What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested? (Vol. XIV)

Fantastic Negrito - Please Don't Be Dead.

His previous album, "The Last Days Of Oakland" slowly became a firm favourite with forum members, and his current one, IMHO,

is even better ................ it builds on the benchmark set by the previous release, and the SQ is quite brilliant ................ even via my

now obsolete, and obviously "broken" NDS. 

Paper Plane posted:
Tony2011 posted:

1995 - UK first pressing...

My b-i-l of the time loaned me this and I hated every minute of it...

steve

Steve, your b.i.l. was obviously a man of great taste and I hope you’ve caught up and now enjoy this great classic album.

Jimi Hendrix : Blues.

Jimi chills out and does the blooze .................. a stunning album, which all Jimi / blues fans really do need to have a listen to.

Fortunately, it's there on Tidal, ............... so you've no excuse not to!

Trust me, your time will most definitely not have been wasted. 

dknk posted:
Stevee_S posted:

(1969)

Santana

Trying to induce a little bit of sunshine into the rain with Santana's debut before the pooch needs walking.

I ordered this a few days ago, hoping the SQ is good.

To be fair all the different (early) copies I've heard have been ok and this is no different, nothing special but not bad at all. 

Stevee_S posted:

(1995)

Natalie Merchant - Tigerlily

I've recently been plugging some holes in my Natalie Merchant collection, this evening I'm kicking off with her fine solo debut without her 10,000 maniacs, natch. 

The download is a different mix of the album than the regular cd.

MDS posted:

An album I've had for a long time and always enjoyed. Playing it no because I saw Suzanne V perform it live yesterday evening.

I saw Suzanne Vega live a few weeks ago. She was very good.

When you saw her, was she performing with just the guitarist Gerry Leonard?

After a busy weekend, I've got an hour to spend with some good music. I find Coldplay's work after 'A Rush Of Blood To The Head' a bit patchy but that album and their debut, 'Parachutes' which i'm listening to now are rather fine. 

Coldplay - Parachutes

Jimmy Page / Robert Plant - No Quarter.

Off to the music room to plug in the Les Paul and continue to investigate why Pagey, who's much older than me, is so much better

than me  ............. as I've stated here, on many occasions," I can hear all the music in my head, why won't my fingers keep up?" !!!! 

Make sure, if you listen to this, you go for the re-mastered "red cover" version, it's so much better, SQ - wise.

Nighty night. 

Lanesra posted:
MDS posted:

An album I've had for a long time and always enjoyed. Playing it no because I saw Suzanne V perform it live yesterday evening.

I saw Suzanne Vega live a few weeks ago. She was very good.

When you saw her, was she performing with just the guitarist Gerry Leonard?

Yes, I think that was the guy. Very impressive.

Now Playing........

Jon Balke - Siwan

Jon Balke - Siwan

Jon Balke (keyboards, conductor), Barokksolistene: Amina Alaoui (vocal), Jon Hassell (trumpet, electronics), Kheir Eddine M'Kachiche (violin), Helge Norbakken (percussion), Pedram Khavar Zamini (zarb), Bjarte Eike (violin), Per Buhre (violin), Peter Spissky (violin), Anna Ivanovna Sundin (violin), Miloš Valent (violin), Rastko Roknic (viola), Joel Sundin (viola), Tom Pitt (violoncello), Kate Hearne (violoncello), Mattias Frostensson (double-bass), Andreas Arend (theorboe, archlute) and Hans Knut Sveen (harpsichord, (clavichord).

Streaming on NAS...........  Takin Jon Bake's 'Siwan' out for a spin, the nightcap prior to heading off to bed and a great way to end the weekend! The music is fantastic and Amina's voice is simply beautiful, one terrific album.........

seakayaker posted:

Now Playing.......

Dire Straits - Dire Straits

Dire Straits - Dire Straits

Streaming on NAS........   going back in time to 1978 and listening to the debut album, and Mark and his mates are  sounding sweet this Sunday evening!

I just love the drum & bass playing on "Six Blade Knife"  I like the way the lyrics are "spoken" too.  A lot of good things on here but I think "Brothers In Arms" has the edge over this one.

Add Reply

Likes (19)
PixelPopperEoinkPeterDFMerckydav301lutyensCloyde SyfoxMinh NguyenDenisjGolf53Tabby catGazzaSlim68Ivo BHaim RonenClive BMDSjames nRedkev