What was the last vinyl you bought?

Premmyboy posted:
Richard Dane posted:

I'm about 3 or 4 years late to this one, but better late than never!  What a great album!  David Crosby - Croz. Two of the tracks cut at 45 rpm on side 4 is a nice touch too - much  better than just leaving the last side blank or with some kind of etching, as seems to be the fashion these days.  This one was cut by Doug Sax and pressed on two thick (but flat and centred) slabs of 200g vinyl. Sound quality is really excellent too.

On this kind of form I've now just ordered his latest LP.

Hi Richard, I have this on vinyl and it’s excellent. Sound quality great as well.

When you get a chance to play his latest record please let me know what you think regards the album itself and also the sound quality. I have been thinking of buying it.

Thanks Prem.

I gave side One of David Crosby's latest LP, Here If You Listen,  a spin this evening.  I'll post more in due course, once I've had an opportunity to play in its entirety, but so far, really very good indeed, and the SQ is top notch.  It's an LP that's going to get quite a lot of play over the next few weeks and months.

Can't find the CD I bought, not on Qobuz, is in Apple Music but lossy, very much enjoying the latter:

Sadly I can't remember if I have this on vinyl somewhere or not, though have the CD and love the title song This Strange Engine even if some of the tracks are weak:

naim_nymph posted:

Kev, is that set 6 x LP + DVD  ?

(or is it a CD) ?

Looks very tempting! 

Debs

Hi Debs - it's a Blu-ray, not a DVD. Has 24/96 stereo, 5.1 mix and DTS Master Audio, plus a 90-minute documentary. All done to a very high standard.

Richard Dane posted:
Premmyboy posted:
Richard Dane posted:

I'm about 3 or 4 years late to this one, but better late than never!  What a great album!  David Crosby - Croz. Two of the tracks cut at 45 rpm on side 4 is a nice touch too - much  better than just leaving the last side blank or with some kind of etching, as seems to be the fashion these days.  This one was cut by Doug Sax and pressed on two thick (but flat and centred) slabs of 200g vinyl. Sound quality is really excellent too.

On this kind of form I've now just ordered his latest LP.

Hi Richard, I have this on vinyl and it’s excellent. Sound quality great as well.

When you get a chance to play his latest record please let me know what you think regards the album itself and also the sound quality. I have been thinking of buying it.

Thanks Prem.

I gave side One of David Crosby's latest LP, Here If You Listen,  a spin this evening.  I'll post more in due course, once I've had an opportunity to play in its entirety, but so far, really very good indeed, and the SQ is top notch.  It's an LP that's going to get quite a lot of play over the next few weeks and months.

Thanks Richard. I will place my order.

new remastered Vinyl 1 of 2

some comments on another forum they are not a good as the very First EMI pressings, which I don't have so for me this was a real treat - her first 4 remastered with care and attention

if possible from Kate more music, more focus and drive - played back to back yesterday, a very good Sunday!

Untitled

2013 - Weather Report - US Reissue of the 1971 original album remastered from the original tapes by Bernie Grundman, pressed on 2 X 180g 45rpm vinyl. Not a fan of remasters but this one is  superbly done and it  should give my original copy a deserved break. 

DCD Dionysus box set. There is more speculation day by day. For an item released only a few weeks ago, there are  already sellers either on Discogs and Amazon Marketplace asking  twice the RP. Fortunately i found one of the last on Amazon.it at normal price.

Taking Tiger Mountain 2017  Eu reissue 

Regards

Roberto

Tony2011 posted:

Untitled

2013 - Weather Report - US Reissue of the 1971 original album remastered from the original tapes by Bernie Grundman, pressed on 2 X 180g 45rpm vinyl. Not a fan of remasters but this one is  superbly done and it  should give my original copy a deserved break. 

I have almost all the WR's album in (ripped) cd but none in vinyl ...

... Which album (and which version) in vinyl do you suggest to begin with?

M.

Matteo posted:
Tony2011 posted:

Untitled

I have almost all the WR's album in (ripped) cd but none in vinyl ...

... Which album (and which version) in vinyl do you suggest to begin with?

M.

Matteo, I only have two more albums, both original US Columbia pressings which are rather good imo: Heavy Weather (1977) and Sweetnighter(1973). I have not heard any other pressings which to compare to.

I think Heavyweather has also been remastered by BG so, judging by what he’s  done to my recent purchase above, should  be rather good. Perhaps someone who has heard them could chip in with better advice if they have heard both pressings. 

Tony2011 posted:

Matteo, I only have two more albums, both original US Columbia pressings which are rather good imo: Heavy Weather (1977) and Sweetnighter(1973). I have not heard any other pressings which to compare to.

I think Heavyweather has also been remastered by BG so, judging by what he’s  done to my recent purchase above, should  be rather good. Perhaps someone who has heard them could chip in with better advice if they have heard both pressings. 

Thanks

My favourite are Tale Spinnin' and Black Market though.

I also like the 1976 Jaco Pastorius album.

M.

Add Reply

Likes (13)
dav301Ivo BClive BVinyl GourmetNaijeruFangfossFlyernaim_nymphQuad 33Steve JSteve Capye!matt podniesinskistrainger