSlim68Ivo BHaim RonenClive BMDSjames nRedkev