What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested? (Vol. XIV)

The Gloaming

2 - 24/96

I have had this album for about a year after buying some B&W speakers for a friend but never got around to listening to it, after a couple of mention on this thread reminded me that I had it. Enjoying it so far, I am sure this will grow on me with more plays.

This is a band completely new to me.

Edward

Tony2011 posted:
TOBYJUG posted:

https://i0.wp.com/www.thesassologist.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Lady-Gaga-Joanne.png?fit=1000%2C1000

Lady gaga. Joanne

great to see the real gaga.

You're  winding me up. Let me guess: she's the  new slim shady. Please stand up! sorry, Tj. She has the manufactured personality of a turnip!

Agree with you Tony I absolutly despise her and all her subliminal satanic imagery....another puppet......she certainly sold her soul that one

Clive B posted:
Paper Plane posted:

Ancient s/h vinyl ex-Maidenhead Library (Wife 1 worked there)

Why? I would not by any means call myself a Genesis fan but recent mention of them made me dig this out of the collection for curiosity's sake.

steve

I would almost go so far as saying that this is my favourite Genesis album. It does contain the famous bass pedal solo from Michael Rutherford, after all. 

I have the original vinyl of this recording and is one I will never part with as I attended the original gig when the recording was made. It was at Manchester Free Trade Hall in Feb 1973. The band were all dressed in white apart from PG so only he stood out against the white backdrop. I suspected at the time that it might be being recorded as I could see a mike suspended centre stage and the volume was much quieter than normal concerts at the venue. Great night. Great memories. Incidentally the Free Trade Hall is now a luxury hotel!

man2wolf posted:
Clive B posted:
Paper Plane posted:

Ancient s/h vinyl ex-Maidenhead Library (Wife 1 worked there)

Why? I would not by any means call myself a Genesis fan but recent mention of them made me dig this out of the collection for curiosity's sake.

steve

I would almost go so far as saying that this is my favourite Genesis album. It does contain the famous bass pedal solo from Michael Rutherford, after all. 

I have the original vinyl of this recording and is one I will never part with as I attended the original gig when the recording was made. It was at Manchester Free Trade Hall in Feb 1973. The band were all dressed in white apart from PG so only he stood out against the white backdrop. I suspected at the time that it might be being recorded as I could see a mike suspended centre stage and the volume was much quieter than normal concerts at the venue. Great night. Great memories. Incidentally the Free Trade Hall is now a luxury hotel!

I spotted this in the used store today, but i could not remember which one was talked about here. I picked up Wind and Wuthering instead. Next time back I'll see if the Live album is still there.

Joe Wilder - Such a beautiful sound

Joe Wilder is not a very well known trumpet player. As the title of this album suggest, he has a very nice tone. Recorded between 1954 and 1956.

Joe Wilder (trumpet): Hank Jones (piano): Wendell Marshall (bass): Kenny Clarke (drums), recorded November 1955 (tracks 1-8)

Pete Brown Sextet: Joe Wilder (trumpet): Pete Brown (alto sax): Wade Legge (piano): Wally Richardson (guitar): Gene Ramey (bass): Rudy Collins (drums), recorded November 1954 (tracks 9-15)

Add Reply

Likes (17)
dav301lutyensCloyde SyfoxMinh NguyenDenisjGolf53PcdTabby catGazzanigelbSlim68Ivo BHaim RonenClive BMDSjames nRedkev