What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested? (Vol. XIV)

dave marshall posted:

Free - Live!

Catching up on a backlog of CD ripping, as my HDX returned home today, fully re-Naimed, and this version of the album,

with extra tracks, is well worth getting hold of, even if you already have the original.

The track "Moonshine" is, as they say, "worth the price of admission alone".

It's there on Tidal, so I urge any Free fans to have a listen.

One of the best bands I ever saw live and also one of the worst. Go figure.

Possibly my fav band of all time. I must have played this album thousands of times over the years.

ted_p posted:
Pcd posted:
ted_p posted:

Vince Gill

Guitar Slinger - CD Rip

This was another great recommendation from Ewemon, Vince was a new artist to me at the time, great album.

Edward

Just ordered this one trust it is good?

If you like Vince i am sure you will like this album.

My favourite song on the album is "Threaten Me With Heaven".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dPd8WvF_Lc

Edward

Thanks , I have several of his albums and really enjoy his music this one is winging it’s way from Germany should be here next week.

Impressionism with Joni.

It's hard to believe that this album was released 38 years ago! I recall seeing a broadcast of the concert. Was it the whole film or just a song or two on the OGWT? I cannot remember exactly, but I was hooked and have been ever since. There is so much feeling here. All the musicians seemed to give their best and more - a firm favourite album for me.

Impressionism definitely. Joni paints pictures with her songs, better than anyone, at least the equal of Dylan

ewemon posted:
dave marshall posted:

Free - Live!

Catching up on a backlog of CD ripping, as my HDX returned home today, fully re-Naimed, and this version of the album,

with extra tracks, is well worth getting hold of, even if you already have the original.

The track "Moonshine" is, as they say, "worth the price of admission alone".

It's there on Tidal, so I urge any Free fans to have a listen.

One of the best bands I ever saw live and also one of the worst. Go figure.

Possibly my fav band of all time. I must have played this album thousands of times over the years.

Love the bonus tracks, but prefer the sound quality of the 2016 Remaster. Solution - buy both!

ewemon posted:

What do you think of it Ewemon? I gave it first listen this morning and thought it one of his better ones and the piano sounding superb in 24 bit version. Tracks 4 and 10 were glorious and worth the price of admission on their own imho.

Drdavid posted:
ewemon posted:

What do you think of it Ewemon? I gave it first listen this morning and thought it one of his better ones and the piano sounding superb in 24 bit version. Tracks 4 and 10 were glorious and worth the price of admission on their own imho.

Not sure yet. I have all his solo piano works and I gave Parts 1 to III a listen but struggled with them mainly I think because I may have gotten a little fatigued with his solo work. Now that you mention that parts 4 and 10 are worth a listen I will play it again later tonight when I am possibly in the mood. Health hasn't been too good today so possibly wasn't the best time to give it a listen.

It is the Hi Res version I have as well.

Stevee_S posted:

(1964)

A Hard Day's Night

Flicking through the virtual library this one from the fabs caught my eye and hasn't been played in years, the SQ on this half speed Stan Ricker remaster (ripped from Japanese super vinyl) is very pleasant indeed. 

My Mother bought all their singles and my brother bought all their albums. They were practically never off our old Dansette player.

ewemon posted:
Stevee_S posted:

(1964)

A Hard Day's Night

Flicking through the virtual library this one from the fabs caught my eye and hasn't been played in years, the SQ on this half speed Stan Ricker remaster (ripped from Japanese super vinyl) is very pleasant indeed. 

My Mother bought all their singles and my brother bought all their albums. They were practically never off our old Dansette player.

Yep they were indeed fab, I wonder what ever happened to them?... 

Add Reply

Likes (20)
PixelPopperEoinkPeterDFMerckydav301lutyensCloyde SyfoxMinh NguyenDenisjGolf53Tabby catGazzanigelbSlim68Ivo BHaim RonenClive BMDSjames nRedkev