Streaming Audio

FuglPosted: 02 October 2008Last Updated: 03 October 2008
I have been playing on my dealers HDX and found a strange problem.When i Choose 'quickplay' -> 'Random play' the hdx choses 150 songs and plays through those randomly. At some (random?) point though, something goes wrong and the display on the hdx...
u5227470736789454Posted: 01 October 2008Last Updated: 03 October 2008
Hiya guys,I am just wondering if an itouch can be linked to a macbook to control itunes remotely, and if it is possible how do I set it up ?ThanksBarrie
Graham RussellPosted: 27 September 2008Last Updated: 02 October 2008
Hi, I've been comparing Flac vs Wav versions of a few tracks (via Sonos ZP90 & Chord Signature phono cable) into 552/500. Wav sounds better and closes the gap on CD555. I have just finished converting all my CDs (approx 800) into Flac. If I convert Flac files into Wav will they sound the same as if the original tracks were ripped as Wav? I'm considering batch converting everything from Flac to Wav if the resulting files are the same as directly ripped Wavs. Assuming Flac really is lossless...
SlabwaxPosted: 30 September 2008Last Updated: 01 October 2008
How good is the Beresford cable? How does it compare to the Chord optichord cable? Thanks Dean
gary1 (US)Posted: 27 September 2008Last Updated: 29 September 2008
Well folks, I returned to the shop today a week after first hearing the HDX (+/- XPS2). A that time we were mightily impressed with the production unit of the HDX and felt that it was a terrific piece of kit. The addition of XPS2 really elevated the...
Claus-ThoegersenPosted: 28 September 2008Last Updated: 29 September 2008
I am more and more puzzled over the fact that people like subscribers to this Forum suppostedly all Naim owners, have such a hard time agreeing on the quality of the new streaming sollutions! Some find Lavry plus Mac to be the best sollution since the...
CjonesPosted: 26 September 2008Last Updated: 29 September 2008
How does the NNP01 room amplifier fit into the amp line up. What is Naim's opinion on where it fits into the amp list? To this point, it looks like the frequency of the NNP02 is actually better than the NNP01? Also, the little FM Naimnet radio, does...
Claus-ThoegersenPosted: 18 September 2008Last Updated: 29 September 2008
My dealer has offered me the HDX for a home demo, over the next week, a nice and dangerous offer!The HDX is up against my cd s3 with spx, and the idea is of course at some point over the week to put the spx on the HDX.As the system is installed now I...
JYPosted: 21 September 2008Last Updated: 28 September 2008
Is there a way to list all postings of an entire thread? Currently the number of messages per page seem to be limited to 15. Displaying all messages in one page would be very useful for users with portable devices who get occasional Internet access...
goldfinchPosted: 23 September 2008Last Updated: 27 September 2008
Hi, I would like to know if it is worth buying an audio card for using the AES/EBU input of the Lavry. This is not a cheap upgrade as these sound cards are expensive. I would appreciate any user experience and cable recommendations.Now I am using...
joe90Posted: 25 September 2008Last Updated: 27 September 2008
Check it out...http://www.naimnet.com/core/index.php
SlabwaxPosted: 22 September 2008Last Updated: 23 September 2008
Thanks for all the replies in my last post Sorry it turned into a bit of a flame war not my intent. So I'm ripping the cds in Itunes/apple lossless. When I look at the info it lists kbps with numbers ranging from 970-530 and every thing in between Is...
u5227470736789454Posted: 28 August 2008Last Updated: 23 September 2008
Hi,I have been "lurking" on here for a little while now asking the odd question about this or that. It has been an unusual journey, I began looking at home-cinema / stereo and have ended up deciding on a streaming hi-fi, the latter is down to all the...
Mr PiercePosted: 09 May 2008Last Updated: 22 September 2008
No questions just yet & not asking advice, just my $.02 to help future forum-searchers on the DAC-quest... So, not long after taking possession of my new hifi set which consists of a Rega Apollo CDP, 72, 140, and Dahlquist DQ-20 speakers - and after bumblingly dealing with speaker placement issues - I decided I wanted to Never Alphabetize My CD Collection Ever Again. So, I bought a Mac Mini and a Stello DA100 (not the new "signature" model) DAC. Even after many emails to the US Stello rep...
Claus-ThoegersenPosted: 21 September 2008Last Updated: 22 September 2008
I have used the HDX over some days now, and have some observations and questions, maybe some of my questions are already solved, and hoepfully others can be solved by Naim in future versions of the players firmware and the desktop application.Because...
LarkPosted: 21 September 2008Last Updated: 22 September 2008
HiI am currently playing with computer audio, using a MAC book and an old Meridian DAC. Very happy with the sound per pound, but looks a bit shabby located next to my Fraim on a side table.What I want to do is start using my iMAC, but this is about 8...
kumaPosted: 21 September 2008Last Updated: 22 September 2008
new medium for musichmm....Interesting.Discuss!
John R.Posted: 20 September 2008Last Updated: 21 September 2008
Due to the recent threads about the HDX it seems to me that for some strange reasons it is more respected by some strange forum members to criticize a product than to appreciate this. Regarding the HDX is seems to be rather brave to like it these...
gary1 (US)Posted: 20 September 2008Last Updated: 21 September 2008
I have to congratulate Paul and the team at Naim as they have really produced an excellent piece of Kit in the HDX. Today Scott (rega1) and I were able to listen for a couple of hours to the HDX which Dave Dever set-up at Promusica the other day. The...
nap-sterPosted: 19 September 2008Last Updated: 20 September 2008
I am tempted to get a miniMac for domestic duties. I have a laptop that I use for currently keeping my iTunes library on and syching up my Ipod/iPhone when I am away from home.If I did get a miniMac would all 3 keep synch together or is this not the ...
CharliePPosted: 19 August 2008Last Updated: 19 September 2008
Yet another thread regarding the marvelous Lavry DA-10 DAC as music source in an otherwise Naim system.As I promissed in a post on AllenB's thread, In the mix: Mac Mini / Lavry DA-10 / n-Vi, I would report my experiences borrowing my daughter's...
SlabwaxPosted: 14 September 2008Last Updated: 19 September 2008
I picked up a large hard drive and it's time to start the long process of ripping 1500 cds. Guess what? I only want to do this once. So I'm about to ask most likely silly questions. I use I tunes on a macbook. Should I rip in MAX and than store on...
gileswPosted: 03 September 2008Last Updated: 18 September 2008
Hi Naimers,I've had my cd5i for a few years now but I've also got a squeezebox kicking about that I should make more use of. I've been reading all the forums about the sb + dac combos sounding really good.I initially tried my sb2 with the DAC in my...
HardyPosted: 01 September 2008Last Updated: 17 September 2008
Hello,I am just thinking about a SNait and was wondering if it is possible to connect my skybox (satelite-reciever) digital to the SN.Problem: The SN only accepts PCM-signals. In the manuel of my skybox is written that it gives the signal out as a...
Graham RussellPosted: 15 September 2008Last Updated: 16 September 2008
I use a Netgear EVA8000 digital media player for streaming movies. It also plays streamed audio and supports Flac. Has anyone tried one of these as a source?I am thinking about dipping a toe into the digital streaming world. Perhaps the EVA8000...