Streaming Audio

Obsessed1Posted: 20 July 2008Last Updated: 24 August 2008
Just picked up a pair of AKG 701s on the cheap, and a Wadia iTransport (digital out from an iPod) also is on order.The perfect foil to these would be a DAC and headphone amp combined. I'm new to the world of headphones, and my "distributed audio"...
HansWPosted: 05 August 2008Last Updated: 24 August 2008
Does anyone know the status of the Naimnet product launches? According to the Naimnet home page all products should have been released in 2007 already. Are they now available? What does the interface look like? My own key interest is to have something...
DaveBkPosted: 11 August 2008Last Updated: 23 August 2008
Hi all,I've been using a NAC112/NAP150 combo for about 6 years, but have a bad case of upgraditis coming on. My only source is now a Slim Devices Transporter which offers fantastic sound with all the convenience of a network player. All my CDs are...
SteveHPosted: 20 August 2008Last Updated: 22 August 2008
So far my experiments with playing back music from my MacBook Pro into both the SuperNait and the Chord Dac indicate that every music playing app sounds different.This is using the MBP as a Mac or running Vista and taking the digital out optically via...
DavidmannePosted: 26 July 2008Last Updated: 21 August 2008
The HDX makes an enormous difference in contolling the the library of CD's. However, what about a similar library of LP's.How do I rip (or whatever) the LP's to the HDX?David
BluetorricPosted: 31 July 2008Last Updated: 21 August 2008
Hello, I wonder if anyone can help, I have ben playing FLAC lossless music from my laptop to Supernait using the 3.5 jack SPDIF out of laptop to 3.5 jack front panel analogue/digital input of the SN with quite good results. However I thought I would...
michael1702Posted: 12 August 2008Last Updated: 21 August 2008
hdx has arrived. it's great! due to some wlan issues not connected to the internet right now but it rips and plays and sounds fantastic.
DaveBkPosted: 20 August 2008Last Updated: 20 August 2008
As promised on an earlier thread, I started some A/B comparisons of the CD5 and the Slim Transporter tonight.Both are connected via standard Naim interconnects to a NAC112, and then onto a NAP150 driving a pair of Monitor Audio Silver RS6s.I...
u5227470736789454Posted: 20 August 2008Last Updated: 20 August 2008
Hi guys,the more I read the more I am convinced that streamed music is the way to go, as i can't afford an HDX and already own a macbook the route seems clear. However as I want to run my DVD, tv etc through a single source ( I do't need surround...
SeanbeerPosted: 07 August 2008Last Updated: 17 August 2008
guys,i bought a 2nd hand 'squeezbox', its the oldest version of hte SB, not the SB2 , i manage to get it playing msuic from my comptuer and tune in radio stations but not when i turned my computer off.is it possible ? to play radio station without my...
Mr UnderhillPosted: 27 July 2008Last Updated: 13 August 2008
....and for those of you who cannot wait the answer is VINYL, but ...I can drag out any number of albums that sound bad, either due the way they have been treated, not by me, or cut, or mastered. I am not a VINYL junkie, that is I DON'T automatically...
rega1Posted: 07 August 2008Last Updated: 12 August 2008
I decided to let itunes be my main software for ripping and burning. Low and behold it moved a ton of my WAV files that I had to the "unknown" artist folder. Now I have 1000+ songs not in their folder. Is there a fix, any help out there would be ...
Duncan FullertonPosted: 06 August 2008Last Updated: 12 August 2008
Where has the thread gone where a paying customer asked for some help with his HDX and connecting it to the internet to fetch information?Adam, if you are the moderator responsible for removing thread this then you should be ashamed. Unless I'm badly...
michael1702Posted: 09 August 2008Last Updated: 11 August 2008
http://www.music-line.biz/cms/fileadmin/pdf/man_naim_hdx_d.pdf
thesherrifPosted: 31 July 2008Last Updated: 07 August 2008
In the UK ripping cds is illegal, right?So where does leave the HDX then ?
imperiallinePosted: 04 August 2008Last Updated: 07 August 2008
What do you think of the internet radio? Some of radio channels seem to be very acceptable to me, for example NPR, Otto's baroque musick and SKY.FM, etc. even they are streaming at 96 kbps or 128 kbps.I usually stream them from my MacBook to the AE...
Keith LPosted: 18 July 2008Last Updated: 05 August 2008
I bought an optical lead to connect my macbook pro directly to my Benchmark Dac1. I usually connect my SB3 to my dac with a Naim DC1 coax lead. The direct connection using the optical lead sounds lifeless with a bloated bass. I checked through the...
KeanoKingPosted: 05 July 2008Last Updated: 03 August 2008
Have just recieved and tested my second IPOD dock connector to DIN connector cable and the left and right channels are reversed again. Now i had a headphone connecor to RCA cable handy and tested that and it's the same. I was using an IPOD classic...
djftwPosted: 17 July 2008Last Updated: 31 July 2008
Airport connected, Laptop connected, Music keeps stopping and starting. Weak signal? Network being overworked (about 12 computers in this house at my last count, no idea how many are being used right now)? Or is something more sinister going on!!!
james nPosted: 23 July 2008Last Updated: 30 July 2008
NewsSo erm... who's buying one then ?James
jadipPosted: 28 July 2008Last Updated: 30 July 2008
I have just created a wonderful music server using a Supernait, Apple TV and an iPod touch. I have been using the Supernait and Apple TV for a few months, it is terrific! It had one nuisance. In order to operate the Apple TV you had to use a TV or a...
freddie59Posted: 20 May 2008Last Updated: 28 July 2008
Hi,I currently have CD5X,202, 200.Have a reasonably small CD collection and a larger collection on my computer.I have that upgrade feeling again. However don't really want to get a CD player due to the ever changing digital world.I have a Beresford...
Claus-ThoegersenPosted: 27 July 2008Last Updated: 28 July 2008
I am considering to get an external soundcard for my Laptop, wich is running Windows! The idea is to use the computer mainly for playing internet radio on the hifi system. Any recommendations? My own idea is that a sort of Creative card could do the...
Mr UnderhillPosted: 25 June 2008Last Updated: 28 July 2008
I think there are a number of issues with choosing to buy files off the internet, which include:1. File QualityIf I'm buying a CD I can go into HMV and listen to it before purchase, and read reviews.With a file I MAY be able to listen to an MP3 - via...
Mr UnderhillPosted: 19 June 2008Last Updated: 28 July 2008
Thought I'd start a thread where we can collectively start to record sites, how good they, and the files they make available, are.The files can be: Stored on directly attached storage, a la Naim HDX; Stored remotely, on a NAS for example, a la...