Streaming Audio

BartPosted: 22 September 2018Last Updated: 08 January 2019
Is there a chance Roon will be able to provide a volume control for Uniti series and system automation for my ND555/252 combo? It's the ONE thing I really miss right now from the Naim App. Roon clearly contemplates volume control for some devices . . . maybe I'm not doing it right?
Steven ReidPosted: 23 December 2018Last Updated: 08 January 2019
Hi all, I have a brand new Nova (amazing by the way) and Qb, as well as a Mu-So which is a couple of years old. The problem is that although I can see all three devices in multi room mode when using either the Qb or the Mu-So as master, I cannot see either the Qb or the Mu-So when using the Nova as the master. They are all on the same network, no extenders or repeaters; just a solid mesh network. The issue is the same whether the Nova is connected via Ethernet or operating wirelessly. They...
BoubaPosted: 08 January 2019Last Updated: 08 January 2019
As per the thread's title, I'd like to know what does the naim system do exactly when you tap on "rebuild library" options, especially when music is stored within a Uniti Core internal storage. I ask this because I recently purchased Bliss in an effort to automatize where possible the retrival of missing artworks. I started processing on the NAS drive from which I initially imported music to the Core itself upon initial set up of the Core. Now, I'd like to know if there is a simple way to...
The Naim's DavePosted: 02 January 2019Last Updated: 08 January 2019
Just wondering which device you would recommend for using as a remote for an NDX2. I was thinking of a Samsung Galaxy-tab-s2 with 8" screen Latest price is £229 Any advice? No I don't have a smart phone or other tablet.
skyebridgePosted: 06 January 2019Last Updated: 08 January 2019
I have an ND5XS with DAC and Nac282. The streamer operates onmy BT Broadband/WiFi setup. The Router is a Z6. I've tried in the past to connect to Spotify, without success. How does this work best?
BluelakePosted: 05 January 2019Last Updated: 07 January 2019
"I had the same problem, hard drive clicking... It's the older 1 TB model and that's the third time it fails. The first time it refused to eject a CD, 2nd time it refused tu rip CDs and now this, whith the difference that the guarantee is over. Now I got the message from my seller....it will cost 2'100.- euros to repair and updated it to the 2 TB version....this includes 300.- euros to recover the data and 600.- euros copyright tax for the hard dive…. After reading the so many problems...
kdl6769Posted: 07 January 2019Last Updated: 07 January 2019
Can anyone recommend a device with the Atom/Nova's music server/streaming capabilities (Roon ready, high quality DAC, Tidal integration, Airplay, wifi etc.) but without the amplification?
pitPosted: 07 January 2019Last Updated: 07 January 2019
Hi I'm looking forward suggestion on the topic. My music is on my synology and not it is played using amarra via dac v1 usb connected. I wish to exclude my mac but what is the final choice in terms of sound quality? Zen mk3 via usb or uniti core via spdif? I terms of feature and flexibility zen is steps ahead but I don't compared them in terms of SQ Thanks
NickBidenPosted: 06 January 2019Last Updated: 07 January 2019
So I have address reservations on my router for all my wired devices and, individually, they are all set for DHCP. I have been trying all night to get my Qb to release the address it has taken and actually use that in the address reservation table. After 3 factory resets the Muso is about to get launched and changed for a Phantom Reactor. So I have tried: 3 factory resets Assigning a static IP from the muso web interface and then reverting to DHCP Blocking and then allowing the muso to...
Mike1951Posted: 07 January 2019Last Updated: 07 January 2019
My TV sound is routed via an optic cable from the Samsung ‘wall-hanger’ into my system via the ND5XS. When I’m watching Sky news, I get an intermittent noise that doesn’t happen with any other channel. The best way I can describe it is that it sounds like a sort of high pitched “quack”, as if a hyperactive duck has just been poked with a sharp stick. Any ideas?
mackb3Posted: 29 December 2018Last Updated: 06 January 2019
I did search in streaming and MR with no good finds. I picked up a Mu-so to evaluate and looking for advice/experiences to optimize performance. For example, placement, best platform to place upon, position from wall, height from floor. Currently it's on an IKEA Besta cabinet. Sound is very impressive for what it is. DSP can be spooky at times. Looking to wring out as much as possible. It's plugged in to dedicated mains same as my main N rig. Room 14x22 high sloping ceiling 8' to 11' long...
604SimkinPosted: 06 January 2019Last Updated: 06 January 2019
I bought a Uniti Atom recently for my house. I have already owned one for about a year, which i keep at my office. Love it so much i bought anotehr for home! But having a weird issued with the new one. For some reason, on the home unit, when I play a song on Spotify, instead of getting album artwork, I just get the Spotify logo. Any idea why? I have tried different songs, tried playing from different sources (phone, computer) but still nothing but a big logo. I have only had it a few weeks,...
EcholanePosted: 05 January 2019Last Updated: 06 January 2019
i have done one backup in the many months I have owned the Uniti Core. It is about 100 rips out of date. I’ve tried to initiate another backup without ideal success. I touch Settings > Manage Music > Backup Music > Backup Status = no drive is configured. There is a USB drive in an external USB port on my Windows computer and on the same network as everything in my household. It is in the same place it was when I did the first backup. When I press “configure a new backup”, I am...
SMHPosted: 29 October 2018Last Updated: 06 January 2019
I currently have NDX 2 - Supernait 2 as preamp - NAP250DR - PMC25.24 - Roon on Mac serving files and Tidal over network. The NDX2 is improving all the time as it is running in and i’m very pleased with the way it sounds (it replaced a usb connected Hugo2 from my Mac) I would like opinions on what people think might sound best if my upgrade budget was around £4k I have two currently very different thoughts but would welcome others. I listen to tidal maybe 65% of the time and my Flac ripped...
Qlder BradPosted: 30 December 2018Last Updated: 06 January 2019
Hi, I’m hoping to get some feedback from anyone who has a Synology NAS. Does anyone use a linear power supply (LPS) on their Synology NAS and has it made a difference? If you have I would like to know the manufacturer of the LPS. When listening I sometimes get the feeling that the dynamics of the music is coming in waves. I have my 272 and NAS connected to the same switch, I’m currently only using normal Cat 6 cables, but I’m not going to upgrade the network cables yet, I’m working on the...
Ken_NBPosted: 05 January 2019Last Updated: 06 January 2019
Hi, I am wondering if anyone tried the above and/or if that make any sense? My current setup: NDX(Transport) -> NDAC/XPS(Olive) -> 82 -> 135 -> LS5/9 I came across with a good second handed XPS(DR). I am wondering how to maximise the benefit if having a second XPS "XPS(DR)" in the source, or which combination of these boxes will have the best possible result ... I am curious if it make any sense to add a power supply in the transport? Anyone had experience in this area is...
Rogert366Posted: 03 January 2019Last Updated: 05 January 2019
The problem occurs with some playlists that I have compiled on my Synology DS 214 NAS. I have no problem with ordinary albums that I have ripped to the NAS - I touch the 3 dots to the right of the track title on the app and I have options which include "Play from this track". But in Playlists (which include more than one artist), I don't get the option (just Play, Queue next and Queue last). But I do get the option on Playlists which are made up of only one artist. I am not aware of any...
MikeGhPosted: 04 January 2019Last Updated: 05 January 2019
I've restarted ripping CD after a gap of around a year. I have around 800 CDs correctly ripped, bur recently the AMG lookup takes 2 - 3 minutes and is eventually replaced by FreeDB which sometimes work fine but in 50% of cases the results are utterly wrong. Just tried to rip Van Morrison's "The Prophet Speaks" and the system told me the album was "Glitter" by the Urbane !!! Can anyone help me put this right? Thanks, Mike
Loki TiomanPosted: 03 January 2019Last Updated: 05 January 2019
Hi everyone, Glad to be here. I’ve just moved from a Primare i30 amp to the Uniti Nova and continue to be impressed by the improvement in sound as well as the functionality. I previously streamed Tidal from a Yamaha Musicast and used an Ethernet connection to speed up some of the slowness Tidal occasionally exhibits over WiFi. I had planned to do the same with the Nova but there’s a technical hitch: when Ethernet is plugged in, the app can’t find the Nova anymore. It’s on the same network,...
Bryce CurdyPosted: 05 January 2019Last Updated: 05 January 2019
System 1 is a hyprid Hi-Fi / Home Cinema including a CD555/555PSDR, NAC552DR, NAP300DR as well as an Oppo203 UltraHD Player and Apple TV3. System 2 is an Atom with a NAS Drive and most of my music library in FLAC. My iTunes library is an MP3 'mirror' of the NAS library (I have a modified 512GB iPod Classic). If I want to stream on System 1 I think I have the following options: 1. I can stream FLAC using the Oppo and it sounds pretty respectable but I can only sort by Album or Artist/Track,...
hifi-dogPosted: 31 December 2018Last Updated: 05 January 2019
just renewed my contract with bt and upgraded to super fast fibre and new smart hub. Compared to hh5 the smart hub (hh6) is a more relaxed presentation and the music flows better. The fibre and new master socket will arrive next week so here’s hoping it will be even better!
SjoerdsrPosted: 05 January 2019Last Updated: 05 January 2019
Automagically the shuffle returns within seconds to the original order of the playlist. Turn on shuffle, watch the play queue and see it return to the original order within seconds. Drives me mad, and makes Spotify shuffle on the Uniti Atom completely useless. This is absolutely a Uniti Atom Spotify connect implementation issue. Tested it from Spotify on PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad and this occurs only with the Uniti. Not on my other equipment. This occurs since the Spotify issues several weeks...
ThomasDPosted: 04 January 2019Last Updated: 05 January 2019
Does anyone know how to get a uniti device (echo , nova...) as an end point in the amazon echo ecosystem? Is there a skill for this? If not, why not? Would seem pretty important to have this.
NagualPosted: 03 January 2019Last Updated: 04 January 2019
dear forumites a plea to those more technicially savvy than me - nearly all of you im thinking. When I was first advised to install bubble on my NAS and use Kazoo to navigate my Qobuz account playing to the NDS it was all too easy it seems. The app could be a little sticky but the connection was solid and sounded great. Having replaced the NDS with ND555 things are not nearly so smooth. Right now the connection is stuttering to the point it’s unlistenable. I’ve also noticed that it seems to...
The Naim's DavePosted: 04 January 2019Last Updated: 04 January 2019
Am I right in thinking I could store around 750 CDs onto this external SSD memory, and use it to "feed" my NDX2 ? Need another for back up of course. SAMSUNG T5 External SSD - 500 GB