What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested? (Vol. XIV)

Ian Siegal and The Youngest Sons - The Skinny.

Just some more down n' dirty blues from Mr. Siegal and chums .................... this time round they include Gary Burnside, 

Cody Dickinson, Robert Kimbrough and Alvin Youngblood Hart ................ raw blues, from a Brit, no less.

Freddie Hubbard - Life Flight

Great album by Freddie Hubbard.  Recorded in 1987. It contains both hard bop tracks as more soul oriented tracks (like during his CTI period).

(2011)

Savoy Brown - Hellbound Train (Live Radio Sessions)

A fantastic live set recorded at a U.S. radio station whose name escapes me at the moment! Their cover of Spoonful should probably be added to my choices in the "Covers better than originals thread".

Eoink posted:

Ese and the Vooduu People, Up in Smoke, WAV download from Bandcamp

The new single, 1st play, Ese has  one hell of a voice, good song, good band, this’ll get a few more plays in the near future, great stuff.

Thanks very much! Have you seen the video for it Eoin?

Now playing.......

David Bowie - Hunky Dory

David Bowie - Hunky Dory

Streaming on TIDAL..........  Feeling the love for David at the moment with all the recent mentions of Hunky Dory...... Especially the opening track 'Changes' since in the office across from my desk some management and project managers deciding the future of many employees as a new project kicks off in September........  Changes, for some moving forward with new system(s), for a few others who will be getting the privilege of staying with the old until lights go out in a year or two or possibly three........   Everything is pretty "Hunky Dory".....

Kevin-W posted:
Eoink posted:

Ese and the Vooduu People, Up in Smoke, WAV download from Bandcamp

The new single, 1st play, Ese has  one hell of a voice, good song, good band, this’ll get a few more plays in the near future, great stuff.

Thanks very much! Have you seen the video for it Eoin?

Thanks Kevin, that’s a good vid. One of these days I’ll be in the Smokemwhen they’re playing, I might even venture south of the Thames if needed.

Cheers Eoin - glad you like it.

We're recording the debut album next week at RAK Studios in London with Darrel Sheinman of Gearbox Records fame as producer. It's going to be done all-analogue! The core trio will be augmented with a very good keyboardist and a female backing singer.

We'll be using an old 1970s API desk and a Studer A800 tape machine. Darrel will then master it at Gearbox using 1960s Decca gear and it'll be cut for vinyl on his 1967 Haeco Scully lathe.

The idea is to capture the band's energy in a way that hasn't yet been achieved in the studio.

All very exciting!

Clive B posted:
Jeff Anderson posted:

Bob Dylan  -  "Time Out Of Mind"  (1997)  my favorite Dylan disc

You mean you prefer this to Blood on the Tracks?

Yikes, I'll have to give it another listen!

I'm also a big fan of Dylan's more recent output, such as Time Out Of Mind, Modern Times and Love and Theft.

The Allman Brothers Band - Live at the Cow Palace NYE 1973 - WAV CD rip

Radio recording of the post-Duane Allmans live, DIckie Betts is superb, not as intense as some of their other live recordings, but some extremely fine jamming, well worth a listen. A few others join them during the gig, notably Jerry Garcia and Bill Kreutzmann. Very good SQ considering the source, and musically lovely.

Always enjoy some Disco and all these tunes are hitting the spot....Just onto Lipps Inc's Funky Town and it still sounds fresh.What I love about Disco there's always that fun factor.Almost the total opposite of Radiohead where it's all intense and deadly serious.Not knocking Radiohead though.   Playing on Ronco Records  

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61I6cwwPFwL._SX355_.jpg

Stevee_S posted:

It's a Beautiful Day

(1969)

One of my all time favourite albums that I love to get out once or twice in the summer months, lovely laid back Bay area folk rock and psychedelia.

Same here great psych album, I heard White Bird in a bar with my mates in Majorca in 69’ when I was 16. I asked the guy behind the bar who it was and he said It’s A Beautiful Day. I bought it as soon as I returned to Liverpool from NEMS record shop.

Happy daze...😎

Clive B posted:
Jeff Anderson posted:

Bob Dylan  -  "Time Out Of Mind"  (1997)  my favorite Dylan disc

You mean you prefer this to Blood on the Tracks?

Yikes, I'll have to give it another listen!

I had never been a listener to Dylan's music until about 15 years.  I am a bit of a novice.  BOTT is also a favorite, as well as Blonde on Blonde, but my nod goes to TOOM partly because I watched the Grammys that year and Dylan and band played live and Bob ripped a memorable guitar solo/fill.  I didn't say it was his "best" (I don't play and have not heard all his stuff) but it is my favorite.

Add Reply

Likes (18)
PeterDFMerckydav301lutyensCloyde SyfoxMinh NguyenDenisjGolf53Tabby catGazzanigelbSlim68Ivo BHaim RonenClive BMDSjames nRedkev