Streaming Audio

AlcoPosted: 31 October 2008Last Updated: 31 October 2008
Hi guys,After visiting and posting in the hifi-corner forum, I'll dip my toes into the Distributed Audio forum, for the first time.(there's a first time for everything )I was wondering if someone has any experience with the CI Audio VDA-2 DAC,...
JamHPosted: 25 October 2008Last Updated: 30 October 2008
I asked this question before [maybe a year ago ? on the hi-fi forum] but with the distributed audio forum I am asking it again ... Has anyone any experience of the card digitalaudio It is an internal PCI card .. I am interested in it for recording vinyl but might even try it for CD playback .. Its 400 US dollars ... How does it compare with the Echo MIA which I already have .. Thanks James H. P.S. It won a Stereophile award a few years ago. ends==
OcceanPosted: 24 October 2008Last Updated: 30 October 2008
I am currently going down the 'computer audio' route, but still choosing the right solution for me. SB+, Linn DS or a mac/pc and dac. I already have a NAS drive that will (currently) work with any of these.While I prefer the idea of a stand alone unit...
goldfinchPosted: 07 October 2008Last Updated: 29 October 2008
Hi, there are a few sites where is possible to buy Hi-res recordings. This site offers free downloads in order to test different formats.http://www.2l.no/hires/index.html I am curious about whether this formats are really a substantial step ahead in...
Guido FawkesPosted: 10 October 2008Last Updated: 29 October 2008
I was not able to stay for the whole day, but for some very enjoyable hours. Thank you to Norman, Ian and Ian’s mum for their hospitality and organising an interesting event. Those present were JN, RL, JH and me - it was very good to meet some...
james nPosted: 28 October 2008Last Updated: 28 October 2008
Just out of interest - does any sample conversion take place before the HDX digital output or is it just transparent to the source file - ie 24/96 file comes out at 24/96 ?TIAJames
Mike in PA, USAPosted: 25 October 2008Last Updated: 28 October 2008
Hey gang,I'm new to this distributed audio thing and have been reading some of the relevant posts here, as I have recently purchased a MacBook and am planning to stream through Airport Express to a DAC and then my 202. I have also spoken with some of...
pcstocktonPosted: 15 October 2008Last Updated: 27 October 2008
Munch and some others have, in the past, dropped hints that an external Naim DAC was in the works. And not that far away.If this is in ANY way true, it would be great if Naim would be willing to drop a very rough estimate on its arrival.1, 2, 4...
RichKPosted: 15 October 2008Last Updated: 26 October 2008
I currently use iTunes(lossless) via an airport (wireless) as a secondary music source. Last night I added a beresford DAC with the following config;Airport-Bereford Toslink-beresford DAC-Linn wakondaThe amp is connected to the DAC with R/L jack plugs...
u5227470736789454Posted: 09 October 2008Last Updated: 25 October 2008
Sorry for asking this here but my macforum question has had no response I have set-up my itouch/macbook remote link (thanks for your help) but when I pull up an album on the itouch, I can only play single songs, having to select them one after the...
Guido FawkesPosted: 05 October 2008Last Updated: 22 October 2008
It is a Wadia 170i Transport that turns an iPod Touch in to a genuine solid state transport. All I'd need is a Naim DAC with S/PDIF input and I'd have a great office system (potentially). I've not heard one yet, but will definitely try to search out...
DHTPosted: 22 October 2008Last Updated: 22 October 2008
I was thinking about buying an Apple laptop, and perhaps a firewire dac ,but I have just read that Apple are dropping firewire, is that from all their machines or just laptops?
james nPosted: 15 October 2008Last Updated: 22 October 2008
I've just changed my preamp (to a 282) and whilst looking at power supplies and bigger hydras, started examining the grounding in my system. In a Naim system the ground link between mains and signal earth is in the CD player (or Turntable) - either...
SeanbeerPosted: 18 October 2008Last Updated: 21 October 2008
Tivoli model one on bedside as to Nat05 in the living room.What is as to Squeezebox in the living room?(for listening to Internet radio only)
u5227470736789454Posted: 05 October 2008Last Updated: 18 October 2008
Hi,Can you advise me what the best method (and cable) for connecting a macbook to a Supernait for using the macbook as my sole music source. I am going to audition the set-up next week and would like to ensure that I have the cables required etcThere...
james nPosted: 14 October 2008Last Updated: 16 October 2008
Naim CD players connect signal and chassis grounds together - does anyone know if this is a straight link or is it via a low value resistor ?TIAJames
jon hPosted: 13 October 2008Last Updated: 14 October 2008
i have just had paul stephenson here with the very latest (a few days old?) spec hdx -- a lidless unit which Roy has been working on to reduce/remove the issues I identified on my system, Martin Colloms heard on his, and which subsequently were...
DHTPosted: 09 October 2008Last Updated: 12 October 2008
Has anyone tried the new hi-res files which are starting to become avaiable, I am thinking of the 176.4 Reference recordings, and i have heard there are even some 348.4 DXD files being released.
jcs_smithPosted: 09 October 2008Last Updated: 10 October 2008
I have decided to get one of these 2 devices for my kitchen. The Boom is basically a squeezebox with a built-in amp and pair of speakers. It offers streaming capabilities, which I won’t use, internet radio and BBC listen again. The Pure is a...
SteevePosted: 07 October 2008Last Updated: 08 October 2008
....but was wondering if it would be possible to run a lead from the optical digital output of my V-Box Cable TV box to the optical digital input on my Pioneer CD-Recorder. Anyone know before I buy a (rather long) cable?ThanksSteeve
Claus-ThoegersenPosted: 01 October 2008Last Updated: 07 October 2008
The HDX is still here, but not very much longer. I have ripped about 50 cds to the internal hd, and most records just works without problems or errors, except for 2 records.The first a burnt copy of K.D. Lang Drag, cannot be ripped, and cannot even be...
CjonesPosted: 29 September 2008Last Updated: 07 October 2008
Anyone see this thing?While it doesn't have the hard drives and is only a transport, the general function seems to be the same. My understanding is that HDX copies a CD before playing it as well. So does he PWT. If anything the PWT seems like what a...
MertoPosted: 27 September 2008Last Updated: 07 October 2008
The consensus seems to be that the current HDX is at or around the level of a CDX2. When do you think we might see a 555 competitor? Is it even possible or will the technology mean that the voicing will inevitably move in a different direction?Also,...
james nPosted: 06 October 2008Last Updated: 06 October 2008
Anyone done this ? Just curious as to the NS01 performance compared to a bare HDX since they (i assume) are the same base unit with the HDX having a better analogue board and display. CheersJames
nap-sterPosted: 26 September 2008Last Updated: 06 October 2008
You put a 5.1 feed into a 2 channel DAC?