What's the Latest Thing You've Seen at the Cinema II

I was up in Edinburgh earlier in the week and took my daughter and a friend of hers to see Venom on Wednesday evening. They both loved it, and I have to admit, I enjoyed it too - well, mostly.  The penultimate showdown was all a bit of a mindless smash up, as seems de rigour for so many superhero films these days, but Tom Hardy triumphed overall by bringing some acting ability along for the ride. 

What are the odds on a Venom 2...?

Richard Dane posted:

.... Tom Hardy triumphed overall by bringing some acting ability along for the ride.

What are the odds on a Venom 2...?

In some reviews he was castigated for hamming it up. I was n't convinced of his reporting chops, but I did enjoy the dichotomy once the film kicked into gear.

Venom 2 is very probable. Against expectations it has been a hit, and is still to be released in the Middle Kingdom, where it does have a release date.

I do wonder whether some of its success it that it is told using standard stereotypes?

M

Three weekends, three films at the Abbeygate, independent cinema, Bury St Edmunds.

First Man

A Star is Born

Bohemian Rhapsody

We enjoyed all of them even though I don't like Ga Ga and was never a fan of Queen. Cooper was good in the Kris Kristofensen role but he was eclipsed by Rami Malek's performance as Freddie.

Ray

Add Reply

Likes (2)
EJSmatt podniesinski