Hi-Fi Corner

Mark DunnPosted: 06 August 2000Last Updated: 10 August 2000
Hi:I recently removed the ARO from my LP12 to give the cartridge a sprucing up and I noticed that the stub on which the main counterweight sits was loose. Apart from the fact that you can't adjust the tracking weight with this condition (the stub and...
Nic PeelingPosted: 09 August 2000Last Updated: 10 August 2000
As I built up my main Hi-Fi system I got locked into an upgrade path based on Theta CD products. My amplification has topped out at 52/250, and my speakers are BKS 107 electrostatic hybrids. My Theta kit now comprises a Data Basic transport, Timebase...
Dev BPosted: 08 August 2000Last Updated: 08 August 2000
Dear all,Due to refurbishment of my apartment building,I have had to remove my Ron Smith G17 aerial from it. It seems unlikely that I will be able to put it up again, but I'm not that bothered as I should be moving at some point. However, I do want to...
Arthur ByePosted: 07 August 2000Last Updated: 08 August 2000
I have a Linn Kremlin tuner plugged into my 52 and it works fine. The same tuner (using the second set of RCA outputs on the tuner)when plugged into my Sony A/V system produces a noticeable hum. The Linn has a grounded main, the Sony does not. The...
tzkPosted: 08 August 2000Last Updated: 08 August 2000
I've accidentaly close topic. Please share your opinions about dedicated newserver for naim community here.
tzkPosted: 08 August 2000Last Updated: 08 August 2000
I found many complains about new forum. I think the best way to communicate many-to-many is to use usenet news. Interesting alternative was also previous forum system. Creating newsgroup in Internet hierarchy is not a good idea (spam, lots of offtopic...
JosephRPosted: 06 August 2000Last Updated: 07 August 2000
Hi, want some views on those who are using Naim and Proac speakers ... Any insights on quality of matchup ?
andrew jamesonPosted: 07 August 2000Last Updated: 07 August 2000
Went to listen to some music last night and discovered that my 52 had died ie. no signs of life / light on either the SC or the head unit. Have tried swapping the power cables from other components to no avail. Anyone got any thoughts??
Willem van GemertPosted: 05 August 2000Last Updated: 06 August 2000
Question: Is the "product registration" feature on the Naim Audio Homepage meant to registrate all Naim products purchased, including second hand purchases, or is it only for the registration of new Naim products?Ciao!WillemP.S. I bought a second hand...
RicoPosted: 04 August 2000Last Updated: 04 August 2000
- right? What do you guys think?Rico - musicheadricomuzik@hotmail.com
David Hobbs-MallyonPosted: 01 August 2000Last Updated: 02 August 2000
I'll carry on with some questions from the old forum. Hopefully this will also help me on the road to promotion to member rather than junior member.Current system is CDI/82/2xhicap/250/SBLs.CDI and 82 sitting on a combination of pulsar points and Vuks...
Kevin HughesPosted: 31 July 2000Last Updated: 02 August 2000
A reminder about not everyone in the world being nice and honest.On the old forum a thread was started similar to the systems anaylsis where we were asked to identify where we lived. It was pointed out that if a criminal element wanted to work out...