What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested? (Vol. XIV)

etc etc etc 

Not what we're used to on this thread,  maybe I should rename it as  "what I've been listening to & why no one will be interested".

We've had a gathering of sorts tonite, some ladies arrived bearing gifts of bubbly & white stuff,  & something called blush.  Music was required,  so I obliged,  whatever they wanted (see above) I cranked it up & they seemed to be well impressed,  first it was the quality, the clarity, the bass, the music,  after a time the bubbly & blush seemed to be more important.     Anyhow they've all gone now, the hubby collection service (thank goodness) worked well. 

Now its me & "the party host" relaxing with something a bit more mellow,  Frank playing & Diana queued up.   

TOBYJUG posted:
dknk posted:

Goldfrapp - Silver Eye (2017) 24/44 flac. Someone mentioned this group a few pages ago, I like, so I bought. Turn it up.

Funny how so many contemporary artists feel they need to obscure their identity.

must be a sign of the age.......

Or a sign or her age:>

SteveH posted:
TOBYJUG posted:
dknk posted:

Goldfrapp - Silver Eye (2017) 24/44 flac. Someone mentioned this group a few pages ago, I like, so I bought. Turn it up.

Funny how so many contemporary artists feel they need to obscure their identity.

must be a sign of the age.......

Or a sign or her age:&gt

She's 52 - but she still looks very good...

Lee Morgan, Hank Mobley, Curtis Fuller - Monday nights at the Birdland.

Birdland was the Mecca for most modernists of the 50s. It was the only club in New York City where a big band could play. Bookings were mostly for solid two-week periods. On Monday nights the regulars were off, and the legendary jazz disk jockey Symphony Sid (1909-1984) ran one of his jam sessions with young, upand-coming, cutting edge local musicians. Anything could happen and frequently did, as these outstanding performances, recorded on two consecutive Monday nights, on April 21 and 28 1958, show. Anyone who was anyone in 50s jazz was introduced by Symphony Sid at Birdland. Here Lee Morgan, not yet 20, gives notice of his exceptional talent, his trumpet clear, biting and full-toned. Trombonist Curtis Fuller, with his unique, French Horn-like sound, shows his flowing conception and great dynamic range. On tenor, Hank Mobley is all ease and authority, while Billy Root swings mightily. And the rhythm section drives them with strength and sensitivity throughout these invigoratingly cohesive blowing sessions by some of the stellar talents of the era.

Now Playing......................

Mark Murphy - Once To Every Heart

Mark Murphy - Once To Every Heart

Mark Murphy (vocals, piano 9), Till Bronner (trumpet & flugelhorn), Frank Chastenier (piano except 9), Christian von Kaphengst (acoustic bass 1,3-5,7,9), and Nan Schwartz (orchestra arranger and conductor, string orchestra 1,3-5,7,9)

Streaming on NAS......... A recent purchase from Fat Cat Records and now taking out for a spin. The opening number "I'm Tough With Love" is a slow and easy with lovely orchestration and perfect to start off this lazy hazy cool and comfortable Friday morning. Mark and the band is sounding mighty sweet!

"In a different time, in a different place, I could see myself with you. In a different time, in a different place, oh I believe you could see yourself there too."

Yes, quite! My favourite JF album, Falling Forward. I'm justifying this indulgence by the fact that I'm still assessing the benefits of DR. On some albums the difference is obvious and beneficial. 

Add Reply

Likes (18)
PeterDFMerckydav301lutyensCloyde SyfoxMinh NguyenDenisjGolf53Tabby catGazzanigelbSlim68Ivo BHaim RonenClive BMDSjames nRedkev