What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested? (Vol. XIV)

Stevee_S posted:

It's a Beautiful Day

(1969)

One of my all time favourite albums that I love to get out once or twice in the summer months, lovely laid back Bay area folk rock and psychedelia.

This album did get a lot of play in the early 70's and came out for spin often enough until the early 90's, separation and divorce and the album collection went to the four winds..........  'White Bird' easily one of my favorite songs of that era and still love to hear it!

The Waterboys - An Appointment with Mr. Yeats, WAV CD rip

Settings of poems by Yeats, varied musical styles, complementing the poems very well. Mike Scott does a great job of interpreting the lyrics, and the band are superb. “Romantic Ireland’s dead and gone, it’s with O’Leary in the grave” from September 1913 is 

Dan Steel posted:
Stevee_S posted:

It's a Beautiful Day

(1969)

One of my all time favourite albums that I love to get out once or twice in the summer months, lovely laid back Bay area folk rock and psychedelia.

Same here great psych album, I heard White Bird in a bar with my mates in Majorca in 69’ when I was 16. I asked the guy behind the bar who it was and he said It’s A Beautiful Day. I bought it as soon as I returned to Liverpool from NEMS record shop.

Happy daze...😎

Nice one Dan, we like the same music, the same team and are the same age. Cheers 

Vinyl released 1974 - 70's classic album. 😎

Gene Clark - guitar, vocals
Chris Hillman - mandolin
Jesse Ed Davis - guitar
Stephen Bruton - guitar
Bill Cuomo - organ
Craig Doerge - keyboards
Howard "Buzz" Feiten - guitar
Danny Kortchmar - guitar
Russ Kunkel - drums
Joe Lala - percussion
Ted Machell - cello
Jerry McGee - guitar
Lee Sklar - bass
Butch Trucks - drums
Michael Utley - keyboards
Richard Greene, Beryl Marriott - violin
Sherlie Matthews, Cindy Bullens, Ronnie Barron, Clydie King, Claudia Lennear, Venetta Fields, Timothy B. Schmit, Carlena Williams - background vocals

ewemon posted:
Eoink posted:
Dan Steel posted:

Double vinyl released 2013 - Time for a bit of RT, great album. 😎

He’s kept an amazingly high standard for 50 years now, looking forward to the York gig in October. 

and the new album I would hope.

Pre-ordered as soon as I got the notification.

Now Playing.........

Charles Lloyd & the Marvels + Lucinda Williams - Vanished Gardens

Charles Lloyd & The Marvels + Lucinda Williams - Vanished Gardens

Charles Lloyd (saxophone, flute), Bill Frisell (guitar), Greg Leitz (steel guitar), Reuben Rogers (bass), Eric Harland (drums) + Lucinda Williams (vocals).

Streaming on NAS..........   Fast becoming my favorite release of 2018!  Enjoy more with each listen..........

Now Playing..........

Charles Lloyd & The Marvels - I Long To See You

Charles Lloyd & The Marvels - I Long To See You

Charles Lloyd (saxophone, flute), Bill Frisell (guitar), Greg Leitz (steel guitar), Reuben Rogers (bass), Eric Harland (drums) + Willie Nelson (vocals) and Nora Jones (vocals).

Streaming on NAS..........  On a Charles Lloyd kick lately and it has been fantastic, I am already hoping they are planning on producing a third Charles Lloyd & The Marvels album, these guys are fantastic!

Tabby cat posted:
dave marshall posted:

Billy Gibbons Live From Daryl's House ................ how many times must I have watched this?      

Brilliant!

Nice choice Dave I've always loved this one from Daryls House - Cheers Ian 

Yep, there's been some really great sessions in the "Daryl's House" series. 

Add Reply

Likes (20)
PixelPopperEoinkPeterDFMerckydav301lutyensCloyde SyfoxMinh NguyenDenisjGolf53Tabby catGazzanigelbSlim68Ivo BHaim RonenClive BMDSjames nRedkev