Hi-Fi Corner

VikPosted: 02 October 2000Last Updated: 05 October 2000
Well at least I had to, because there was no more space for another Mana. I've a Mana 6-tier and a Phase 3. On the Phase 3 sits the CDS1.Up until last week, the rest of the equipment was placed like this:-1)NAT02 (topmost level)2)NAC...
Ken ChangPosted: 30 September 2000Last Updated: 04 October 2000
I have 62/140 with MC phono left un-used. So I plan to find its partner. I like the look of Blue Room Mini Pod and the classic of Thorens TD 124/3009. These two products are within my budget. My question are 1) what should be an MC catrgidge and 2)...
Ken ChangPosted: 02 October 2000Last Updated: 04 October 2000
I have 82/180 and Marantz CD12. It sound O.K. But from reading this forum , People always use Naim CD. What CD , I should go for. What I would gain and lose ?
Ulrich HohnPosted: 02 October 2000Last Updated: 03 October 2000
The Naim of people say that a passive SBL with a NAP500 sounds better than SCAP SNAXO4*NAP135. I correspond. One does not need to hear 5 seconds around.But I did not get information, whether an active hybrid version NAP500/2*NAP135goes better than the...
Darren MillerPosted: 29 September 2000Last Updated: 02 October 2000
Here's a tale for you.Many times over the years it's been suggested that I should move my Naim equipment from between the loudspeakers(Kelly KT3's) thus creating an open space between them. This I was told would help the interaction between the two...
Simon JenkinsPosted: 01 October 2000Last Updated: 01 October 2000
Paul, Mark or whoever,Any chance of getting infopop to correct the time on the list.I know this is a fairly minor irritant compared to the unavailability of the lists, but for the past week the server has been running with the time 10 minutes fast....
Ken ChangPosted: 28 September 2000Last Updated: 01 October 2000
I have 82/180/hicap and small speakers and use it to watch movie. Sometimes I need more bass and want a subwoofer (active one). Do I need special cable to connect from my 82 to the sub? How I should do it?
Bas VPosted: 27 September 2000Last Updated: 01 October 2000
Hey, here's another one: what's your opininion of the Intro vs. Credo speakers? I have never heard any of the Naim speakers, but I can get a pair of Intro's for 450 quid! My current system: CDI, NAC92, NAP90/3, Flatcap, MA Studio2 & Rel Stadium II Thanks! Bas V
NaheedPosted: 01 October 2000Last Updated: 01 October 2000
Down @ Homebase on saturday i came across a small section dedicated to furniture catsors/dampers, all sorts of rubber/metal/plastic goodies.In the end i bought some 'spiked' castors (intended to protect your carpet !!!) and also the little plastic...
Arthur ByePosted: 25 September 2000Last Updated: 30 September 2000
Whats with InfoPop? I only seem to get into the Naim Forum about 25% of the time without getting a n "out to lunch" error message.Do they use 14.4 modems or something?Maybe they need to be told about T1 lines.Arthur Bye
Chris BellPosted: 20 September 2000Last Updated: 30 September 2000
Class B? Huh? Anyone else see the NBL review in Stereophile? Class B product? What gives? Does this mean NBLs are not good enough for the class A CD3.5? It was nice to see a review of a product I own, but frankly I was not surprised to see the outcome...
Martin PaynePosted: 29 September 2000Last Updated: 30 September 2000
I have been told that if I want to install a mains spur with a separate earth I must protect the circuit with an RCD (Residual Current Device).In these the mains current must pass through a very small toroid, which is not good. My electrician normally...
Martin PaynePosted: 12 September 2000Last Updated: 29 September 2000
I've been offered an ex-dem CDS-PS with grey Burndy for use with my CDX.Has anyone directly compared the CDS-PS with the XPS on a CDX (or even a CDS-II)?Has anyone bought, or sold, or intend to sell a CDS-PS? What did you pay / ask?I seem to remember...
PPosted: 29 September 2000Last Updated: 29 September 2000
You OK?Regards P
Arye_GurPosted: 26 September 2000Last Updated: 29 September 2000
In Israel CD's are too expensive.I wonder what the members here are thinking aboutCD's prices, about copying CD's - did anyonechecked if a copied CD is equal to the sourceCD (I think it is not) and I'm interested to know anything else connected to...
NAIM-CollectorPosted: 27 September 2000Last Updated: 29 September 2000
Has anybody tried the sound and light show that is offered by putting a unwanted CD in the microwave, settings for about 3 seconds.It's a bit of a hoot, by the way the CD is definitly converted to a frisbee.
ErikPosted: 27 September 2000Last Updated: 29 September 2000
What do You do with the speakercable to the speaker closest to the amp? I have a couple of meters left at the amp and would like some advise how to do with it. /Erik (the surenameless)
Don BraidPosted: 28 September 2000Last Updated: 28 September 2000
Smack me if somebody has already discovered this mod, but I have found a way to vastly improve the sound of Sound Org racks with Naim gear.Many of us are familiar with that midrangy blat and limited dynamic that Sound Org reveals as you climb higher...
Martin PaynePosted: 28 September 2000Last Updated: 28 September 2000
I've recently come to wonder why my system always sounded very smooth and lacking in projection. I've thought of changing my Isobariks, or replacing their tweeters. I've tried the speakers in every position in the room that I thought practical (even...
mr saucissonPosted: 23 September 2000Last Updated: 28 September 2000
Hello to all,I need some advice on what to do about the next upgrade. Kit is currently CDI(on Mana Reference table)/Planar25/crappy Sonytuner/72/hicap/160/IBL. I feel that a preamp upgrade would be the thing, as I have been promised a pair of 135s at...
Andrew RandlePosted: 28 September 2000Last Updated: 28 September 2000
Dear all,A quick question. Is it possible to send my 42.5 to Naim for converting to a 72?I know this is possible with the 32.5, but not clear on the 42.5.Also, the volume pot is getting noisy and needs replacing.In order to achieve all this, what do I...
Jez QuigleyPosted: 19 September 2000Last Updated: 27 September 2000
Once upon a time, a long time ago, there was a much younger man than me who lived in harmony with his Linn Sondek/Ittock/Naim32/Hi-cap/250/Mission 770's.The wicked Fairy Divorce took away all his posessions and left him to wander the world with only a...
NAIM-CollectorPosted: 27 September 2000Last Updated: 27 September 2000
Martin Colloms has published a very extensive review of the NAP 500.This article is five pages. I would be interested in the general reader response, this is not a rave review.
Don BraidPosted: 26 September 2000Last Updated: 27 September 2000
As a journalist - yes, tis true - I learned long ago that the stupidest thing you can do is to pretend you know something you don't. And so, with trepitation, I ask: Exactly what the hell is PRaT? Don [This message was edited by Don Braid on WEDNESDAY 27 September 2000 at 04:49.] The message was edited only because I spelled my own name wrong - another problem journalists have. Why do they have that stupid edit line anyway? [This message was edited by Don Braid on WEDNESDAY 27 September 2000...
Bas VPosted: 26 September 2000Last Updated: 26 September 2000
Hey guys, I have been made two offers. I can get an NAC72 for 450 pounds. The other offer is old style NAC42.5, NAP90 (which powers the NAC42.5?!) & NAP250 for 900 pounds. My current system: CDI, NAC92, NAP90/3, Flatcap, MA Studio2 & Rel Stadium II. Any advice? Thanx! Bas